All reviews rooftop bar foam party techno music house music xhale club room service altitude bar secrets beach bare buns jacuzzi on the balcony secrets restaurants hear reggae grand opening butler service party atmosphere glass shower fashion show
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First of all the resort Breathless is somewhat new. I purchased the Xlclub ocean view room, the room is beautiful on the inside. It's a very up to date room with a iPad that controls everything in there . The xlclub comes with a lot more amenities as the other rooms, but once my group got there they upgraded 5 of my group rooms to the xlclub and they did not pay the extra almost $500 like me. They refused to refund my money back and I was very upset because I could have gotten a regular room and got the upgrade once I got there. The extra money I paid I still didn't get all the extra amenities I was suppose to get. The resort is an all inclusive resort and they ran out of food and liquor and if you are with a large group they can not accommodate the group. They had to go to Secrets next door to get food and liquor. Shawn who is an assistant manager offered us 50% off of something in the spa, but only 7 people of 23 people did not do the spa. He was not concerned about us spending the extra money for the xlclub and stated what every we do it would not stick and it's was nobody over him that we could have spoken to. Our first night the air did not work, nothing was done to accommodate us for that, second night the same thing. The only excuse is the air goes by motion but the other family member air was fine but 1 other room. The water in the shower that is very gorgeous did not drain, the next morning the water was still there.
I had two butlers that's was included in the xlclub which was Leon Clarke and Devion Mcken that was wonderful. They did everything in their power to make the rest of my trip wonderful. Michael was another butler that made sure the rest of our trip was wonderful. Leon, Michael and Devion made sure that my family was able to eat dinner together and we had a different menu from the rest of the resort. They asked what we wanted to eat and that's what we had. They asked us the time we wanted to eat and it happened. Ryan the waitress was also wonderful in helping with us eating dinner together and Jodi K the bartender in the lobby was wonderful also. She made sure the liquor we drunk was there and she made the best shots ever for the females. She made sure when our glasses got low she came where we was at to see if we need more to drink. Dalbert Gray was the roof top bartender and he was wonderful also, he keep the drinks coming also and he went to find liquor that we wanted when it ran out.
The resort need to fix all the little kinks before the grand opening next month and if you book the xlclub check their website cause they giving all the rooms the same amenities as the xlclub so don't pay that extra money for the xlclub
Some of the workers do need some customer service skills because they are rude and do not greet you at the front desk. Latoya is one that is rude and really acts like she didn't want to be there at work.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Strawberri S
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We where staying at Secret St James and where able to visit the Breathless that is connected to the resort .This resort is brand new and is off the hook we toured the room which are beautiful and all state of the art . The pools are beautiful you must goto the preferred pool on the top of the building and the view will take your breath away the food is excellent and the pool area is off the hook a real party place we had a great time and will return to this property I give it a 10 Excellent

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank rettis
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

As other reviews mentioned a couple of staff members need training. In our case, the front desk lady who handle transfers to the airport Nadian Brissette could not be more rude and dismissive towards me and my wife.

We were schedule to be picked up at 10:15am and we arrive to the lobby at 10:14 to check out, by 10:17 we were walking outside to look for the shuttle. We were approached by a man who said the shuttle had just left and we needed to see nadian. She annoyedly explained that the bus was there since 10:09 and could not wait one minute pass 10:15; that we could not be place on the next shuttle bus leaving at 11:15 and no refund since is your fault.. you can take a taxi outside. Two minutes really.

I tried to complain at the check in desk but they just told me there is nothing they could do..

We had paid and arraigned transportation to the airport but we had to find and pay taxi because her careless attitude.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ernesto B
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This hotel is fabulous. Everything is brand new. The rooms are spectacular - ipad to control the curtains, lights, temperature, order room service, etc. Jacuzzi on the balcony, view of the pools. Its not big which is a plus for me. There are swim up rooms you can upgrade but we chose not to. The regular rooms are spectacular enough.
There is no beach on this resort, you have to walk over to Secrets to go to the beach. The walk is not far, just over the bridge.
They played techno music, but they also mixed it up a bit so I didn't have any issues with the music. They had foam parties in the action pool, and there was also a quieter pool which was nice.
There was a bbq cart going around with jerk chicken everyday which was nice.
The food at the resort was good, didn't like the indian food much in the club lounge on the top floor. That club lounge was nice though, had a small infinity pool, loungers, bar and restaurant - the view of the bay and mountains was amazing!
The club was nice, had some decent music - was on the secrets side though.
Secrets had more activities and was bigger. The beach snack bar at secrets was really nice - oh how I miss those beef patties, chicken patties, and veggie patties.
The water is nice on the beach (not as good as varadero), but still nice.
I would definitely be back to Breathless resorts - just leave the kids at home as this is adults only (maybe thats why it was more peaceful ;))

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank abbasrealtor
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed at Breathless for my birthday celebration. Some folks made my day extra special, and I want to commend the ladies at Barebuns Restaurant for going above and beyond. Andra, Kimilyn and Ashely we are amazing, thank you. Also, Anthony from the beach towel hut was excellent and very courteous. A few other shout outs for staff members who were always making us feel welcome: Jason (Lifeguard), Andrew (Foam Party/Swim up bar Bartender), Daemeon (Bell hop), Christine (Buffet hostess), and Kadian (our turn-down attendant). These folks get an A+ for service, courtesy and friendliness.

While the grounds and cleanliness of hotel was excellent, the beach area was too rocky for our liking. Also, there are some staff members that can use some training in customer service and room service was extremely slow. At times, they needed to come back to the room with missing items.

Overall, we had a good time and made the best of it. However, not sure we'll be visiting again any time soon.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MRKS2012