2,062 results
All reviews sand dunes stovepipe wells dune view mosaic canyon general store furnace creek death valley gift shop gas station air con national park wi fi milky way basic room fire pit saloon bar stayed here for one night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t know what to expect in the middle nowhere but we were surprised with the facilities which were basic but were clean and all worked well. Staff were helpful and friendly.

If you accept it for what it is where it is it’s a great place for a night or so.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mak K, Guest Relations Manager at Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank your for your recent stay and feedback. Stovepipe Wells Village is proud of its welcoming and friendly staff who are available to assist guests with everything from excursion planning to extra water bottles, all 24 hours a day.
We are so glad you joined us and hope that you return for another adventure very soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Rating is more accurately a 3.5. We weren't expecting luxury, but we were pleasantly surprised at Stovepipe Wells Village. Check in and check out was easy and front desk staff were friendly. Complimentary coffee and cookies were available.

We stayed 2 nights in a Deluxe Dune View Room with 2 Queen beds. Room wasn't fancy, but was clean and well maintained. It looks like bathroom was updated fairly recently with stone tile shower and flooring and granite bathroom counter. Room had a coffee maker and small refrigerator. Two bottles of water were complimentary per day.

Worse thing I could say about the room was that the AC unit was mildly noisy and it took awhile for hot water to get to the shower. TV reception was pretty fuzzy, but with the park outside your door, I didn't miss it at all.

Stovepipe Wells Village also has onsite restaurant, bar, and gift shop. Restaurant quality is pretty mediocre. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Staff was nice though. There is a fairly well stocked general store and gas station across the road. The pool looked inviting, but we didn't have a chance to use it.

Stovepipe Wells is well situated for visiting Mesquite Dunes, Mosaic Canyon, and Emigrant Canyon. It was fairly easy to get to Ubehebe Crater too. Places like Darwin Falls and Father Crowley Vista Point were further, but still easily doable from Stovepipe Wells Village.

I would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback! When we learn that a guest's stay has inspired them to visit us again, we know we have succeeded in providing great service, great amenities and comfortable accommodations. As you mention, our central location is perfect for park exploration just minutes from our guest rooms and conveniences like on-site dining and the lowest fuel prices in the area, Stovepipe Wells Village is the perfect home base for Death Valley National Park explorations.
We appreciate the opportunity to host your visit and look forward to your next. Until then, we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Hotel was well located and clean. Biggest issue was that you have to run water in sink for a long time before the water got hot. Worse, no matter when you showered or how long you ran water, the shower water never got better than tepid. Uncomfortable to say the least.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mak K, Guest Relations Manager at Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Our guests should enjoy a shower that is refreshing and comfortable and temperature control is critical for that to happen. We have shared this with our Management team and it will be corrected for future guests!

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel was actually alright- a bit dated and in need of modernisation but if you’re the only hotel around then you don’t necessarily have to...
The room was small and very basic and the aircon unit noisy as hell but worked. The water pressure was a bit lame but the bed was reasonably comfy. The fridge was tiny!!
Otherwise it was perfectly placed to see Death Valley and had a good restaurant, bar and general store with petrol so all good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mak K, Guest Relations Manager at Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback! With clean, comfortable rooms, onsite dining options, the lowest fuel prices in the area and a wide array of snacks, supplies and souvenirs, Stovepipe Wells Village offers visitors everything they need for a successful adventure in Death Valley!

Reviewed 28 October 2018

All the positives as remarked on by other reviews stand - great oasis in the middle of nowhere, good resto for evening meal, if service a bit slow (we didn't have breakfast, just coffee and donut from the general store opposite!), wonderful for star-gazing, etc etc. Negatives also I concur with - the rooms are really quite small and cramped for what you pay, and the air-con is pretty noisy, so we made do with the overhead fan all night, which was fine.
I'd like to expand with two comments, one good, one less good. I'll start with the latter...….our whole experience of this remote hotel was spoiled by an inconsiderate noisy person in the neighbouring room - which of course is not the management's fault! We noted that whenever we were in the room (on arrival, after showering, changing for evening meal, on return later after star-gazing....) we could hear the TV clearly through the wall. It seemed intermittent, so I guess that was when she left the room herself. We did hope that come 10.00 p.m. the tv would be switched off, but not so.....in fact at 2.00 a.m. my husband had to get dressed, go next door, and bang on the door - loudly to make himself heard!! - and ask her to switch the darn thing off. He said it appeared to be an elderly lady on her own.
I can only conclude that she was a hard-of-hearing insomniac, to be running a TV at 90 decibels in the middle of the night - but to me this is the height of inconsiderateness, especially in a place where people come to visit for the peace, quiet and enjoy the back-to-nature atmosphere.
I did report this matter to the Receptionist when I checked out the following morning, who was very apologetic and sympathised. I pointed out that it seemed illogical to me to locate a TV screen on the wall directly where the head of the bed in the neighbouring room was; in fact, why have TVs in the rooms at all? Most people visiting Death Valley are there for the location, hiking, solitude, fantastic scenery etc.
I guess we were just extremely unlucky to have experienced this, as no other reviewer seems to have had a problem with noise through the neighbouring wall.
I'd like to say, on the other hand, how pleasant and helpful the staff in the hotel are. On arrival, a nice young woman explained all the hotel facilities to us, gave us maps and leaflets, and recommendations of sights to visit. The Receptionist on check-out took my complaint about the noise seriously, and promised to give the feedback to the management.
Finally - a big thank you to the housekeeping staff who found my Samsung tablet which I left behind in the room and handed it in within 15 minutes of our leaving. I gather the reception staff did their best to try and contact me during the day, but it was only that evening at our next port of call (Shoshone) I realised it was missing, and where I had left it! A telephone call swiftly elicited its whereabouts, so we made a 160 mile round trip the next morning to collect it - I can only conclude that I was so tired after a fairly sleepless night that I didn't check the room thoroughly before leaving... not my usual style! A big thank you to all the staff concerned.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit. At Stovepipe Wells Village, we want every guest to enjoy comfortable rooms and we understand the importance of a good night's sleep if you are to make the most of your time in Death Valley National Park! We also understand the impact of noisy neighbor! We are sorry that we did not learn of your situation earlier in your stay so that we could have addressed this for you without it enduring for almost the entirety of your stay and without your husband's effort! As you experienced, our staff are absolutely committed to providing excellent guest service- from Housekeeping to our Lodging staff as evidenced by the retrieval of your tablet and we are disappointed that we could not have eliminated your primary difficulty during your time with us .
We appreciate your description and feedback as we continuously evaluate ways in which we can improve our guests's experience and we will share your observations with our Management team and will share your appreciation with our staff regarding the retrieval of your tablet!