All reviews deep blue view other guests place to stay comfy hammocks klein bonaire bed and breakfast dive sites breakfast served yogurt personal attention laid back a wonderful stay excellent hosts beautiful pool minute drive each morning nice breeze
Reviewed 13 September 2018

This is our 11th trip to Bonaire and we have always stayed at this resort when it was The Deep Blue View. Our last trip though was in 2011. Now the new owners have done a terrific upgrade of the resort and maintained the relaxing and laid back atmosphere for which it was famous. The rooms were kept spotless and the seating/relaxing area were very well maintained. The breakfasts. the ambience and the care offered by the owners was second to none. As there are only 5 rooms, guests have the full use of the kitchen, refrigerator and a gas BBQ to prepare and cook their own food if they wish. Fresh clean towels are provided daily. The pool with attached spa is excellent and has been recently updated.

I would recommend the Goood Resort for any discerning traveller to Bonaire who would be looking for a top quality, relaxing and comfortable stay. Thanks again.

Room tip: All rooms are of an equal standard with one room having a bit more space at a slightly higher price.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Truly enjoyed my stay at Goood Resort and am planning to stay again. The hosts were very sweet and helpful making the stay excellent. A great location of the property from which you have an amazing view onto the southern part of the island and can easily visit the whole island. You definitely need a car, but other than that, can only recommend this place and island

Room tip: any room is great as the whole neighbourhood is lovely and quiet.
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Mindy and Rody are excellent hosts. They have the wonderful gift of hospitality and warmth, making guests feel as though they’re staying with family.

Our room and bathroom were clean, and we delighted in the wonderful “origami” swans created from our beach towels set upon the bed.

We had a wonderful visit and contribute this to the eagerness of our hosts to show us a great time. We carry warm memories of Mindy and Rody - they’re very special people.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank toonybrain
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

As an avid scuba diver, Bonaire has been on my list for a while. While researching a place to stay, I was lucky enough to find Goood Resort, a 6 room Boutique Hotel perched on a hill on a naturally beautiful property with a beautiful pool.

The owners, Mindy & Rody, were amazing. I was picked up from the airport by Mindy with my name on a cute sign (nice touch)! When we arrived back at the hotel they spent some time together giving me tips for the island and reviewing the map. They also arranged a very nice & inexpensive scooter rental which was delivered right to the hotel. (Later in my trip when I wiped out on the scooter, they came late at night to my rescue and drove both myself and the scooter home!) They also arranged a wonderful valet dive service for me (Flamingo Divers) and connected with them the morning of my arrival to make sure I had everything I needed.

Goood Hotel is a few minutes drive outside of Kralendijk so I would recommend renting a scooter or car. There are no taxis on the island. The property itself is lush with native flowers and plants a very well kept garden and pool + jacuzzi, with many different semi- private areas to relax (see photos). The hammocks and the upper “observation deck” were my favorites. There is also a fridge and cabinets for guest food storage and you have full use of the kitchen and grill, they had everything I could ever need. Mindy does a very nice breakfast every morning (fruit, eggs, pastries, yogurt, juice etc) if you want to have that included in your package. There is also tea, coffee and cold water complimentary.

Regarding my room, it was perfect and just like the rest of the resort, it was kept incredibly clean. I had a nice big comfy bed, A/C in the room and a ceiling fan. Fresh flowers from their garden were a great touch. Fresh bath towels and beach towels were provided daily and the bathroom was clean and fixtures were well maintained. WiFi is fast and plentiful throughout the resort which I really appreciated.

As a diver it’s also nice to note that they have a little area outside with two large wash basins to rinse dive gear and lockers to store (and lock) dive gear each night.

I had a great time on Bonaire and it was largely because I chose Goood Resort for my stay. I will be recommending this place to anyone who travels to Bonaire. Thanks Mindy & Rody for an excellent experience!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank KLD711
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Our 8 night stay at Goood Resort was so good that we already booked for next year! Everything was wonderful! From the moment we arrived to the time we left. Goood Resort is a quiet, relaxing, intimate place to stay. The location was perfect in a nice neighborhood up from the main road. Nice breezes made it perfect for sleeping and never had to use the Air at night. It was a beautiful view with lovely sunsets. Only 10 minutes into the main part of town and easy to find (thanks to some great signage by Mindy). Our room was comfortable and clean with daily housekeeping service and nicely furnished. The main areas were very welcoming with plenty of options for sitting and relaxing outside our room. After a busy day of snorkeling or diving, we would rinse our gear and put it in the secure lockers near the secure parking lot. Then we'd head in to the shared refrigerator where we had our snacks and beverages to enjoy sitting outside and watching the birdlife, including flocks of green parrots and hummingbirds. Yes, the resort (more of a large guest house feel) was great but what made it even more special was the friendly, nice, professional hosts - Mindy and Rody. From the time Rody picked us up at the airport to the time he took us back, we felt like we were among hosts who really cared that we had a wonderful stay. Mindy arranged for our rental car through Back to Basic Bonaire and we started our vacation being taken care of. Mindy's breakfast was a great and healthy start to each day with tons of food (plenty for "2nd breakfast" after our morning adventure). She really took care that we were happy with our breakfast and we certainly were. Mindy and Rody helped us with restaurant suggestions and other non-diving adventures to explore. We also enjoyed the diversity of the other guests at Goood - out of 5 rooms, there were 4 countries represented and various ages of guests from 20's to 70's. All the guests were so nice to share the common space with. We couldn't think of one thing to change - that's why we are returning in 2019 and have already booked! We can't wait to return. Don't change a thing - it is perfect as is.

Date of stay: January 2018