See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2017

visit in the beginning of June for a short break, all staff are welcoming and helpful, rooms are dated , but large ,clean and comfy beds, air-con great but noisy, no fridge or tea making facilities in room unless you upgrade or can rent, breakfast was great more like breakfast and lunch in one so you are very filled, they offer free entry to the aqua sol park and beach. No Internet in rooms only lobby, but heard if you are on first and second floor you might can get connection, i was on the third,Transfer to airport is included.
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend if you are not fussy.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Terrible hotel , staff unhelpful everything added cost , no fridge in the room, I asked about a fridge and was told it would cost us $20 per night , the sound on the TV was so low we complained to the front desk someone came to the room and said you may have to watch another station as the sound is louder on other channels , no offer of a replacement.
Breakfast I asked for a second cup of tea and juice and was told we were only allowed one cup of tea , beacon if you have it in your omelette you would have to pay extra for a side order .

I was drawn to the hotel because of wifi , the majority of the time it didn't work so I had to pop to Burger King , as the week came to a close the staffs attitude got a little better , I would not return to this hotel it was the worst I've ever stayed in .everything had an hidden cost .
Staff not very helpful .
Swimming pool was a disappointment, a swimming pool is an important feature of any hotel , the swimming pool was hidden behind the hotel , it was dirty and unkept , there were 4 deck chairs , location very lonely ,unkept no one would go in that pool , it was disgusting. The hotel needed better lighting in the rooms , the rooms very basic .
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

The stay was ok from my experience. We were comfortable at the site of the hotel where we had the sea view. The side of the hotel that we stayed was newly renovated as well, housekeeping service was good. Room was comfortable & the cabled TV was ok. The AC worked well and we had choices of hot & cold water in the bathroom. The grounds of the hotel was clean. Choices for breakfast service was fulfilling. Hotel situated on the main stretch of road that leads to some of the chill spots like Maguaritaville, near beach location, other hang out restaurants and bars and just a few block into the town of Montego Bay.

Room Tip: Choices of room view preference, some locations may be quieter than others.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2017

The Wexford is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in on the strip. The sheets were stained and the wifi was extremely poor. Breakfast was supposed to start at 7 AM, however at 7:25 AM it still wasn't ready. The prostitutes standing outside in the evening are a reminder of how much this place seems to have gone downhill.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank kevinbckaz
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Most people visiting Jamaica are looking for an all inclusive resort, however if you aren't and are on a budget, The Wexford isn't bad at all. The location on the Hip Strip is awesome, right by Margaritaville, across from Old Hispital park and close to One Man beach, which is one of my favorite beaches on the strip. The hotel itself isn't horrible, of course you get what you pay for. The staff was friendly enough, the cleaning lady Joy was so sweet. Breakfast is included and they have Jamaican and Western options, and everything I tried was good. It seemed like a lot of locals and tourists came there to eat dinner as well. I did eat there for dinner once and the food was ok, just definitely not worth the price when you can get delicious local food on the strip. The serving staff was ok. Most of them didn't seem like they really knew what they were doing, but as long as you ask for more coffee or juice or whatever, they will serve you. The room I stayed in was ocean side. If you do decide to stay here and don't like noise from the street or don't want to hear the loud music from the nearby bars, probably ask for a garden side room. The air conditioning worked well. The shower also worked well and the room was clean and comfortable. The pool is not somewhere I would recommend to swim in. It definitely needs a facelift. It looked dirty and as if it hadn't been used in months. You also have to climb a huge hill to get to it, so even if it was renovated, I'm sure some people wouldn't like the hike to it. Also, be aware that wifi only works in the lobby.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple