All reviews bachelor beach we've stayed studio accommodations airport kitchen bonaire diving
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place, well located for diving ( 5 min from airport and from the main south dive site). If you want downtown activities, you ll need your car ( 10 min driving ). The place was clean, not modern for sure, but functional, and not super expensive. Some appartements have great terrasse, some others are quite small, pick carefully. Air con is a supplement, but necessary! Be careful on availability also of availability of staff, as during the week end they are usually off. The owner is very nice and helpful!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Visited in February 2017 for what was supposed to be a two week stay. While I had not stayed at Coco Palm for 3 years, I had on multiple occasions previous to that. Way back then, things were tolerable - but only just - as other reviewers have pointed out. But it was funky, and reasonable, for Bonaire.

Well what a surprise this year! Bug infested room (over 80 bites in one night). ("We will spray the room beforehand if guests request it") No A/C which I had requested. Once that was switched on, the controller batteries were dead. Sewage smells from somewhere. Crazy annoying little things - no light bulb in the fridge, the toilet paper finding it way onto the damp floor due to a faulty holder, filthy old toilet, mould in the shower stall, worn bedding and towels, shoddy appliances and kitchenware.

But worse was my greeting by the owners: My 'Welcome Note' advising that the lady delivering my rental car would be arriving at 7 PM (office closed Sundays) was not in a conspicuous location, thus unread. When I visited the Coco office on Monday AM, looking forward to a warm welcome as a repeat customer, I was so rudely treated by one of the owners I think I was actually in shock! I was told I had not advised them of my arriving flight details - which was obviously not true as their 'driver' had picked me up at the airport. They happily took my money though. The rental car woman was fabulous about the whole misunderstanding.

I was so appalled I moved out after two nights. As they would not return any portion of my two week rental, I kept the key - only to find they had let others use the room!

One part of me feels badly for the owners. But I feel worse for myself.
Don't stay there unless you like bugs, bad bedding and verbal abuse.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Coolcello
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed for nearly 3 months at 3 different places within this apt complex. All had fairly well equipped kitchens and were very clean accommodations. The positives greatly out-weigh the negatives here. The area of Belnem, where the apts were, is a quiet, residential area, just south of the airport. We were a couple blocks from Bachelor Beach, which made it easy to cool down whenever you wanted. We chose to use the fans for cooling, but a/c is an option at a higher cost. Cost-wise, you cannot do better on this island for what you get. Yes, you can rent a fancy condo for 2-3x the price/night, but we chose to live modestly and spend our money elsewhere on vehicle rental or meals out. Loved the gardens. We found the owners very easy to work with, knowledgeable about the island and willing to do what it takes to make our stay pleasant. We stayed in Trupial, a studio for two of the months, Warawara, a one bedroom for two weeks, and in the four bedroom house, BonHome for two weeks. If you have any questions regarding any of these places, you can email me. We stayed from mid-Feb through mid-May, 2017. I don't think we would stay anywhere else unless it was short term and felt we did not need a kitchen.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

... and next time will consider staying at the newly opened Courtyard, which is priced comparably.

While the owners / operators are very kind people, there are several concerns:

- Towels are only changed out once during the week.
- Mattress / pillows are uncomfortable.
- No blankets.
- Coffee maker is barely functional.
- Multiple light fixtures were out.
- We were asked to check out early (at 9 AM) so that the room could be cleaned for the next customer -- who would not be arriving until at least 3 PM.
- WIFI was spotty.

Nice owners cannot make up for all of these concerns.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2015

second time I have stayed here this year. The rental studio was clean, neat, simple, equiped for self catering, in a lovely garden set in a quiet neighborhood close to the beaches, airport and town. Excellent value. Marion and Brigette very cordial hosts,

Stayed: November 2015