“Disappointed”

Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay
Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Description: Delivering an innovative approach to architectural design, Hard Rock Café Montego Bay combines the traditional elements of the Hard Rock brand with warm Caribbean colors and earth-toned textures. Up to 360 guests can enjoy this unique atmosphere comfortably, whether they want to dine indoors, poolside, or on the patio deck. Guests can soak up the sun in poolside lounge chairs, chat the afternoon away in our poolside cabanas, or hit the beach. Guests in town for a little business with their leisure can hold meetings in our 40-seat meeting room. Everywhere you look in Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, you’ll be surrounded by exclusive memorabilia you won’t find anywhere else in the world!
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I can't speak on the restaurant itself as I only went into the gift shop. I try to go to as many HRCs as possible when I travel to get a shirt and a pin. I spent $20 on a cab to get to this location and was very disappointed. For starters, I searched through 6 different shirt styles until I found one in my size (medium). To make matters worse, the staff there knew that they were out of my size but just didn't care. I found a shirt that I liked (didn't love) in my size and then went to find a pin. Just like the shirts - very limited selection on the rack. I found one that I liked in the display case at the register. There were 3 of that style in there along with several duplicates of others. I asked if I could have it and was basically told that if it's not on the rack then it's not for sale. Being a collector, I've been to about 150 locations. I've seen the "collector case - not for sale" displays, and I've seen the case at the register counter that is a display that is sold through. I have shopped out of many of these at other locations with no problem but the rude employees at Jamaica didn't care at all. Their attitude from the beginning was that I was bothering them. I wonder if this is why the other locations on the island closed down?

Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi there saxguy2002,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Rock Shop. We must apologize for the service you received – we always try our best to provide optimal service, especially for avid collectors such as yourself. Our Retail Sales Associate should have informed you beforehand of our limited supply, as we are in the process of restocking all our items, plus we will be adding newer items for the upcoming season. We kindly ask that you contact us directly so that we can investigate the matter to ensure that this issue is addressed. Please e-mail us at sales2@hrcmobay.com – one of our team members will follow up as soon as possible. Again we apologize, and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We visited the Hard Rock our last night in Montego Bay. We were able to walk from our resort. The food was good and the wait staff were great!

Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi there Amandaluvstotravel! We're glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next visit! Have a rockin' day!!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Great place and wonderful atmosphere.
There is a DJ playing lounge and R&B music by the pool. You can hang out at the beach a few steps away from the pool area. Chairs and umbrellas are available for a fair price.
The place is clean, water is pristine, and the surroundings are paradisiac.
Much better than the popular Doctro's Cave beach.

1  Thank Marcus V

Hi Marcus_M_Vieira! We truly appreciate your feedback and we're glad we exceeded your expectations! Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

great food good gathering spot for a change of pace and great drinks and music, bar tenders are friendly and knowlegeable with sugestive drinks to try... they will make your favorites

Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We looking forward to your next visit. Keep rockin'!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Pretty much what you would expect. The hamburger was good and the service was great. It was packed with locals.

Admin_HRC, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi Shannon D! Thanks for taking the time to review our cafe, and we're glad you enjoyed our great food and service. We hope your next visit is not only better, but AWESOME! Looking forward to your next visit, and keep rockin'!