Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
Half Moon(Rose Hall)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
5,868 results
All reviewspalms buildingoleander roomour honeymooncucina romanaalmonds buildingbig altokyo joesstew fishpiano barbutler servicebayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeancafe de parisclose to the airportmain barwater skiing
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Sandals at Montego Bay was amazing. We went for our honeymoon in February. Along with a breathtaking honeymoon suite, you get so many perks. For example... prime seating at the fine dining restaurants, 24 hour butler service via a cell phone they give you with a direct line to the butler, you get priority with booking excursions because your butler arranges anything and everything you want to do. There were beach parties, local talent entertainment in the evening. All inclusive food and drinks, which were amazing. The weather was perfect, the grounds are well maintained. You can't best the few and clear blue water. EXCELLENT customer service. The employees treat you like family. We even meet two couples that we still are in touch with. It was hands down the best resort that I've ever visited.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 June 2015

My husband and I stayed at this resort in the Ocean view butler suite for 8 nights for our honeymoon. Our room was very clean, the mini fridge was always stocked, and we had a walkway to a private beach. We had two butlers, Andrea and Dwanian, who were outstanding. They made our stay so wonderful and now we want to go back every year! Their service was excellent and they always quickly answered the phone to assist us with our needs. They remembered any request we made and filled it to the best of their ability. They literally took care of everything so we never had to plan a thing including our dinner reservations, reserving our beach beds daily, bringing us food and drinks, even answering questions we had throughout the day. You would be extremely lucky to have them as your butlers! All the bartenders and waiters were also very accommodating and provided us with excellent service throughout our stay. We definitely never went thirsty at the bar!

Room Tip: get the butler service for a stress-free vacation!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 18 June 2015

We had a great time, I went with my husband and sister and brother in law and we all enjoyed our stay. It is an older property but they are upgrading. The rooms are small but clean and they have king sized beds and nice size balconies. The food was very good and Dionne in the Bayside dining area makes the best omelets. For late night fun stop by Cricketers and visit with Dixon, he is fantastic. Sandals has an entertainment staff that keep you busy throughout the day with different activities. Hartlon is absolutely fantastic at getting everyone to participate. Would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dino0771
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2015

Thank you for your review, Dino!
We love that you had such an excellent time at Sandals Montego Bay and thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our wonderful staff and they will be truly pleased to know that you spoke so highly of them. We hope to welcome you back some day soon for another incredible vacation!

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I returned recently from an 8 night stay to celebrate our 5th anniversary. This was our 6th time staying at a Sandals property in Jamaica and our 2nd stay at this resort. I found out this year that I have a food allergy that I was unaware of on previous visits. This gave me an entirely new perspective on dining at this resort and one that fellow food allergy suffers might find helpful. But, first here are our thoughts on other aspects of Sandals Montego Bay (SMB).

Location: The best thing about the location of SMB is its close proximity to the airport, which is exactly what we want after a long day of flying. However, the trade off is the planes taking off, although brief, they are loud. After the first few times, you don't notice it as much and by the end of the week we hardly paid any attention to it.

Beach: The beach is very well maintained and is the largest private beach in Jamaica. Privacy is important as it means that you won't have higglahs (vendors) walking the beach trying to sell items all day, as is the case at Sandals Negril.

TIP: If you opt not to pay extra for Bulter service and want to spend a lot of time on the beach, get there early, chairs in shady spots fill up fast.

Room: We stayed in the Oversize One Bedroom Suite in the Bayroc area of the resort. This is the second time we've stayed in this room, and found it spacious and comfortable. The balcony was a bit small and we preferred our room on the ground floor which has a small patio, but opens up to a larger sitting area and yard. The whirlpool tub and separate tiled shower are always a huge selling point for me and the small sitting area with a large chair and loveseat are a nice additional spot to hang out in the afternoons when it gets a little too steamy outside.

Butler Service: As usual, we had two Butlers during our stay, Stevan and Shelly. Both were excellent, although I did feel that Shelly was more particularly attuned to our daily needs, often before we knew them ourselves. This is our third time with Butler service and having learned from past trips where our Butler preferences I entered online were not shared with the Butlers, I typed up a short list of our favorite activities, special dates like our anniversary and other important information like my food allergies. When I arrived I provided a copy to each Butler, which seemed very helpful in the first few days as they got to know us. I would recommend this to anyone who, like myself has special needs which must be taken into account during your stay.

My husband and I both believe that the additional expense for this service is well worth it, and we will never be without it again as it allows you to relax and not worry. For example, I play guitar and brought my small acoustic with me. When tuning up I broke a string and didn't have the spares with me I thought I'd packed. Both Butlers went to work and found me a music store in town. Stevan arranged for a taxi which took us to the store and back to get my new strings, which really was a standout moment.

TIP: These folks work hard, so you don't have to, don't forget to tip them at the end of the week for the extra effort they put in.

Spa: I visited the spa three times during our stay. Once for the Deep Relief Massage, once for the States of Slow Massage and again for the Couples Massage. Of these three I found the Deep Relief Massage to be my favorite. If you are feeling tight after flying I recommend booking this session early in your stay to get fully relaxed. If you are looking for a less therapeutic, but relaxing massage, I recommend States of Slow.

Entertainment: My husband and I didn't partake in most of the evenings entertainment, opting instead for time together. We did attend the Beach Party for the first time, and were less than impressed. It maybe that we are the wrong crowd for this to appeal to, as it seemed to be geared more toward first time guests than more seasoned Jamericans like ourselves.

We did attend the Sandals Select Guest dinner, which we have been avoiding for the last few years as it always makes for a long evening, when we might rather be doing something else. The cocktail hour went on a bit too long, and was uncomfortably hot in the Skydome. Dinner moved and a nice pace, which was welcome. We had a nice evening talking with the other guests and our table's hostess, the head of landscaping at the resort, especially since we are gardeners ourselves.

Dining: I have always raved about the food at Sandals resorts. I am a foodie who loves to cook and am always impressed by the variety of offerings, as well as they skillful way they coordinate multiple restaurants on a daily basis. If you don't have a food allergy, you will have countless and delicious options at any meal, in any of the properties eateries. However, if you do have a food allergy, especially any of the big 8, your experience may be different.

I am allergic to shellfish, which is easy enough to avoid, but I learned this year that I also have a Casein allergy which is in all dairy (milk, cheese, butter). I was concerned about our trip and discovered the Dietary Restrictions information and video testimonial on the Sandals website. I also reached out in advance to the special service team via email and was told that I would meet with the Executive Chef once I arrived to discuss my needs. This made me optimistic that I would be able to enjoy what I wanted while there without worry. In reality, my experience was anything but worry free.

I did meet with the Executive Chef briefly and explained my particular allergy, which was mistaken for lactose intolerance, which IS NOT the same. I was told to speak to the Chef at each restaurant to guide me towards what can be prepared dairy-free. This became A LOT of work for me. Every time we wanted to eat, not only did I have to scrutinize the menu, but then have a conversation with the server, then the chef, which always seemed like a negotiation regarding whether or not they could prepare it according to my needs. It was a hassle, and it also meant that all desserts where unavailable to me. This I found VERY unacceptable as I could have easily prepared about a dozen desserts myself with ingredients that I know are available on property with a little time in their kitchens. I mean who hasn't seen the Pinterest about frozen banana ice cream!

My best dining experience was at The Oleander Room, where the staff, took very good care of me, and actually expressed concern for my experience. They even took the trouble of preparing a special dessert for me of fried plantains and a raspberry sauce, which was the ONLY dessert I received all week long.

Dining was just incredibly frustrating for me, since there seemed to be Gluten Free options clearly marked on the menu and the staff had obviously been trained regarding that allergy, but none of these options or training for Casein. It is my opinion that Sandals needs to re-evaluate and step up their game in this regard. If they do not, it will make my decision to continue to patronize their resorts more difficult.

Additionally, for the first time in many trips I was extremely ill on our anniversary and our last full day of our trip, which I mostly slept through in the room. This experience paired with my food allergy experience, left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Overall: All in all, the first part of our trip was great, but as the week came to end, my illness and food allergy dining issues put a damper on things. We have been steadfast in our devotion to Sandals and have made Jamaica like a second home, but I left feeling less than overwhelmed. Still, the people are amazing, and even when I was sick they did what they could to make sure I was taken care of, and that does count for a lot.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank amandas215

Hello and thank you for your review, Amanda.
We’re so sorry to hear that you had this experience regarding your food allergies during your stay at Sandals Montego Bay. Our culinary concierge program which is specifically designed to assist guests with dietary restrictions has garnered much praise but we recognize that there can always be improvements made to the process. I will be sharing all of your input directly with the resort Management Team and our Culinary Team so that they may ensure that these issues are properly addressed and that the miscommunication does not persist. We value all of your input and we hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to serve you more efficiently.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

This was my first vacation in Jamaica for both my boyfriend and I. Definitely a memorable trip with friends. We went there to attend a wedding which was absolutely beautiful. The ocean view was just breath taking. If possible, I would want to definitely spend every summer in Sandals Montego Bay or just any Sandals resort!

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view are just incredible and if affordable choose a room with butler service!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple