All reviews nice pool catherine health global location
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I had a pleasure of staying with Catherine in her beautiful home in La Romana. She is a wonderful host and if very helpful and friendly. When I arrived I was greeted with fresh juice and fruits. House is very clean, spacious with nice pool and patio. Catherine is a very kind person who saves animals and has 5 dogs, 3 cats, many colorful birds in her back yard. All animals are very well behaved and friendly. I love animals so this was an added bonus to my trip. The house has a nice view of the water from the patio. I would highly recommend her place to anyone traveling by themselves or with family. Thank you for a wonderful experience. I look forward to coming back soon.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

It"s a very nice, family hotel. A very beautiful villa, very nice clean rooms and house. Free Wifi. Good food and breakfast with fresh fruits and juice. Very friendly hotel employees there are obliging too.
Terrace, first and second floor. Nice garden, with nice pool, hammock, lounger and with another seats.
The owner is very friendly, helpful and hospitable. I was in the hotel for stopover to go on the Aida Cruise. She helped me to organized taxi transfer to fair prices from Punta Cana airport to La Romana Chambres d' hotes, from La Romana to the harbour and my return transfer from La Romana to additional hotel to Punta Cana.
Recommended!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2016

The place is really a family house with several rooms to let. The hosts Catherine and Eduardo are extremely friendly, they make you feel at home. The rooms are impeccably clean and properly furnished.. The location is in a nice neighborhood of La Romana but you have to go out, with own car or Taxi either to a beach or to restaurants to night life. Excellent to spend a night or two, but not if you are looking for a resort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodolfo H
cathysuite, Propriétaire at Chambres d"hotes La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

TK's Rodolfo for yours kind words.
Effectively we are not an hotel, but a homeguests. It allows the guests to meet people who are really living in their house and to know a little of the reality of the country you are visiting.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

My friends and my family spent there 3 days. Home was very comfortable and clean, the host was very kind and friendly. Gave us her support in every need. We arrived late in the evening and she offered a great dish of fruit. Last but not the least from one of the terraces we could enjoy an amazing view.
We denitively recommend it and we will surely take it into consideration for next trip to La Romana.
Thanks Cathy for your kindness and professionality.

1  Thank gabrireffo
cathysuite, Propriétaire at Chambres d"hotes La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Hi Gabriellla,

Tk's a lot for your kind words, it was really a pleaser to meet you and your family, it gave us a lot to be able to receive you at our home.
This "work" is great that allows us to received people so kind like you.
A big hug for you.

Catherine

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Catherine and Eduardo were so lovely hosts to me! I didn't felt comfortable when I arrived in the Dominican Republic but around her place I felt secure and comfortable. I wanted to extend my stay but the rooms where already booked out so Catherine offered me a sofa which was very comfortable too!
They really cared for me to feel good, gave me tips, offered me cheap and safe rides with their car and helped me finding a bus to Punta Cana.
The breakfast was also very nice and was a mixture of local fruits and jams and a regular breakfast with egg, toast, ham and cheese.

They host people because they love to do so and one can feel that - I wouldn't even consider any other location to stay when I come back! 100% recommendation!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Marvin,
Tk's a lot Marvin, I was happy to meet you and be able to give you a nice and safe place. Young people needs to discover the country but in the same time to feel at ease, even if they travel with backpack.
I want young people having a great place to rest and be with us like a family who care for them.
I should be happy to see you again.
Warmly.