“Best food in the area”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Great food and great staff. Selected ingredients and wonderful taste. The owner explains how the courses are prepared and this is a plus. The first restaurant in my ranking in the area. Nonno Cianco comes second and then Il Mammolo comes third. The dining room is old fashioned, but the atmosphere is nice given the area.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stopped here on a Sunday for lunch. The restaurant was filled with local families (taking mama and grandma out for Sunday lunch, a few children, a couple of dogs hiding under their owners tables) -- really just a warm, welcome restaurant, and a good lunch. We had a couple of their veal dishes - one with pasta and one with mushrooms. Both dishes were very good, as was the mixed green salad - very fresh. Then for desert you should try their ice cream (really yellow in color) topped with either blueberries or hot dark chocolate. A really nice local restaurant. It sits just off of the main road, next to a very large parking lot. Not fancy, but nicely decorated with mountain lodge style furniture and wall hangings.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Cosy interior, delicious food (home made pasta with mushrooms, beef fillet, the custard dessert), very friendly and helpful management. Family run. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

While my son was skiing, I walked through Abetone to find a place to have lunch and stumbled upon Regina...what luck! It is a very cozy little place and I was greeted by a lovely woman who brought me to my table. I was immediately given water, bread, cheese and salami that was yummy. The waiter was so friendly and helpful. He suggested I have the beef filetto and fried porcini mushrooms. The filetto was so tender it melted in my mouth and the fried shrooms were the best I've had. I will absolutely return here when in Abetone.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Restaurant was lovely and the food was great especially the bistecca! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in the area!