“Just of the road”
Review of Skull Rock

Skull Rock
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

There’s a cool little trail that you can take to this or just pull off the side of the road. The amount of people they are makes it hard to get a cool picture but it’s still something very cool to see.

All reviews
"campground"
in 27 reviews
"roadside"

Reviewed 30 May 2018

A short fun stop. Many people taking photos. Hard to get a photo without people. It is a natural formation that looks like a skull. You can see it from the road, but better to get out of the car.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

You can climb into the nose and walk across the road to sightsee as well. It’s a beautiful place and we had a wonderful time.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Stopped by this pitstop before our last stop at Key's View. The rocks looked smooth but upon climbing, I realized there were sharp edges. I left with minor scrapes on my knees and elbows. I guess its my souvenir from climbing up and over the huge rock formations. Overall, I enjoyed this location the best!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This stop is right off the road. Easy-peasy to get to, and oh so fun to snap a selfie or group photo with. Get photo-bombed by a rock! I went early in the morning, when there were no crowds, so I had the place to myself and good soft lighting. Beyond the skull itself, there are great boulders in the immediate vicinity for scrambling around on and through.