“Jewels Runaway Bay Resort”

Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #46 of 139 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2015

Is an All-Inclusive Jamaican beach resort located in Runaway, Jamaica very close to St. Ann and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. From the Montego Bay Airport it takes about an hour to get to the resort. The resort offers multiple dining options, unlimited premium drinks from 4 different bars (the Jamaican Smile became everyone’s favorite drink), daily activities and entertainment and much more. It’s family friendly with daycare and activities for children. I noticed that there were many weddings taking place at this resort. We were able to do many things outside the resort like visit: 9Miles village in Saint Ann Parish which is Bob Marley’s place of birth and place where he was later buried; Shopping at Ocho Rios a former fishing village, now a cruise ship harbor where the 1st James Bond movie was filmed; Margaritaville nightclub, Columbus Park, the Dolphin Cove and Dunn’s River Falls are also not far from the resort. One big factor, the price was reasonable. Although I had a great time, my experience was different from my friends. The staffs were friendly towards me, room services were on point and I experienced no problems except for flies at the buffet and the mosquitos that were eating up my friends (brought Skin so Soft therefore the mosquitos didn’t bother).

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Linhelle H

Reviewed 21 September 2015

My wife and I are newlyweds still after 5 years and enjoy adventure and some quiet time. Breezes offers both.

Service was great. All inclusive dining was great. The beach was clean with white sands and blue calm waters. Activities were available - Swimming with the dolphins, town tours, snorkeling, hiking the waterfalls, etc. Hard to be bored in a place like this! Coming back soon.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Liked the staff, disliked the mosquito infestation. But the problem was corrected daily. Very accommodating staff. Cannot wait to return.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 11 May 2014

it such a shame that this venue has become child friendly, we were so lucking forward to coming back for our 5th occasion and our 10th wedding anniversary. we were married here on our 2nd visit and it was a place perfect for couples!
you' were always remembered by the staff, which in my view is a testament to the qualities and standards offered.
Love the Island love the people but so disappointed in the change.
now have to look for another adult only venue...we don't want to travel this far, spend this money to be bothered with children's toys and all the screaming that accompanies them..
Breezes had guests returning for more the 10 years in a row.... why spoil a good thing...

Date of visit: June 2013
10  Thank stjohn b
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was good, the food was good. The place is ideal for conferences workshops meetings etc. The rooms were nice and the beds comfortable... at least mine was...

Date of visit: April 2014