“Great Jerk Chicken and Port”

Jerky's Bar & Grill
Ranked #24 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 5 July 2017

It's not really fancy, but it's really good! The jerk chicken was some of the best I've had, and the jerk pork was good, too. However, it's not as good as the chicken, in my opinion, because it had a lot of fat (and I'm a bacon lover, so fat isn't usually a problem).

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank FFOhio

Reviewed 27 June 2017

stopped by for lunch today. there have been obvious upgrades to modernize the production process however the end product did not reflect this. Jerk Pork was predominantly FAT, at least 50%. Did not have that hot off the grill taste it used to clearly cooked and put down. chicken was Ok but the wing was undercooked as blood evident when bone was cut and skin not crispy. Fries were good. I would not go out of my way to go back.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I have to admit we were starved when we stopped by but, oh my, was it good!

Don't let the building fool you, there's a reason it's crowded - the food!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to Jamaica many times and spend a lot of time in Montego Bay. My honest opinion is the quality of the chicken is better at Jerkys. The jerk sauce is better at Scotchies. That being said, I personally prefer to go to Jerkys. They have a karaoke night that is fun and the crowd is always irie. I usually get rice and peas and cole slaw with my jerk, but sometimes I will get the potato wedges which are also tasty. The two restaurants are at opposite ends of Montego Bay, so I guess it depends on where you are. Jerkys gets my vote evey time.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Went here for dinner on a Saturday. Had the jerk pork with rice and peas and festival. The meat was well seasoned and spicy enough. They also give you additional sauces on the side if you want to spice it up even more!

Date of visit: March 2017