6,269 results
All reviews golf course death valley borax museum general store furnace creek on site post office swimming pool tennis courts national park rocking chairs spring fed pool corkscrew saloon air con zabriskie point an oasis las vegas
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staying inside Death Valley is great but even with this in mind, I feel the price / value relationship for the Ranch is lousy. Clean but outdated rooms. Typically, I would expect to pay for a similar stay outside the park about half. There is currently renovation / remodeling going on and the check-in is hard to find. I was charged twice for the room and called. They acknowledged the mistake and promised a refund. Now, a few days later, this still has not happened. A simple "sorry for the mistake" would have been nice too. Dinner options are very limited. We had a few appetizers at the Inn lounge up the hill which was quite nice. The lounge looks much nicer than the large dining room but there are just a few tables.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ralph M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed for 3 nights and reading other reviews had considered cancelling and would have done so had there been more options in the park. So glad I did not, the place is lovely, sure there are some ongoing works but I think they are nearing the end now but overall it was hard to fault - location is excellent. Food bit hard to come by, there is a large general store, a buffet (which was low quality) and food at the Golf Club - we just drove to Stove Pipe Wells hotel for evening meals. Check in was slow but eventually we got our key. At night it is very dark in the complex and bit confusing to find way around but that aids with the star gazing (which was amazing). A few complaints but offset by the location and the lovely grounds of this resort hotel, would definitely recommend this hotel/resort and when I am back in Death Valley I will definitely be staying here again.

3  Thank Pathfinder802877
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I understand that there are limited lodging options, but $220 per night for this place is a bit hard to swallow. My rating would be a 2, but I understand the concept of supply and demand. People were pleasant, rooms were clean but dated and a bit run down looking in places. General Store is nice. There seemed to be lots of amenities for golfers and camper families (there's an adjacent campground). Nothing to say "ew, stay away." Food is an issue. The buffets are set on their time, so if you want to eat there you have to plan your day around those times. The only restaurant (at the golf course) is a very small burger and bar joint that closes too early for dinner for a lot of folks. If you want to watch the sunset somewhere, then come back and shower before dinner, forget it. Plus they were out of draft beer by 1:00 p.m., and as important as it is to drink water in the desert I still couldn't bring myself to ordering a can of Bud. "But we can eat at the Inn dining room" you might say. Well, sort of. While the information for the ranch clearly states that while you cannot make dinner reservations unless you're staying at the Oasis, you can try "first come first served", the hostess informed me that unless you show up right at 5:00 you have no chance. You might not even have a chance then. You can, however, sit in the bar/lounge and order anything from the menu (assuming you can find a seat). There is outdoor seating, too, but when I was there in November the tables were all full of people huddled up in their down coats. The lounge at the Oasis is nice, however, so no objections to not being able to eat in the dining room. We were able to snag the last cocktail table both times we visited. Oh, and BTW, the dining room said "appropriate attire required" Judging from the guests being seated, that apparently means "remember to wear pants." I spent way too much time looking up "resort wear;" it wouldn't have mattered. So basically this place is like staying at a pleasant roadside Budget Lodge that can't decide if it's a motel or a campground, but it has a golf course and is a few blocks from a Westin so they charge you extra for the privilege. I'd probably stay there again for the convenient location, but that's the only thing that would draw me back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sam22043
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The pool water is great, but the shower and changing facilities really need upgrading and there is usually a line.
Lots of complaints about the food service. Buffet dining room is the default choice, but especially pricey for dinner ($30). Lunch ($18) had a reasonable number of choices, but none of them especially good. No option for just soup/salad bar. Golf course.....not so much. Steakhouse is no longer there, but more restaurants may reappear when long remodel is done. Gift shop carries a few basic groceries and packaged sandwiches and salads.

1  Thank Anonymous1945
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There is a significant upgrade going on at this time. When it’s done, it should be wonderful. But at this time there is a lot of construction and disruption. Noisy and dusty. And confusing to find things including registration.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pcorman