US$129
  • Pool
GOOOD Resort(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
Harbour Village Beach Club(Kralendijk)
US$301
US$286
Hotels.com
Sand Dollar Condominiums(Kralendijk)(Great Value!)
US$150
Expedia
Coral Paradise Resort(Kralendijk)
US$189
US$179
Expedia
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbuddy divedrive thruthe pool bar restaurantphoto centerthe friday night bbqthe reefsair stationfree nitroxgreat divingpickup truckone bedroom apartmentgrand caymanmanual transmissionlion fishbreakfast buffet isliving areaklein bonaire
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Second visit to this resort. Easy access to house reef. Drive through tank refill is great. Dive boat manager very good and friendly.

Problem is they don’t put money into the place for maintenance . Beach chairs torn, our AC didn’t work, pool concrete chipped, registration office in shambles,

The boat starter started smoking and we were stuck without power and didn’t get our second dive in. (Boat manager did give us a free night dive though )

No fire extinguisher or life jackets aboard the boat. Boat engine compartment was smoking, we were very concerned. Another diver over heard the staff before we left stating that the motor oil pressure was high and questioned if the boat should go out.

So they knew there was a problem but sent the boat out anyway.

They laughed when I asked were the life jackets were, they said use your BCD. Well that’s fine but non divers are out of luck if we had to abandon the boat.

Most of the dive masters were great, one was rude however. More or less scolded us because we did not arrive 10 mins early to the boat.Diving he was also rude, I accidentally hit coral with my fins. He pointed at me, then pointed one finger at his head and pointed a finger up. I guess meaning one warning.

Restaurant staff very lazy. Next to impossible to get a drink or to take your food order. They spend more time talking to each other than serving quests. Very frustrating.

Two nice servers though that went out of there way to give good service. We had a party of 12 Friday night,I can’t remember her name, had the best service of the trip. She was very attentive, smiled, took great care of us. (Manta Divers). The other great server was Conchita.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I do need to say that I only dive with Buddy Dive and occasionally eat breakfast there at Ingridients and lunch at Blennies--I do not stay there. That being said, they are a first class operation. I have done approximately 25 dives with them, some on boats and some on their house reef--all are professionally run, and fun. Their instructors and divemasters know their stuff. I took the nitrox checkout as well as the one day lionfish hunter course with them and Kimberly did a great job. Very good instructor, funny, and professional. She even gave up her day off to teach us the lionfish hunter course. I also need to mention Guillermo--one of their captains/divemasters. He took me lionfish hunting one afternoon last week where we had a bit of an encounter, which he handled like a complete pro. In a nutshell, he spotted some lionfish for me, and in going after one, I was given a stern warning by a monster-sized green moray. Nobody could have seen it as it was well hidden behind the lionfish in the hole, but he got my arm through my wetsuit a bit as well as gave me a good scare 2 inches from my face. Guillermo was probably as shocked as I was, but was a total pro--checked me over to make sure I was OK, and had a good laugh about it back in the boat. All of the folks there are great--Guillermo even showed us how to clean a lionfish and the cooks there put it on the menu for dinner. So anyway, Buddy dive gets 5 stars this trip! Kimberly and Guillermo get 6 stars. The only small knock I have on the place has nothing to do with them--a few of their guests I notice year to year can be a bit arrogant and a little rude. Most are wonderful people and go back year after year, but there are a couple of Americans it seems every year that are a little too much. All in all, Buddy Dive is a great operation! Highly recommended for their diving, classes and the staff! If you ever hear my name mentioned on one of Guillermo's dive briefings, I can tell you the story is TRUE!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Al C
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Buddy Dive resort is simply my type of place, very relaxed, excellent lay out and unbelievably efficient at getting the boring holiday things right like check in, check out, truck pick up, tank pick up, etc.

All the stuff that we know we need to do but that shouldn't be eating into our holiday time - here it simply happens around you.

Even the billing across diving, two restaurants and car hire for 10 days was EXACTLY right... that;s a first for us.

Staff are excellent regardless of whether you're dealing with front desk, bar, restaurant, housekeeping, dive center or even maintenance crews that tend to the gardens.

The place is immaculately clean but still has that 'dive' feel of everyone being a little scruffy... drying kit adorns every balcony!

The house reef is a really pleasant dive - we actually did it four times and the Omelet Lady (official title - she has a badge and everything) really knows her eggs!

Room Tip: Ground floor for lugging kit!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhilBKent
Reviewed 22 April 2018

This was our 4th time we've stayed at buddy dive and it's as good as ever....4 of us in a 2 bedroom condo....it's not over the top with unnecessary things....you have comforts that you need...kitchen..ac....etc....

We have looked at other places..but always choose to come back here due to how nice everyone is...they work with you...they are constantly improving the business and grounds...for example...just put pavers down on the roadway and north parking lot...looks great....

Food is decent and the ease of diving can't be beat...for the price and what you get..
Awesome..will return again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Let me start by saying that this trip was AWESOME! We were met at the airport and transfer was flawless both to and from the resort. Once at the resort, everyone there was friendly and very helpful. Our 3 bedroom "apartment" was very nice, spacious, clean and had a great view not to mention a full bathroom in each room. We had an air conditioner fail our second night there and they had a new one installed and running by the time we returned from our days diving; "Cudos" to the maintenance crew!! The dive shop was very helpful and has a pretty decent selection of equipment both rental and new. Safety and security were never an issue and your expensive gear could be left out unattended for long periods of time and nothing ever was tampered with. Both the staff and the vacationers were very respectful of everyone and everything! The diving is beautiful as was my first wreck dive, the Hilma Hooker. Very worthwhile even though I'm a reefer and have little interest in wrecks; I would do it again! The diving can be as regimented or as leisurely as you want it to be. There is nobody hounding you early in the a.m. to hurry up and get your gear or rushing you in or out of the water. The unlimited supply of air and nitrox with the drive through help yourself to fresh tanks was splendid. I always had fresh tanks and never had to worry about beating the next "guy" to get fresh fills! Diving from the shore in most cases was relatively easy; though the 1000 Steps sight on a hot day could have used an escalator...lol..., but was definitely worth the trek!! The 2 restaurants at Buddy's are clean and reasonably priced, and the Friday night BBQ is well worth booking in advance. The 2 pools were refreshingly clean and had plenty of areas to sit in the shade or pull up a "pillar" at the swim up bar. Buddy dive is geared toward the diver!! Though children were there and there is a play area for younger children, the resort is definitely geared toward divers and snorkelers. That being said, everyone we met was friendly and all were having a GREAT time. I honestly did not hear any one complaining, except when we all had to leave for home. There are some sights on the island well worth seeing, especially the National Park on the North side of the island. Again, there are sights to see and some night life in the "city" but water sports are the primary attractions. Drinking local water was not recommended as is most water in foreign countries, but we had no issues drinking the water or using ice cubes! Lastly, the water is PRISTINE! The reefs were beautiful and at Buddy's they have a coral restoration project going that is very valiant and appreciative. We dove at least 11 different off shore dive sights and each one had a slightly different sea scape not to mention a large variety of marine life. The "house" reef was very beautiful and well worth diving, even the night diving was spectacular. There is no real gift shop at the resort excluding the dive shop, so be prepared to go into the city center to spend those hard earned dollars. Yes, dollars are the primary currency as is your typical credit card. Transportation on the island varied from rental pick up trucks, bicycles, scooters and even Harley's! We did not use the bus or taxi service as we wanted to explore the island at our own pace. Speaking of pace, you are in the Caribbean, everything is SLOW. Get used to it and go with the flow, just relax and enjoy the island life and the wonderful waters of the island of Bonaire and do your relaxing at Buddy Dive Resort for that extra touch of relaxation and adventure. We will be back!!

Room Tip: If you are a diver with a lot of gear or don't want to lug your gear up and down stairs, I would request/book a ground floor room/apartment.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family