Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hot tub spa lodge swimming pool the main house dvd player the river cant wait wi fi relaxing weekend happy place bar and restaurant living room red squirrels main reasons decking area modern kitchen stunning location
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021

My family and I have been visiting Erigmore once or twice a year for the last 6/7 years. We have always found the lodges clean and well kept, until our last stay. We stayed in a 6 berth lodge which faced the fields down to towards the river Tay. The door was hanging of the rail in the bathroom, which was filthy dirty with black mold and dirt on it. There was a rusty hairclip on the shelf in the shower in on en-suite and a used razor in the main bathroom. There was dirt around the taps in both the main bathroom and the en-suite. There was dust and hair in the lodge just about everywhere. A cabinet door was hanging off in the kitchen and there was insufficient kitchen equipment to cater for a family of 5. I had to go out and buy additional basic cooking equipment, i.e., roasting trays. The flooring by the patio doors bowed as you walked on it, meaning that the floor was rotten underneath it. There was also a hole in the decking, which my niece (who has a hip replacement) jarred herself when her foot went awkwardly down the hole. There were a pair on socks in one of the drawers in the bedroom from the last guests. When I reported to management on site they never responded. I came back from my holiday and reported it to Verdant Leisure who offered us £190 refund (a random figure) the holiday was £1351 for a week oh and 20% off a future holiday (why would I want to return??). When this was privately owned the standards were so much higher. Since Verdant Leisure have taken over the standards have declined.

Date of stay: August 2021
Verdant Leisure, Owner at Erigmore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be assured we have made the Senior Management Team aware. Team Verdant

Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

We have used the spa lodges at Erigmore for a number of years now
When we enquired we noted the price had went up dramatically since we used these last . But understand that these need to be maintained to keep the high standard and also that staycation are more popular and companies really do need to recoup some cost from recent events in order to survive so did not grudge the high cost as these have been fantastic in the past

However our expectations were dashed from the minute we arrived
We were given a key and a site map
When we arrived

When we opened the door there was no welcome pack
We had brought tea and coffee so we sat and had one
I then went to wash the cups no tea towel or dishwasher tablets

No instructions on how to operate the boiler not an issue for me as I am an engineer but again could inconvenience someone.

On entering the bedroom it had a musty smell .

However thought nothing much more about it and decided to use the hot tub which was great
However the kneck tests were black with wear and tear and we decided
Not to sit in the two areas with these parts attached

After the hot tub I went for a shower
My wife opened the door to advise that the water was coming out the door ..

When I looked down the wet floor was flooded
We were given a number on arrival but it just rang out when I called to advise the shower was choked .As my wife wanted to use the shower I ended up taking the grid off the shower and clearing out the trap which was loaded with hair and grime these are traps that are designed to be cleaned out at regular intervals and should be part of the cleaning regime . I did not expect to clear this myself but it was either that or leave the shower inoperable until the next day when we could have reported to reception . We then decided to get dressed and go out for dinner and found the cause of the musty smell the wall at the far left hand corner of the wardrobe is riddled with dampness .
We moved our clothes out as the smell was strong .
The light bollards outside were off so returning to lodge after dark we were in pitch black darkness
We cooked a meal on the saturday and when I went to look for oven gloves there were none again minor issue but just another inconvenience

The lodges were luxury when first put in place but lack of maintenance has now left them mediocre and at the prices charged I would have thought the basic components and the small maintenance to solve these issues would be well worth the cost
We did enjoy our stay and the area is fantastic which is why we return time and time again.
I would have mentioned this at checkout but when I returned our key at 9.45am ( check out at 10) it was unmanned
Very disappointing experience and think there will be better equipped and maintained accommodation for the money in the area than the low standard that we experienced on this occasion

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterbQ1961NZ
Verdant Leisure, Owner at Erigmore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Please be assured we have made the Senior Management Team aware and are keen to investigate the matters you have raised. Please email our Customer Care team at customercare@verdantleisure.co.uk in order for us to look into this for you. Thank you, Team Verdant.

Reviewed 12 September 2021

Since Erigmore's recent takeover the standards unfortunately have really dropped, particularly in the general aesthetic, swimming pool area and bar.

The caravans being introduced are generally just of a lower standard than those previously on the site. They are also parked all over the place meaning guests cannot park at the main hotel easily.

In the bar, although the previous service was inconsistent, the bar felt warm and comfortable. It now feels a lacking atmosphere.

In terms of the swimming pool, the changing rooms which were previously kept really clean, feel grubby and dirty. There are also dirty tide marks around the pool - something I have never seen in all the years I have visited.

Verdant have some work to do to keep the standard of the previous owners, which is a real shame.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Verdant Leisure, Owner at Erigmore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would like to speak with you regarding the issues. Please do email our Customer Care team via email on customercare@verdantleisure.co.uk Be assured that your feedback was passed to the Senior Management Team to ensure that matters raised are addressed accordingly. Thanks, Team Verdant.

Reviewed 6 September 2021

Returned again (8th time) to the wonderful Erigmore Estate. Still as good as its always been (almost) even with the changes being made by new owners (Verdant)

We stayed in the Highland Spa Lodge with our wee dog, very spacious and very clean, ideal for two people. Close to main house and bar.

One comment, the lodge is not 100% dog friendly, our wee four legged Houdini managed to escape one day, so had to keep him tied to a spike thereafter. It would be easy to make the hot tub area dog friendly by simply continuing the fence over to the hedge, then wee fido could run free!

Also the bar is not dog friendly inside, which stopped us (and others we spoke to) going in for a meal or quick drink. It would not be too much to allocate an area inside where you can take well behaved dogs ..please follow the rest of Dunkeld pubs

Hot tub did have a small leak and had to be topped up daily, maintenance chap was very friendly and did a great job, he said it was going to be drained and fixed after we left. Did not spoil our use though.

All the staff were very helpful and friendly as always.

The estate now has a lot more lodges and caravans being added which makes it look a bit busy, there seems to be new lodges in every nook and cranny and it certainly changes the exclusiveness that there used to be, but still ok.

We are booked again for New Year and next summer but given the much higher costs (same all over in UK it seems due to staycations) we will have to maybe think again in future about going back. We really love the area and have had some fabulous holidays at Erigmore. Value for money is getting hard to justify.

Still recommend this as a high end holiday resort, just hope it stays that way

Date of stay: September 2021
Verdant Leisure, Owner at Erigmore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are really glad to hear you had such a great stay at the park and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thanks, Team Verdant.

Reviewed 6 July 2021

We have just returned from Erigmore, we are a family of 4, we stayed in the Woodland Lodge. The Lodge is located in a lovely quiet part of the site, it is a nice comfortable size for a family of 4.
On arrival we came across a packet of brioche rolls when unpacking in the kitchen, they were in a cupboard above the oven. Later when my husband was showering he came across a toothbrush in the shower. There were only 3 glasses in the cupboard, I had to request more glasses. I had to ask for a brush pan and shovel to clean small messes we would make. I was told brush pans were removed to be sanitised - thats fine, but return them to the lodge. A few days later we were looking for something in our bedroom - my husband shone his torch light under the bed and we were horrified to see thick dust. Clearly had not been touched in a long time, we also came across an empty bottle and a hair bobble behind the bedside drawers. To say we were disappointed was an understatement.
We were charged to go swimming, we found out at the second swimming session that people staying on site don't pay - no-one had told us that. We got our money back.
We went for dinner at the house one night and we had to ask the girl to clear our table, there were 2 families being served. The girl appeared to be training, however there was no-one showing her the ropes.
Overall a very poor experience. The only reason I didnt rate it terrible was the size and location of the lodge.

Date of stay: July 2021