6,247 results
All reviews golf course death valley borax museum general store furnace creek on site post office swimming pool tennis courts rocking chairs national park spring fed pool air con corkscrew saloon zabriskie point an oasis las vegas
Reviewed 27 June 2018

when we visited in June 2018 the place was being renovated and some of the accommodation like ours was a bit tired. it was very clean, comfortable and had all the usual services. They had a good deep swimming pool and an interesting small exhibition
All in all quite comfortable, but just a bit tired. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The restaurant left a bit to be desired too but again was under renovation.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were booked to stay at the Ranch last weekend but en route and only about 45 minutes from Death Valley, I realised that I had booked the wrong night. We thought we were staying on the Sunday but I had booked the Saturday by accident. Slight panic given that Death Valley is not somewhere you want to be going into with a room for the night!

We arrived at the Inn as we missed the turn off for the Ranch. I explained my situation and they were incredibly helpful, giving as a room for the Ranch that night and simply transferring my pre paid funds over from my no show the night before.

We liked the Ranch. Yes, there is some construction work but it's far away from the rooms which were clean, comfortable and large. It's an amazing spot and the A/C worked for us despite how hot it was outside (around 42C).

The diner was fine - simple and quick and we hadn't been expecting much. More so, I became unwell with dehydration/heat when in the diner and the staff on duty couldn't have been more helpful, getting me a first aider very quickly. He even came by our room about an hour later to check that I was okay.

So no, it's not the Inn but I think it's excellent for what it is and I'm sure the current building work will only improve things for the future.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the right night (unlike me!)
2  Thank angusglens
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This place is just average, not great. they are renovating and building a new resort, so maybe when that is done it will be better. You'd think a place that is in DV would have great air conditioning, but that was not the case with the Ranch.

Room Tip: Stay at the other hotel in Furnace Creek, it is managed by the same company.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Upon reading the previous reviews . I was a little scared .. but thinking of the price thought it must be okay . Admittedly they are in the process of a renovation.. but they really should drop the prices .. check in was in a tin shed . Customer service was average.. the room was very dated and very hot .. it felt quite dingy .. the air con did not do its job .. although on the positive side . It was clean and beds were very comfortable., the grounds and pool area were lovely .. a welcome retreat. The main disappointment was the restaurant . The food was awful .. slapped on plastic plates .. with no care .. unfortunately although we loved the park .. we wouldn’t be in a hurry to stay here again .. in its present state

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cathyvl
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Having stayed at the Ranch in DV innumerable times since 1975, and reading all those very negative appréciations (mainly by Overseas customers, like me), make me write these lines. I try to explain all those bad notes mainly by the more and more upscale prices compared to a, well, rather medium range quality ratio. However, since over a year, upon reservation customers are correctly informed about the construction works. And as far as I have seen, no room is rented directly near the construction site. The actual 'eating facility' is the absolute minimum. But again, I knew it before and therefore stayed only two nights instead of a longer period. I'm also claiming since many years more windresistant shade around the pool (additional pergolas, etc.). The actual situation is just irresponsible out in the desert. Staying in DV has never been a bargain, but paying every year almost 20 to 30 dollars more does not really increase the Customer satisfaction either. This said, my room (incl. linen, towels etc.) has always been clean and all people have been very friendly, efficient and helpful. Let's hope that after the end of the constructions DV-Ranch will become again one of those special places, as it has been, and most important at a reasonable and honest price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo