14,982 results
All reviews royal service the reserve mole gabi beach jensy rijo juan cruz the grill santo polanco dinner reservations yhi spa swim up bar main lobby kids zone dominican republic time share personal butler destination wedding
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We have so enjoyed our 5-night stay at the Reserve at Paradisus. From Willie, who assigned our room and found a very suitable upgrade, to Raul, the attentive adventure center manager who taught us how to play bocce ball, to Luis Pena, my daily “deconstructed Niçoise salad” chef at the Hydra bar, to Frankeley who always serves with a smile, to Melanie who offers tours of the new facility without any pressure, amd Martin at Passion restaurant offering white-glove service with elegant style and superior food pairings. And then there’s Johrdan, our exceptional family concierge who reserves perfect cabanas, schedules an exceptional evening, anticipates and identifies his clients’ needs as they come.. the people of this resort MAKE the resort exceptional!

I have taken hundreds of pictures and have easily imported several more professional photos taken by the local photographers. I will never forget the trip!

Enjoy your vacation .. ask for what you need, bring more than you think you need sunscreen and bug spray. Bugs are not a problem til after sunset.

Lovely rooms, exceptional staff, excellent food, idealic grounds with small walk to the beach. Many included activities, several upgrades excursions.

Mexico (Rivera Playa) vs. Dominican? Dominican wins for fewer iguanas, fewer geckos, better sand, but perhaps more bugs (at night only) and more seaweed (seasonal.) Constant breeze keeps climate tolerable. No experience in town in either.. felt perfectly safe within resort on both.

Enjoy your travels!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Jillyn,

It is great to read how wonderful stay you had in our Beautiful Resort.Thanks for highlighting our attributes as we strive and are committed to serve our guest as they expect. If we exceed you expectation, we exceed ours.

I also need to thank you for highlighting the work of our associates, we strive and are committed to work hard to provide our guests a pleasant stay as they expect.

I invite you to repeat your experiences with us.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Had the Royal Service and was treated as such ! Environment was truly Paradise with Royal Service from Beginning to the End. No complaints here. Beautiful Garden View Room and still very close to the Beautiful Beache. Truly enjoyed every aspect from the nice staff who got to know us and even knew where we wanted to sit everyday for breakfast ! Everyone pleasant at all times and greeted us with Ola! all the time. Great butler service at the beach, always aiming to please! Great service at the Spa1 had a wonderful massage with Angela and Hair Care with Wendy. Loved Miguel, who followed up with us everyday and made all of our dinner reservations ! Loved Santos, our butler at the beach and made wonderful drinks with fruit! Maxima also!! Can't say enough about our wonderful vacation !!!! PS Our room was always clean and well stocked with wonderful towels, robe and slippers, etc. Also had turn down service with chocolates on the bed !!!

Room Tip: Garden View but Near the beach was Awesome!!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Cturn4024,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Thank you for have chosen us as your vacation destination, you will always be welcome at Paradisus Punta Cana. I am truly satisfied that you have enjoyed our services and facilities.

We would like to thank you for selecting Paradisus Punta Cana and for sharing your comment with us, to know that we actually exceeded your expectations fills us of joy and happiness since it’s our mission to make of your vacations a memorable experience, we feel gratified with your kind words and positive feedback regarding your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Stay sure that we will congratulate our Royal Service for their great service and special attention.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in our beautiful Paradisus Punta Cana in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Hotel personnel treat you like a star and they care for all guests equally not having any preference for some people for whichever reason.

We stayed at royal service room, i think it is worth it to upgrade to royal service if you like to have beach beds with umbrellas and service at the beach.

Butler service is awesome.

Rooms could be better but they are good enough.

Room Tip: Would be better if they only have 1 bed/mattress instead of 2 joined together.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear Adrian L,

Receive sunny greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This resort is beautiful and the landscape is well maintained. In comparison to other resorts we passed and saw through the excursions, this was by far one of the best looking ones I saw. The only reason I could not give it 5 stars but 2 were for two reasons.

Reason 1: The room itself was not as clean as I’d like. Stains on the sheets, stains on bath towels, pictures on the wall tipped over, and bathroom itself was not clean to my standards. And really to any hotel standard. If I can grab balls of hair out of the shower that is a no no. And secondly to this bathroom fiasco, it seemed that previous guests may have had some serious diarrhea because there was caked on splats on the side walls of the toilet. When speaking to the front desk they seemed perplexed and did not seem like they’d care to fix the issue. Thank goodness I was not living in the bathroom or the room so I was able to look past that.

Reason 2: I didn’t like that at check in they are offering a “royal service”. When booking my package, this was not presented to me at the time. Going to an all-inclusive I’m going with the mind set that it’s all taken care of and I don’t need to budget for additional expenses. By the way, for a five night stay for two people, the costs was $900 extra for this service. I would have preferred to have gotten this choice at check out.

However, even with this, if I were asked if I would stay at this resort again, I would. I am just going to probably spend the few extra bucks and stay at the Reserve or get the Royal service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 460rickt
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Receive a warm greeting from Punta Cana.
We regret very much that we did not impress you with some of our services. We assure you, that the managers of the various departments involved have been informed of you particular observations, and we are taking the appropriate measures wherever possible.

We appreciate the observations concerning the service, our rooms and the hotel activities; actually we are working in the points you mentioned, due our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests.

I would like to assure you that your recommendations were taken with our maximum interest, because it is the best way to identify the opportunities to improve our service.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My girlfriends and I were looking forward to a relaxing yet fun long weekend at the resort but left with some disappointments. The resort itself was beautiful. From the beach, to the pool, to the restaurants, it was all very well crafted. We loved the layout of the place. But from the moment we arrived I questioned the standards of the hotel and of Melia hotels and resorts. After we were greeted by a nice woman upon arriving to the resort I later found that she was on her cell phone texting. Later that day I saw another employee on snapchat. When the resort is listed as a "5 star resort" online you do not expect employees to be on their phones when you're trying to communicate with them. In addition, we often found that they would be speaking in their native language with each other in front of us when we were trying to have a conversation with them such as check in for a reservation or ask a question. They also did not have a sense of urgency when completing tasks. Just not professional and not how we wanted to feel as guests when we paid a lot of money and only had a short time there. Overall it was a good experience as we very much enjoyed the accommodations at the pool and the beach but I would only recommend the resort to those who speak Spanish well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank allyrung

Dear Allyrung,

We would like to thank you for selecting Paradisus Punta Cana, and for taking the time to let us know about your experience here with us.

We really appreciate the time you have dedicated to write this review. Your feedback is a serious matter and we are definitely looking into observations. You can rest assure that I will be working with my team any improvements needed to make sure we optimize our service.