See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I recently (August 2016) had the opportunity to stay at this gem of a bed & breakfast. The views are out of this world, and the grounds were well kept with lots of charm and character. The Inn is a great alternative for those who want to get a little closer to Jamaica than is possible when staying at an all-inclusive hotel. The rooms were well-appointed, clean and cool. Gracie and Gayle....such wonderful people. They will be friends for life and I will visit them when I'm in Jamaica whether I stay their or not. They are Jamaica, and spending time with them over breakfast or during day is a great way to connect with the spirit of Jamaica. As it is a bed and breakfast, plan to dip into MoBay at night for dinner (and to purchase snacks, as there are no stores close by). Gracie and Gayle are a fountain of knowledge on MoBay nightlife and can steer you in the right direction (and secure transportation if you haven't rented a car). Lastly, I thought the price couldn't be beat. If you are looking for a nice clean B&B with excellent views and a great staff, well...you've come to the right place!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Maurice N
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Just stayed at this little gem in Montego Bay. I really enjoyed the personal touch and family-inspired vibe. Grace and Gayle were very accommodating. In addition to the retro decor, Richmond Hill Inn also has the best views in Montego Bay. Breathtaking! If you are planning a wedding or looking for a real cultural experience, this is your spot! I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Best views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We went up for the views and the bar on a quick tour. The over look from the pool and lower deck are stunning of the island and you could see our cruise ship in the bay which was great. The Inn itself was rather dusty and all the furniture is antique and doesn't look save to sit on. The drinks at the bar were terrible so don't waste your money there. The staff was friendly and again it's a great photo op but I would not stay over there.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped here during a tour of Montego Bay. It was a five dollar entrance fee. The grounds are keep very clean and the views were out of this world. The inn is on top of Montego Bay with a 180 degree view of the city and bay. Much of the lobby and bar are open air with views of everything. The decor looks like a movie from the 50's. It was a great little stop on our tour!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank scott16
Reviewed 21 June 2016

We stayed here for one night preceding a cruise and chose Richmond Hill Inn based on a recommendation from a friend. It is truly a gracious B&B with the mother and two daughters presiding over an estate that has been in the family for decades. Our room was spotlessly clean and comfortable but the highlights were the grounds, a lovely little bar and the pool deck with views that survey all of Montego Bay. The crown jewel is the family who owns it! They arranged for a driver to come and get us and drive us down the hill to Pier One, a restaurant on the water where we had a fabulous dinner. To our surprise, the driver sat outside and waited to bring us back "home". (No charge, but we tipped him generously.) We were having coffee on the deck the next morning as we watched out ship sail into port, and were eating our included cooked to order breakfast lovingly served to us on the deck as a tour group came through! This property has such an iconic history and location that it even is included in Montego Bay City Tours!! We chatted with some people who were going to be on our same cruise who had stayed down off of the "Hip Strip", paid more money than we did and had not one ounce of sleep for the noise, while we slept like babies. As I was preparing to book a repeat stay there today I felt I would be remiss in NOT posting this overdue review to repay them for a superior stay!

Room Tip: Bar is small but serviceable .. drinks are generous and not overpriced. If a B & B atmosphere appeals to you -- just stay here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple