“wedding memories that will last a life time”
Review of Day-O Plantation

Day-O Plantation
Ranked #54 of 130 Restaurants in Montego Bay
Price range: US$1 - US$100
Cuisines: Israeli
Good for: Romantic
Description: A beautiful setting for your dining, wedding and event pleasure. We specialize in making the most of your visit. Our motto is that there is no request too large.
Reviewed 28 January 2017

We had our wedding reception at Day-O, the night was wonderful, Jenifer could not do enough for us, the food was local and as good as any of the best restaurant, the music was entertaining, and the night went off without the slightest of hitches, wonderful place - would high recommend

1  Thank PaulParamount

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

What can I say, jennifer provided 5* service for our wedding dinner, surpassed all expectations! The restaurant looked amazing! Food was delicious! I even made mistake on booking reception dinner, I booked wrong day but jennifer fixed all problems and made the reception special! Can also recommend the fire/ limbo dancers! Thankyou so much jennifer! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

1  Thank Emma W
Securelysocially, Manager at Day-O Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

We are pleased to see your response and are very happy with the reception. The staff at DayOPlantation strive to make everything special for you and your party. Jennifer will go out of her way to make everything as special as possible for your party. Thank you for making it DayOPlantation and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

I am still saying wow!!!!!, to a well planned 90th birthday party for our Mom. Jennifer Hurlock had assisted me in planning this event while I was still in New Jersey,and when we got to the restaurant everything was just as she had explained. She is the best and I truly meant that. Her staffs were courteous, customer service friendly, the food was delicious and tastefull, not one complain from the 65 guest who attended. I would without hesitation recommend this venue. I also like the location of Day O Plantation, secluded and private. My sister is now planning to host her wedding there. I would definetly use this venue in the future for any party occasion that I will be planning in Jamaica. Thanks again Mrs. Hurlock, you make my Mom 90th birthday memorable..

2  Thank TBeliever
Securelysocially, Manager at Day-O Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

It was a pleasure serving you and your family. You were a pleasure to work with and we thank you very much for visiting us. We look forward to seeing you again for the wedding and hope you continue to seek us out for any future offering.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

I had my wedding at Day O last month. I found the venue through "word of mouth" by a local resident of Montego Bay. They were very confident that Day O Plantation was a great venue, and their past functions that they attended at Day O wouldn't have caused them to think otherwise. My fiance and I went to see the venue 9 months prior to our wedding to talk with Jennifer regarding what we wanted. We looked around the venue, and fell in love with how cozy and intimate the setting was. Secondly, we were very pleased with the quote that Jennifer(the owner) gave us in comparison that the quote that we received from 4 Resorts on the island. Jennifer's quote was at least 1/2 less than competitors. We communicated with Jennifer monthly, for 9 months via email and phone. I must say that Jennifer is very effective in email communications. Jennifer met 98% of our needs and desires in the end. Though there were some technical difficulties with the sound equipment etc, we can still say that it was a great day. The property needs TLC in the near future, but not much to revive it to it's full potential. I would still have an event there in the future. The owners are wonderful people.

2  Thank Christian W
Securelysocially, Manager at Day-O Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2015

We are so pleased you had your wedding with us. We are regularly doing improvements to our guest area. We appreciate your feedback and we do our best to ensure all our guests are thrilled and want to come back and visit again. All our guests at Day O Plantation become family.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

I am writing this review to highly praise our wedding day that was held at Day 'O' Plantation Restaurant and Bar, Montego Bay Jamaica on Friday 3rd October 2014.

Firstly I would like to give special thanks and appreciation to the owners Jennifer and Paul Hurlock for hosting our wedding in such lovely surroundings. The first time we met Jennifer she gave us such a big welcome and I knew we chose the right venue.
Day 'O' Plantation is a very unique place set in its own ground and upon arrival and when you start walking through the grounds towards the entrance you feel like you have been transported to another place because of the ambiance that is created. Jennifer is very gifted in this area as a wedding planner, her attention to detail is what shines through as she is very much hands on and has a great team of workers to support her. Jennifer worked with us every step of the way in order for us to have the best wedding day ever.

My husband and I live in England and preferred not to have a hotel wedding; we wanted a venue that would be able to cater for everything we were looking for, a secluded traditional cultural venue serving Jamaican cuisine. Nothing was too much for Jennifer as she supported us to generate ideas to suit what we both wanted and even helped with obtaining the marriage licence, transport for the bridal party, hair salon, photographer, wedding cake, flowers, menu, decorations, PA system, etc.. The church minister and the M.C. was part of the package and were really great at making everyone feel relaxed by managing their individual part they had to conduct.

If you are looking for individuality this is the place for you!!! The venue is ideal with a garden and its own purpose built gazebo with tiled floor, that was decorated with flowers and coloured fabrics, same for the evening reception inside the restaurant, turned the atmosphere into something very special and personalised, the catering was superb, best tasting Jamaican food you could want and the staff were attentive, the out door pool outside surroundings were lit up by lights that transformed the setting into another oasis. Our guests have not stop praising our wedding day as they enjoyed the occasion so much including the exciting fire dancers and limbo entertainment.

Jennifer and Paul demonstrated their professionalism and creativity throughout and if you want something special I would definitely recommend Day 'O' Plantation as an ideal place to host your wedding to make it a special occasion.

We wish all the staff at Day 'O' Plantation all the very best for the future, DAY O FE REAL.

Many thanks again NUFF RESPECT

Mr & Mrs Sterling.

2  Thank C S
Securelysocially, Guest Relations Manager at Day-O Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Wow thank you for the very kind review. We were very pleased that you were able to celebrate your wedding with us. We do our very best all the time to ensure our guests are pleased. You were very easy to work with and a delight to have at Day O Plantation. We sincerely hope you come back and visit us again your next trip to Jamaica. We like to believe that all our guests appreciate the effort we go though to allow them to have their dream event and your review just goes to show that people do enjoy and appreciate our attention to detail. Thank you again and be sure to come back and visit us again soon.