“Great kayaking for little arms”

Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures is a small outdoor activity provider and equipment hire service based in Shieldaig, Torridon on the North West of Scotland. We provide a range of outdoor activities from summer mountain walking to canoeing. Our location graces us with some of Scotland's most awesome scenery from rugged coastline to wild mountainous terrain.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Tom took my wife, a total novice, and my six year old daughter and 4 year old son, out for a paddle. I was watching the baby! We weren’t sure how the kids would take tonit but Tom had them at ease right away and found the perfect kit for them. My daughter loved it and wanted to go back again the next day! I can really recommend Tom as a guide. He seems like a very laid back and knowledgable guy and my wife felt very safe out in the water with him. It’s hard to find organised outdoor activities for kids under seven so this was a real highlight of our holiday.

1  Thank neil a
Tom T, Owner at Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi Neil, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad the kids and your wife had a good time, hopefully we will be able to get you all out soon, plus I look forward to paddling 15k with Eve!!! Best wishes, T

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"mountains"
"scotland"

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We highly recommend Tom TIndale and SOA to anyone who really wants to experience the Northwest Highlands. We participated in a triathlon organized by SOA that included about 60 other participants ranging from children to older adults with extremely different levels of ability. SOA pulled this off without a hitch! It was well organized, we had loads of fun, we learned how to kayak and mountain bike, and we saw parts of Scotland that we would otherwise not have seen. It is well worth a guided kayak trip on the lochs--the views are gorgeous, the water is clear, there are starfish on the rocks, harbor seals follow you around you might see an eagle overhead. Tom is really knowledgeable about the wildlife, history and geology. He is an expert traveler, mountaineer, and kayaker. He makes sure that everyone is safe and is having fun! So if you really want to experience the beautiful Northwest then call Tom!

Tom T, Owner at Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a loverly review. I am really glad you enjoyed the triathlon weekend, it was great to share Torridon with so many people in such great weather!! I hope we will see you again in the future for some more adventures.

Best wishes,

Tom

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I've just spent three hours kayaking round Sheldaig loch with Tom. What an excellent afternoon. Tom is fun, approachable and very knowledgeable - a great person to spend time with and learn from. We saw seals and various sea birds and had great conversations along the way about the local geography, geology and fisheries. I recommend SOA without hesitation and will certainly book with SOA again when I'm in the area.

Tom T, Owner at Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Really glad you had a good time, looking forward to your next visit and adventure with SOA. Best wishes, Tom

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Had a wonderful few days hiking and kayaking with Tom @ SOA. Super-safe, reliable, incredibly knowledgeable, fun - Tom is an all-round great guy. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Tom T, Owner at Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you for your kind review, its great to know that you had a good time, hope to see you in the future for more awesome adventures!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

What an amazing afternoon. Never having been kayaking before, this was a great way to learn. Tom was an amazing, patient teacher, especially with this nervous lady of a certain age! We both really enjoyed it, so much so that we will go again when we get home. The icing on the cake? Two Sea Eagles, just wish I could have taken a photo of them. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, beginner or otherwise.

Tom T, Owner at Shieldaig Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

So pleased you enjoyed your trip with us, I hope to see you soon on the water again!

Many thanks,