All reviewspolo loungeboutique resorthead butlerendless privilegescoyaba restaurantcomplimentary laundry servicesmall resortthe general managerunlimited vacation clubroad noiseuvc membersassigned a butlerroom servicefront desk managerbutler servicecoco cafeocean view
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The resort is absolutely breathtaking. It's very small [just 49 rooms] but my husband and I enjoy small resorts. We both have demanding jobs so we thoroughly enjoy getting away to a place that's nice and quiet. During our stay there weren't many guests at the resort so that made it extra special for us. This resort is definitely not for everyone. It's only for those who don't want to do much during their stay.
Check-in was good. They were very friendly and welcomed us "home".
Our room, the Junior Suite Swim Out Ocean View, was fabulous. We stayed in room 205 the first room in that row of suites and the view was amazing. We had the pool and the ocean view. I highly recommend that room once they fix the showerhead holder [it kept falling off, the exhaust fan in the bathroom that stopped working and the light switch on one of the lamps, also the makeup mirror was falling off the wall]. All these issues started happening towards the end of our stay. The shower water pressure was great. They do need more lighting by the sink, by the makeup mirror. Or get one of the makeup mirrors that light up.
We had an issue with maid service. They were no show several times even when we would call to let them know that we were leaving the room and that they could come and clean the room. I didn’t like that they would blame us for having the do not disturb sign on our door when we didn’t.
The food was great a times and the just good at times. The two restaurants were open-air restaurant, which were really nice, BUT the mosquitos were out of control. They had a feast with us. They bit us all over even on our faces. That part was horrible. We eventually found out we could eat in Polo [a small lounge restaurant that had some air conditioning]. They would bring us the food from the open-air restaurant. I thought that was so nice of them. That involved going up and down several step, several times, and they did it with pleasure.
Room service was very good. We ordered on an electronic pad and they food would arrive hot. They would also arrive with a table cloth to set up for our meal.
The pool was amazing. The service at the pool was great for a while then just all right afterwards. One of the servers, Patrice, did give us the best service ever when she was working in our area. The rest of the workers started out well then changed and we would hardly see them around. However you could hear them talking and laughing among themselves forgetting about serving the guests. The workers, while not rude, and while nice, still need more training on customer service.
The resort grounds in some areas needed to be swept up. I am used to the grounds being kept immaculately clean in luxury resorts. They definitely need to work on that area. [I'm talking about the walking area toward the spa and Jerkly Joes.]
Their gym was tiny but they had one.
The spa was nice nothing like the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita in Mexico. The masseuse was just OK. The bathroom was super tiny. I’m not that big and I could hardly fit. But it was clean.
Our butler Miguel was nice and did respond to our calls, which were very few.
Bottom line we did enjoy our stay however once was enough for us. Again, the resort is beautiful the ocean view amazing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank SistahE
Reviewed 7 June 2017

As soon as you enter the lobby you realize you are in a special place. The furnishings are exquisite and the artwork is interesting too. I was lucky to be able to spend the day here this past Sunday and I didn't want to leave. The service was amazing and the place is so inviting. It's not a large property and they've made use of it in very special ways. A cute jerk hut called Jerkey Joe's that reminds of the little places along the road that I saw 30 years ago in Jamaica.The jerk was very good too!!! The spa building is well paced and has a fountain, 2 pools and wonderful plantings. The beach is narrow, but perfect to lie along the water and enjoy the beautiful view. The pool area is very nice with amazing service. The restaurant, Canoe, is built in a clapboard style and feels very Caribbean. The menu had many options and I had trouble choosing. I ordered the Shrimp panini which was very good! Again, the restaurant staff excelled and was attentive and professional. I didn't spend the night, but I will be back to do so. I didn't want to leave!! I recommend this property for people who are looking for a place to get away from it all and people who appreciate amazing service!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lvtotravel05
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I had the best time at this hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive. The butler service was incredible. I had the pleasure of working with Fabian, who ensured all of my needs were met. I visited the spa twice for a full body scrub and yogurt wrap along with a hot stone massage. This was a wonderful hotel. The food was great and very well prepared. I had the pleasure of enjoying a private chef's tasting hosted by chef Lambie. The rooms are great and comfortable. I booked a junior suite and it looks exactly as indicated on the hotel images. I was travelling alone to get a bit of rest and relaxation from my busy city life and to celebrate my birthday. I was treated incredibly well by the hotel staff from the moment I arrived until the moment I left. I spent my days lounging by the pool and soaking up the sun whilst taking in the beautiful ocean views. The property is well maintained and manicured. It feels like an oasis. If you're looking for a lively party location this isn't it. The most activity is the entertainment during dinner which are live musical performances, which are really mellow and classy. I had the best time and really enjoyed how calm and chill everything was. They also don't skimp on service of drinks or quality of food and you get your monies worth for an all-inclusive. The only thing I think could be slightly better is the wifi access at the pool and restaurant area.

Room Tip: Main building the rooms have incredibly high ceilings and are bright and airy. Ocean views are slightly blocked by adjacent buildings.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
9  Thank njcreary
Reviewed 1 June 2017

A very peaceful place. It is small and NOT lively - no music at the pool - just what we were looking for. Restaurants are good; service everywhere excellent and friendly. Spa also excellent. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We hated to leave and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
8  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This place is truly amazing. It's a 49 room boutique hotel that makes service it's top priority. It is on the smaller side but so relaxed and laid back. They have one pool area and the beach is rather small but they have incredible food and top shelf liquor. The rooms are very nice and incredibly comfortable beds. The staff is amazing and always willing to help with whatever you could need. I haven't written a review before on a hotel but felt compelled as this is simply the best stay i have ever had.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple