“Best Restaurant in the area -- everything is excellent”

Albergo Regina Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Abetone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We have been to Abetone / Val di Luce 5 years in a row for half-term skiing, and this restaurant is so much part of the experience.
Its so good and so affordable that we go at least twice in the week.
All the food is lovely, the service is genuine and not pushy .. and it doesn't drag out, especially with 3 families in all.
There is a separate dinning room, from the main dinning hall ... which is good too, however it means that we have a space to ourselves and can have adults on one table and children on the other.
Its got a genuine feel and a little bit of history ... you just go.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Great food and great staff. Selected ingredients and wonderful taste. The owner explains how the courses are prepared and this is a plus. The first restaurant in my ranking in the area. Nonno Cianco comes second and then Il Mammolo comes third. The dining room is old fashioned, but the atmosphere is nice given the area.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stopped here on a Sunday for lunch. The restaurant was filled with local families (taking mama and grandma out for Sunday lunch, a few children, a couple of dogs hiding under their owners tables) -- really just a warm, welcome restaurant, and a good lunch. We had a couple of their veal dishes - one with pasta and one with mushrooms. Both dishes were very good, as was the mixed green salad - very fresh. Then for desert you should try their ice cream (really yellow in color) topped with either blueberries or hot dark chocolate. A really nice local restaurant. It sits just off of the main road, next to a very large parking lot. Not fancy, but nicely decorated with mountain lodge style furniture and wall hangings.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Cosy interior, delicious food (home made pasta with mushrooms, beef fillet, the custard dessert), very friendly and helpful management. Family run. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

While my son was skiing, I walked through Abetone to find a place to have lunch and stumbled upon Regina...what luck! It is a very cozy little place and I was greeted by a lovely woman who brought me to my table. I was immediately given water, bread, cheese and salami that was yummy. The waiter was so friendly and helpful. He suggested I have the beef filetto and fried porcini mushrooms. The filetto was so tender it melted in my mouth and the fried shrooms were the best I've had. I will absolutely return here when in Abetone.

Date of visit: April 2016