Pompano Beach Club
Fairmont Southampton(Southampton Parish)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
1,460 results
All reviewsthe lamb familythe cedar roomocean grilllarry lambmeal planport royal golf coursedeluxe roomthe buscouples golf tournamentmonday nightlow tidefamily owned resortdining roomstour of the propertyshallow waterswizzle partybreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this hotel through a JetBlue vacation package and included the dinner package. What a wonderful place this is. The setting is gorgeous and so is the property. The staff is very helpful, informative and attentive. The room was great: clean, large, and well taken care of. The food is delicious. The only thing I'd change is that we only stayed for five days. I wish it had been longer.

Room Tip: we had a corner Deluxe room. Number 93 which was wonderful but I suspect all of the rooms are great.
1  Thank JandKArlington
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am writing this review somewhat apprehensively. To be honest, I considered not writing a review because I want to keep this place as a secret. But, being a member of the trip advisor community it is the honest thing to do so I am doing it.

This resort is a gem. Maybe my favorite place ever and I've been to a lot of places.

First, the facilities. The views from the rooms are incredible. I don't think you can find breathtaking views like the ones I saw. We are not picture people and we took tons of pictures. You can literally walk out about a half mile in the ocean and see your feet. The water is incredible.

The rooms are nice. Maid service comes twice daily and the rooms have everything you need. Nothing overly fancy but everything you need. The beds are comfortable, the tub and showers are great and we had a great sitting area outside our room. Our room was special and I will keep that part to myself.

The grounds are great. The beach is nice and private. You can see schools of fish and parrotfish cruising around. It is the perfect place to relax. I did not play on the golf course but heard great things.

The staff is incredible. They were top notch. I loved the intimacy of this place as it was not overly crowded and the staff knows your name. They did everything to make sure the trip was wonderful. I really liked the resort feel without all the people.

The food was wonderful. A quick tip; get the breakfast and dinner meal plan. It will save you a TON of money. We went out to eat one night and one appetizer, a shared meal and one beer was over $100; and the food wasn't as good. The Cedar Room and Ocean Grill both have wonderful menus and great food. The portions are appropriate with great variety.

Also, some reviews made it sound like this place isn't family friendly. It is. There were plenty of kids having great time but were never disturbing.

It is a luxury hotel at mid-level prices. A true gem.

I am going to wrap this up and just say I l love this place. I will be coming back.

Tim

Room Tip: Get the meal plan. It is well worth it.
2  Thank Tschenk7
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We were there on a couples golf vacation and had a great time. We had an ocean view room and the view was stunning. This is not a chain hotel and that's what we liked about it. If you are used to the JW Marriott big hotel experience this may not be the place for you. The staff was great and everyone made you feel special. They couldn't do enough for us. The food was amazing especially the fresh seafood dishes which we had most every night.

There are 75 rooms in the hotel and ours seemed to be recently renovated. It was quite large as was the bathroom. Very comfortable. The bar area was not very large but that made for a cozy feeling where we met some of the other hotel guests.

I would love to go back sometime when the weather is a little warmer.

Room Tip: You might want to get a room fairly close to the main building where the restaurants and bar are.
3  Thank kentgagolfer
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We were here last year, enjoyed it so much that we invited 4 other couples from our community to join us this year.
Again Pompano beach club came through with flying colors. I had sent Larry Lamb an e mail about a pick up at the airport since the transportation we used last year did not accept golf clubs anymore . Within a day I had a response that everything was arranged. Our flight from Miami did not arrive until 9:15pm and they offered to keep the kitchen open for us. We did decline since we could eat at the stopover in Miami.
We arrived at the resort at 10:15 and were greeted by Tom Lamb one of the owners. After a few cocktails all the luggage was delivered to the rooms.
The meals at the resort are all amazing, from the a la carts breakfast, two breakfast buffets with an omelette station to the 5 course dinners in both restaurants. One of the highlights was the barbecue buffet with an amazing selection of salads , great steak and ribs and a desert buffet to die for.
The staff as last year was amazing, they all made you feel like family.
The golf tournament was lots of fun, lots of nice people to meet from other parts of the country. It was well organized with a few glitches in the scoring department, but then who really cares in this small piece of Paradise.
The coup de grace was that Tom Lamb one of the owners was there at 5:30 am to get all the luggage from the rooms, and he also had a continental breakfast prepared for us, that normally does not get started until 6:30.
There is no other hotel or resort I have travelled to with more accommodating staff and service.
Any couple that enjoys golf will enjoy one of the two golf package tournaments that Pompano offers in the spring and fall. Port Royal golf course next door is truly one of the most scenic courses I have played.
Thank you Larry and Tom Lamb and staff for a great week. God willing we will be back next year

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2018

My family and I decided to take a mini vacation during the Easter break. We called Pompano Beach Club from Bermuda because the original resort we booked didn’t live up to its promise.

Tom and Larry Lamb (Owners) couldn’t have been more accommodating to us. They prepared a suite for my wife and 2 of my 3 teenagers and it was perfect.
We’ve been to Bermuda several times and this may be the best piece of real estate on the entire island. The views from the restaurant, the pool, the room, the gym, the conservatory, the bar, etc. are nothing short of breathtaking.

The property has 2 restaurants and the food and wine lists are fantastic. Much like most Bermudians we have met, the staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly to us. Pompano Beach Club offers shuttle services to the world-renowned Port Royal Golf Course and other local attractions.

This was our first stay at this resort, but it will not be our last. 5-star service all day. Thank you very much for a great family memory.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family