1,244 results
All reviews chibi chibi dive operation pure ocean serge runs calabas reef time share breakfast buffet great dive dive staff afternoon dive deluxe room fish beach bar ocean front screened in porch close to town dive pier
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was there for business but the friendlyness of the local staff just makes it feel like vacation. They have everything on site. Good food, happy hours, leisure and pampering so you cant go wrong. And depending on the room you might even have a sunset every evening to look at. The property is walking distance from the town centre for shopping and good dining.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank commandantbrwaruba
generalmanager398, General Manager at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind review of Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino! We are delighted to read that our staff made your business trip feel like a vacation! And that you have enjoyed our food, happy hours and pampering. We hope to welcome you back very soon! Sincerely, Celine

Reviewed 11 November 2018

We enjoyed being on Bonair a lot and the Divi Flamingo location was perfect. Being walking distance to town and the amenities was especially nice. The resort amenities and walk out diving nd snorkeling was exceptional. The resort needs some updating to the rooms and maintenance.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank Trail605719

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and amenities of our resort and that you decided to go beyond your home resort network and made the exchange with our resort. Our entire staff is very appreciative that you took the time to share your comments with us, so thanks again! Sincerely, Celine

Reviewed 8 November 2018

My husband and I have stayed three times at Divi in Bonaire. I love the location of the resort to the town and the ease of the dive operations. The lockers and dock are well shaded and have all the tanks and equipment like nitrox analyzers and weights easily accessible. I always feel very welcomed by the dive shop and the rest of the resort staff. We have dived with Orlando and Enrique on all three trips. They are great guides and have good senses of humor. The benefit of Divi and Bonaire boat diving is the stress-free aspect of it. This was specifically the reason we chose Divi Bonaire on our second trip here. We had had a tough year and just wanted to get away for a relaxing and invigorating trip, all at the same time. The aspects of most of the dives are fairly shallow as diving goes. So - on this last trip I had at least 15 dives that were longer than 50 minutes, most over an hour. The divemasters pointed out rays, sea horses, etc. The divemasters were very helpful getting people out of the water and securing equipment.
The other people we dove with were also very friendly. We dove with a group from Colorado and with independent people as well. Two of the independent people were also diving with us on our second trip. That tells you something about how loyal the Divi Clients are. I am sure this couple has been to Divi 10 times and stay for 2 weeks at a time, usually. The second independent couple who dove with us have been here several times before and actually came to dinner with our Colorado group at Sebastian's one night. I point this out to show how friendly and relaxed divers you can find at Divi, whether you dive with a group or independently.

We have stayed both in the hotel rooms and the time share rooms. The resort has been established for more years than I have been alive. So yes, some of the details of the resort are slightly dated. But, anytime we have had an issue, the maintenance people addressed them immediately. Our most recent trip had no maintenance or cleaning issues. Everything was great.

There was a little confusion regarding our group's meal plan between the buffet and Chibi Chibi. The overall group from Colorado had more than 50 people, so you can imagine that there might be a little confusion with this large of a group. If we were coming back to Divi Flamingo independently from group travel, we probably would not do a full meal plan but as part of a large group, the food was included. We do like Chibi Chibi better than the buffet, but as buffets goes it was adequate. The buffet had theme nights and the omelet bar for breakfast is great.

As for Divi in relationship to town, it is perfect. You can walk 5 minutes to town for restaurants and shops. You can do cocktails on the water in town and other great dining. The interaction with locals and local festivals is one of the reasons we love Bonaire and Divi. Some of the other dive operations require driving to get to the town and trying to find parking. I like being able to walk to town. I consider Divi a perfect resort situationally. Easy boat diving and close relationship to the locals. Resorts on other islands sometimes are the only game in town and can be a little isolating. So - Divi Bonaire is an interesting and stress-free dive trip.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LARock20
generalmanager398, General Manager at Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed review about our resort and for staying with us for the third time! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed diving with us so much, that Orlando and Enrique took such good care of you and that you love the perfect location of our resort. We will personally congratulate the team members you mentioned in your review! We are happy that you had such a nice time and hope to welcome you back on our beautiful island very soon! Sincerely, Celine van Meer

Reviewed 8 November 2018

Just returned from another great trip to Divi Flamingo in Bonaire. As manager of Weaver's Dive & Travel for the past decade, I have had the privilege to escort divers to resorts all over the world, and therefore have seen the best and unfortunately the worst the Dive Resort Industry has to offer. This was at least my sixth visit to Divi Flamingo and all of my expectations were met or exceeded.

Checking a large group into a resort after a long day of travel can often be a long and tedious procedure. Not so at Divi. We were able to fill out the guest paperwork in advance and submit it to the management via email. Upon our arrival, the front desk simply handed everyone their room key and we were in the restaurant enjoying dinner 15 minutes after arrival. Check in at the Dive Shop for our large group was equally painless. Serge and his staff are extremely organized and the check in and orientation process was extremely efficient. Serge is a seasoned pro (20+ years) managing the dive operation at Divi, and his experience shows. He and his team work like a well oiled machine keeping 4 boats full of divers performing three boat dives a day running like clockwork.

Our group's Dive Masters, Orlando and Enrique, were excellent. They gave thorough briefings before each of the dives, and their attentiveness to my customer's individual needs were outstanding. Orlando and Enrique made sure my group visited all the best dive sites Bonaire has to offer (one day my group saw 8 seahorses!).My customers prefer the convenience of diving from a boat vs. shore diving. Boat diving in Bonaire ensures you get to visit some of the dives sites which cannot be accessed by shore diving, such as Rapell with its amazing hard coral cover, as well as the spectacular sites over at Klein Bonaire, the small island just off the coast of Bonaire.

As I mentioned above, I've been visiting Divi Resort over the past decade. In recent years the resort has made numerous improvements to the rooms, the pool areas, the restaurants, and the resort grounds. Having access to two restaurants (PureOcean & Chibi, Chib) allowed my guests to mix things up when it came to meal times. They chose the PureOceanc buffet at lunch time to ensure they were back on the boat for the afternoon dive, but most evenings were spent in the more relaxed Chibi Chibi restaurant with its order from the menu dining and great views of the sunset.

As a group leader, the staff of Divi Flamingo Resort make my job easy. Serge, the manager from the dive shop and Hans, the manager of the kitchen checked in with me each day to make sure all of my group's needs were being met. Any general questions were always answered immediately by the friendly front desk staff. Thank you all for taking such good care of our dive group! We'll be back next year for another wonderful experience in Bonaire.

Best,

Jeffry Jones
Manager, Weaver's Dive & Travel

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffry J
Reviewed 7 November 2018

We stayed at Divi with a dive group. We stayed in one of the studio units. Our first unit was on the road and the traffic noise kept me awake all night the first night. Fortunately, they found us a different unit away from the street and the rest of the week was much quieter. (If you have trouble sleeping with traffic noise, ask for a unit away from the street) Our unit was mostly clean (shower floor was stained - maybe mold - not sure) Wi-fi was excellent. I wish they had opted for higher quality sheets as I found them scratchy. We experienced some confusion about meals, as our guide said the Chibi Chibi restaurant as well as the Pureocean buffet were available to us but the front desk said only the buffet was an option. The buffet food got old after 3 meals per day there. I would have liked to eat at Chibi Chibi for some variety. If you go with a meal package, be sure you find out where you are allowed to eat. There are many restaurants within walking distance, so you really don’t need to eat all of your meals there. The diving was good. Our dive masters were Carlos and Laurel. Carlos was fun and funny. Laurel seemed to always be in a hurry - asking us to check-in the moment we stepped onto the boat while we had all of our equipment in our hands and handing us oranges while we were still trying to switch tanks. Neither showed us as much underwater as we are used to by other dive masters. We are used to smaller groups under water than the 16 that we had every day. That said, the dives were good. Saw lots of great stuff on our own. If you are an experienced diver, I would recommend staying in a condo with a kitchen, cooking some of your own meals (local grocery store prices are not horrible like some islands) going to Pasa Bon in town for great pizza, rent a truck and do shore diving on your own. That’s what we will do next time we go to Bonaire.

Room tip: Ask for an ocean view room. It will be away from the noisy street.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RockyMtnDiver

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to read that you were quickly assigned to another room upon your request, that you refer to our rooms as clean and that our Wi-Fi service met your needs. So nice that you had such a great time diving with us, we have shared your experiences with the team. We are sorry that you had to experience confusion around your meals and that our bed sheets did not meet your wishes. We hope you will return to our resort, please keep us posted about your experience during your stay with us so that we can make sure your next experience will be a perfect one and immediately follow up if needed. Sincerely, Celine