“The thing to do at Zion”
Review of The Narrows

The Narrows
More attraction details
Owner description: Zion's most popular hiking trail is also its most dangerous due to occasional flash floods.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On this, our fourth trip to Zion, we headed straight up canyon to Stop 9 and the river-side walk to the Narrows. This easy hike (about one mile each way) exposes the traveler to some of the majesty of Zion but in a controlled way. You walk along a paved path with either trees or endless blue sky overhead, while the towering walls of the canyon grow closer and closer together, leading you to the end spot - where you either continue walking in the river, or just sit for awhile gazing at the staggering beauty of it all.

1  Thank pmjc
Write a ReviewReviews (2,873)
All reviews
in 138 reviews
"dry suit"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hike of Narrows is one of the most unique experiences. You are walking in the water and at times water above knee height. For most part of early hike, water is quite low and quiet making it an easy hike. As you go deeper, at times, water does get deeper. Remember there are no services as you go inward. So be prepared.

2  Thank Sagar_Sriramagiri
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don't think for a second you'll just pop up to the Narrows on the free bus for a look, believe me, the next thing you'll be a couple of kms down the river still awestruck.
Start early, bring plenty of food and water. Wear ankle supporting shoes, a long sleeve shirt even in Sumner and have a walking stick/pole for the more difficult parts. Bring your camera/phone etc and in a waterproof bag and take your time .... simply stunning. Just amazing

2  Thank wagonweel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hiked the Narrows on Memorial Day weekend and it was pretty crowded. However, the further up stream I went, the crowd diminished. I rented the waterproof boots, neoprene socks and a walking stick and I am so GLAD that I did. The water was about 50 degrees and my feet were not cold at all. The boots kept my ankles well supported. The walking stick helped when I would cross heavy currents. I hiked passed wall street and back. I spent the entire day in the canyon. Take a sweater because in the afternoon there isn't too much sun and it can get chilly. Bring a ziplock bag to keep your phone and camera safe. There are times where the water goes past your waist. Walking through the water for hours is tougher than I imagined. This was defiantly a hike I will never forget.

1  Thank buckbow2
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Narrows hike was quite an experience! We rented waterproof boots, neoprene socks and a walking stick from Zion outfitter for $22/ person/ day (so worth it). We packed snacks, lots of water, suntan lotion in a waterproof bag. We stopped a couple of times for breaks and pictures. We spent all day in the narrows. Make sure to check the weather reports because if there’s a good chance of rain, dangerous flash floods are possible.

1  Thank pkrooney1