Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Nice food, good service, lovely view.

Reviewed 11 May 2021
boerekampsj
Groot-Ammers, The Netherlands
via mobile
Amazing cocktails and views!

Ocean Oasis is by far one of my favorite resorts on the island. They have the best view on the... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
caitlinwS4306ZL
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bonaire
from US$98.08
from US$32.04
from US$54.49
from US$69.75
More Info
All reviews poke bowl beach beds fruit yogurt beautiful beach fish beachclub bonaire island snorkeling dutch salt
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

I live on the island and love eating here, sometimes getting breakfast, lunch, and dinner multiple times per week.

Beautiful spot and nice menu, but you have to work hard to get someone's attention to bring you a menu, drink, or food. If you're hungry, it's best to sit at the bar so you can get the bartender to put in your food order. Otherwise, you will likely have to chase someone down, literally.

Sometimes I get fantastic service, but only when the restaurant is not as busy.

I am sad to leave this review because I know that the staff who shows up is very caring, but it seems to me that management has not hired/scheduled enough staff during peak times or provided adequate training to maintain a consistent level of service.

I was forgotten for 2+ hours after being served an appetizer, then told that no one ever put in the rest of my order. No one asked if I wanted any more food or drinks for 70+ minutes after I finished my appetizer. (I could have easily spent $100 during that time.) And even after they realized they forgot to put in my order, they didn't apologize or offer anything to nibble on or drink while I waited another 40+ minutes for my second course. I ran up to the server and asked for a to-go box when I spotted my main course being walked around the restaurant because the server did not know where to bring it. I went to the counter to pay and someone did apologize and say they will let management know. Too late.

Also, note that new rules are being applied as of June 1, for example, no more dogs are allowed, and no laptops are allowed inside.

Understandable that they want to have a more leisurely environment since it's a beach club after all, but don't count on coming here for your breakfast meetings or afternoon tea breaks if you need to use your laptop inside. (Supposedly you can still use your digital devices while on the sunbed or upstairs, but those are the parts of the beach club where it is super hard to get food or drinks served in a timely manner.)

I can't help but feel that local business is no longer welcome now that more tourists are back, even if we are high-spending regulars. Sob sob :(

Date of experience: June 2021
oceanoasisbonaire, General Manager at Ocean Oasis Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear Shark, thank you for your review. However we find the tittle of your review not only inaccurate but also malicious.

I will start by describing to you why we took to decision to stop our furry friends coming over to Ocean Oasis. First of all we love dogs but every now and then we have very aggressive dogs and some of our guests feel threatened by them. Moreover, we also have small children visiting our beach club and it can be a danger to them if they attacked by one of them. Ocean Oasis will be liable when an accident occur and we cant really afford to take those kind of risks. Other times we also have complaints for customers in our beach that stepped on dog feces because the dog's owners did not clean after them. Therefore our decision is based on safety and hygiene for our customers rather than lack of love for dogs.

Saying that locals are no longer welcome is a malicious comment because I lived here 25 years and we also encourage our staff to serve everyone equally. The reason we dont allow people to have use their laptops in our restaurant it has nothing to do with tourist being back on the island. We made that decision before lockdown since our restaurant was becoming an starbucks due to our internet speed. We were struggling to have our guest having lunch in our restaurant because there was no space for them, most of our tables were being used by people working on their laptops, watching football games with the speakers on or just gaming, which it was an issue and solve it by creating office space when people can do their own thing upstairs. we strive to serve lunch or dinner while people are joining us for that experience when people coming to use our internet the designated place is upstairs and that's whether you are a local or a tourist. Every establishment have their own rules in order to stick to their concept and provide their costumers with an experience.

We are currently working on getting the right staff for our beach club, which is no easy task because its a small island. I would like to apologize for the bad experience you had on your last visit. Could you be so kind to provide us with the date of your visit so we can trace and correct.

My name is John Ceballos, i am the general manager here and i would like to invite you to come over for a drink or a bite to eat. looking forward to hear from you

Sunny regards

Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

The location is top and the ambiance is great. The food is good and the cocktails couldn't be better. The staff is friendly but.. the service is very very slow. That's a point they have to improve in my view.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

We had dinner twice and lunch once in this trendy beach club. The food is okay and sometimes even fabulous (the fresh seared tuna was sensational) and the service is good. The only drawback is the reception, where they managed to give us the impression that our reservation had gone wrong all the three of our visits. But once you’re on the right table, it’s a very nice place to be.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Reserved a week beforehand for the lounge. When we arrived there were almost zero to none people there. Even though we reserved for 6 people they wanted to place us behind the restaurant, far away from the sea and the real lounge. After some discussion we were allowed to sit at the empty lounge, even though they insisted there was no ‘place’. After 4 hours and ordering all the cocktails on the menu, even having dinner for 6 people we were requested (read forced by making use of some very rude behavior) to leave our table. A new table was assembled with 6 random chairs next to a bin and some trees. All for the fact another group of 5 people that had just arrived all had their own bench and 2 tables, while in the end half wasn’t used.

The manager had no compassion whatsoever even though we spend a lot of money here.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 31 January 2021

Waited for more than 15 minutes and no one was helping us. A lot of cheap trainees are working there with no experience with a real Dutch additude. We were the only local guests at that moment and totally ignored. When my partner asked one of the staff if he could help us, he told us it was not his working area?! Really? I told him that no one was helping us or asking us if we want to order we were just sitting there like we were invisible for more than 15 minutes. He appologised and as he offered us the menu he told us that we couldn't eat anything because the kitchen had problems. So like stupid people we were sitting there for 15 minutes and no one of the staff took their time to inform us about the kitchen????!?? And this was not the first bad experience at this overrated place! Go to another place if you visit our beautiful island, support the local places where they not discriminate and not have an additude

Date of experience: January 2021