“This shouldnt be Hard Rock ”

Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Description: Delivering an innovative approach to architectural design, Hard Rock Café Montego Bay combines the traditional elements of the Hard Rock brand with warm Caribbean colors and earth-toned textures. Up to 360 guests can enjoy this unique atmosphere comfortably, whether they want to dine indoors, poolside, or on the patio deck. Guests can soak up the sun in poolside lounge chairs, chat the afternoon away in our poolside cabanas, or hit the beach. Guests in town for a little business with their leisure can hold meetings in our 40-seat meeting room. Everywhere you look in Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, you’ll be surrounded by exclusive memorabilia you won’t find anywhere else in the world!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well. First I was forced to come here, I'm staying right now at Orquid Secrets and because the place is so boring And no matter how much you pay, they dont know what customer service is, so... we wanted to see a Box fight and we were told that only at HardRock, so, here we go...
They give us to options to enter, 50 usd per person with a terrible beverage Quality or 80 usd with some acceptable drinks. I just drink beer And sometimes tequila si we bought the 80usd package.
Our first waiter was very nice but we request to change our spot to another table because we were there for the fight.
When I ask the other waiter if her table was available she said NO... super rude, I mean, I understand if you are polite and explained me that table is occupied but we just got a dry NO, anyway...
We found another table, we paid for the drinks And then I ordered DonJulio (tequila) because it was on the list of golden drinks, so dissapointed when the same waiter told me "we dont have that" so I ask her why you have publicity advertising this drink if you DONT have it....

I suppoused she didnt know what was that so I went to the bar And ask directly to the barman, he told me "yes, give me a moment and I'll give you the shot ".
Then, the same waiter spoke with him And SUDDENLY NO MORE DON JULIO!!!!!!!!
HIS excuse was that they didnt have more.
Come on guys!! You are running a bussiness here!!!! Is not charity And if you DONT have a drink do not put it in the publicity, other wise ill save the embarrasing situation to ask for something you DONT have!!! Is ridículous.

If you add the lack of supervision, I work in hospitality service And I know how this works, I saw the supervisor siting on the table like nothing happen.

Anyway.... dont wasted your money in this place. I worked at HardRock in Cancún And the visión and the misión is millions miles away of what you do in Jamaica...

Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Abigail R,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We must apologize for the poor service you received, especially the miscommunication regarding our drink packages. This was definitely not a good demonstration of amplified service, which we strive to provide at all times. In order to fully address these issues, we would like to find out more about your visit - we ask that you e-mail us at sales2@hrcmobay.com and one of our team members will contact you directly. Again, we apologize for your unfortunate experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service was great! We had burgers and grilled chicken and was great! Pool is only for adults but they have a small beach where we swam with the kids.

Hi MajoGall! Thanks for your review - we're glad you enjoyed your burgers! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We arrived just for a drink and the staff on the door were brilliant, taking us to a table outside with a view of the beach -
we waited far too long for anyone to bring our drinks .. there was only about 4 tables that had people on there and no one came to take our order for ages, then when he did he took ages to bring the drink .. i just thought the service inside did not match the great welcome on the door so was very disappointed .. we left after just one drink and after drinking and eating and many of the Hard Rocks inc NYC - Prague - Barcelona - London - this was by far the worse experience - keep up the good work at the welcome but you need to match the service with the welcome

1  Thank tat16
Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi there tat16,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you were greeted by our friendly hosts at the door, however, we must apologize for the inconsistency in our service. We also apologize for not meeting your expectations - especially given your extensive experience with our brand at other locations. We would like to find out more about your experience, we ask that you contact us directly - one of our team members will follow up with you. Please e-mail us at sales2@hrcmobay.com. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I can't speak on the restaurant itself as I only went into the gift shop. I try to go to as many HRCs as possible when I travel to get a shirt and a pin. I spent $20 on a cab to get to this location and was very disappointed. For starters, I searched through 6 different shirt styles until I found one in my size (medium). To make matters worse, the staff there knew that they were out of my size but just didn't care. I found a shirt that I liked (didn't love) in my size and then went to find a pin. Just like the shirts - very limited selection on the rack. I found one that I liked in the display case at the register. There were 3 of that style in there along with several duplicates of others. I asked if I could have it and was basically told that if it's not on the rack then it's not for sale. Being a collector, I've been to about 150 locations. I've seen the "collector case - not for sale" displays, and I've seen the case at the register counter that is a display that is sold through. I have shopped out of many of these at other locations with no problem but the rude employees at Jamaica didn't care at all. Their attitude from the beginning was that I was bothering them. I wonder if this is why the other locations on the island closed down?

Hi there saxguy2002,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Rock Shop. We must apologize for the service you received – we always try our best to provide optimal service, especially for avid collectors such as yourself. Our Retail Sales Associate should have informed you beforehand of our limited supply, as we are in the process of restocking all our items, plus we will be adding newer items for the upcoming season. We kindly ask that you contact us directly so that we can investigate the matter to ensure that this issue is addressed. Please e-mail us at sales2@hrcmobay.com – one of our team members will follow up as soon as possible. Again we apologize, and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We visited the Hard Rock our last night in Montego Bay. We were able to walk from our resort. The food was good and the wait staff were great!

Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi there Amandaluvstotravel! We're glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit! Have a rockin' day!!