Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Zoetry Montego Bay Jamaica(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$400
Hotels.com
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$573
US$300
  • Pool
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$445
US$265
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$572
US$429
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$511
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$563
US$403
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$679
US$570
Expedia
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$403
Expedia
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$298
Trip.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$988
5,951 results
All reviewsthai restaurantroyal caribbeankensington buildingbig birdbutler servicebamboo shackcrystal lagoonregency restaurantle jardinierour honeymoonmain pooltracy anncricketers pubbutler suiteclothing optional beachbeach grillconcierge office
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just returned from 6 days at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. My wife's iPhone was stolen from our room. We documented that it was stolen via the Find My iPhone, and showed them proof. While onsite, the security manager had us fill out a form for a compliant, however, nothing more than that has been done. I was told that they would follow up with me once I returned to the states, I've left 4 voicemails, and can not get them to call me back. Obviously they don't care of what happens to their customers, especially after then have left the resort.

I will discourage anyone from visiting a Sandals Resort based on their policy and lack of follow up when a customer is violated.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank trentreed86
Rayne M, Customer Relations Team Lead at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Trent,

Thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Caribbean. We are sorry if any aspect of your trip was not as expected and it was particularly concerning to note your comments regarding your phone. We wish to assure you that we do take security very seriously as we strive to maintain a completely safe environment for all of our guests. In addition to camera surveillance in common areas, all staff members are also subject to security searches upon arrival and prior to departing the property as an additional security measure. We would never tolerate any team member engaging in unfitting behaviour at any time and we sincerely regret if you have had an unsavory impression of our staff.

While reports of this nature are extremely rare, we nonetheless do take it seriously and a serious investigation was done as soon as this was brought to management's attention. I am glad to report that the results found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of any team member, and we have also not had any similar complaints to date. However, as we are saddened to see that it appears you still do not appear to be satisfied although an insurance letter was provided as per your wife's request, and Resort Management would welcome an opportunity to speak with you to address any lingering concerns you may have. If you have not already done so, we kindly ask that you please contact customersupport@sandals.com should you be willing to accept their request for a discussion.

We sincerely do value all of our guests and we only hope you would permit us an opportunity to restore your faith in our resort family in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I have been to 13 Sandals now, with the Royal Caribbean being the latest. We stayed 2 full weeks which was new for us, usually it's 10-11 days We travel from the West Coast (Oregon) which makes it a very long trip, but we love Sandals so much we continue to make the trip. This time our 1st week was our free week (you earn those after 70 paid nights.) The 2nd week we splurged on an "Over The Water Villa!" AMAZING!!!! It is everything we could have wanted and more!!! I must add the incredible staff at this resort made our time in Jamaica so much more special!!! Let me name a few, our butlers Rayo, Duane, Dane, and Kalene. Bartenders, Travis, James, Courtney, Dominique, Kevoun, and Tracy Ann. Life Guard Derval. Playmakers, Elmo, Oshin, Baby Girl, Warren, and Chico. Security, Sean, and Sheen. Waiters, Garfield and Paul. And last but not least our boat drivers back and forth to the OTW room Howard, and Mario. Thank you all for making our vacation, and my husbands 60th birthday so amazing!!!! Even though we have been to so many Sandals before, you guys were special to us because of how great you are!!!!! I have never posted on Trip Advisor before, but I will do everything I can to inform people of how much we appreciate you!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have something special
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank _lreaksecker
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted to review this as it was difficult for me to find reviews of this when we were trying to figure out what to reserve.
The resort is great! Very relaxing, older crowd and quiet.
The food and drinks is typical of what you would expect at an all inclusive.
We had a surprise Honeymoon breakfast the morning after arriving which was a very nice surprise.
We reserved private dining in one of the gazebos in front our room, Ricardo was GREAT!
Staff is wonderful!!!!
Now to the room: 5105
View is beautiful
Walls are thin so you could hear everything and I mean everything, from your upstairs neighbor to clapping from all the weddings being hosted on your doorstep to the tree frogs and crickets and maintenance/staff.
The room is very outdated but comfortable. It’s very basic. No you don’t have a soaking tub if that’s what you’re wondering. All the fixtures are old school. Pillows are comfortable, mattress is not. Bottom line, if you want an updated room, don’t reserve this building/suite.
Keep in mind, your room is directly in front of where the majority of the weddings take place, you WILL have to go around if there’s a wedding as the staff will not let you walk through. If you are hanging out at the private beach located in front of your room, you WILL have to move. In our 4 nights, we saw 2 weddings a day take place. It does get annoying when you are trying to get to your room after a long day or leaving your room to go to the main pool area and you are not allowed to walkthrough. If you don’t mind this, reserve this building, if you do, reserve another suite/building. We thought we wouldn’t care but it did get old pretty quickly.
Now to airplanes, they don’t bother us as we live in a busy city and we are use to them. You WILL hear them and it’s loud enough that you cannot hear the person in front of you while having a conversation.
There’s security everywhere and local vendors in their kayaks could become a nuisance whistling for your attention, you just keep walking, that’s all.
Blue mountain coffee is absolutely amazing!!!! I recommend to get some by the ping pong table, that brew was always delicious.
We loved our vacation and would stay again. I hope this review helped.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MMGarcia
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Were allocated our perfect room by Club concierge, just what we had requested - top floor in Kensington cove! Local pool was quiet and though beach was busier it was still relaxed. Service at pool was fab and friendly with regular drinks rounds brought to us. Danovan, the Kensington pool lifeguard, looked after us so well we really missed him on his day off. He made us feel so welcome and 'at home'!
Restaurants good but, as we've done Sandals holidays before, we found the food a bit too familiar. Oleander at Montego Bay was our favourite but Eleanor's was great too.
Only slight hiccup was organising a room to change in for the last day - sorted promptly though when we questioned the arrangements and we got a hospitality room.
Overall a wonderful holiday that gave us the relaxation we wanted with entertainment that wasn't too loud and with really friendly staff.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean for our first Reunion Week. (Reunion Week is a week devoted to return guests that Sandals Resorts does at all of their resorts). We picked to go here for the short airplane ride, great price, and also it was the last of the Sandals islands for us to visit. Compared to other Sandals we have been to I would say this was at the lower end of them with regards to food and beach. I found the food to be average, nothing really wowed us too much there and the beach seemed somewhat man-made for lack of a better description. I didn't like how it was cut off in sections.

Our room was fantastic, right on the beach and with a great view. I loved that, even though the resort was at capacity, it never seemed crowded and it was easy to get an umbrella on the beach. Beach valet service was decent. The water was much bluer than I had anticipated and it was calm and enjoyable. I liked that there were no vendors on the beach just some that occasionally went by the waterline on a kayak.

The best part of our trip were the Reunion week activities. The Return Guest Dinner was fantastic and Kaye did an amazing job getting through all the awards, there were a ton! It was beautifully set up, a real treat! We got to sit with Shaville, from Health and Safety, at the dinner and he was a doll. We also did the Retie the Knot for our 25 years together. Sandals offered it for free as part of Reunion Week. That was amazing! We had the best time! It was so much more than we expected and worth every minute! Our Wedding Coordinator was Clarique. She was fantastic. We had to pick out flowers, cake flavors, and songs. I'm so glad this resort offered this awesome event as part of Reunion Week as many of the Sandals do not. Sheldon walked me down the aisle. He was so sweet and made sure to say hello and have small talk whenever we saw each other after our Retie. Reverand Gordon was so awesome. He really made the event so special and he was funny too. I really enjoyed what he had to say. Our photographer from the even was Dwayne, I loved him!! He did a fabulous job on the photos, actually too good! It was hard for me to decide which ones to get and I got a package deal which I was very happy with. The photos are kind of expensive but when else will you get memories like this? Dwayne was so nice to us during our entire stay, he was a great guy and photographer! We didn't get to attend the free excursion for Reunion Week but I was impressed with the selection.

I was a little disappointed in the private island. After having been to Sandals Royal Caribbean many times we were expecting something similar. Unfortunately, the island seemed very small and there wasn't much beach. Again, it seemed very man-made to me. The jerk shack on the island though was amazing! I think it was the best meal we had there.

I did love the ambiance and coziness of the resort. I liked that it is small. Service at the bars was great but at the restaurants it was just ok. We were actually expecting a bit more friendliness but that seemed to be lacking a bit. Don't get me wrong everyone was nice but I didn't feel that the service was as great as other resorts we have been to. There was one employee at a restaurant who did make us feel so welcome and go out of his way and that would be "Big Bird" at the Pub. He was great! Our stay was only 5 days so I'm wondering if we would've stayed a bit longer if we would've had a different experience with the staff. You get to know people better the longer you are there.

I would definitely return back to this resort. It was a quick plane ride, great price and a very fun vacation. The option to go to Mobay is also a great plus. The beach there is much nicer and bigger, but it seemed much more crowded. Overall, great vacation, good staff/service, and great value for what we paid.

Stayed: April 2018