Ariundle Centre
US$166
Hotels.com
All reviewsbunk housenext morningtearoombunkhousewoodlandaccommodationardgour
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Booked this place as it was within walking distance of the holiday cottage that we were staying (group of 10), and to be honest, although the menu ticked all the boxes, being close and licensed was one of the main reasons.
When we actually arrived on the Sunday night I was pleasantly surprised at the friendly ambiance that greeted us, warm, candle lit and good music at a decent volume to allow conversation.
The menu though small had a good spread of choice which allowed all of our party to be able to choose fairly easily, and when the food arrived, I think all were very pleased with their choices (me, I loved the steak pie, possibly the best I have ever had - and I`ve had plenty I can assure you!).
The team (chef & waiting staff) should be really proud of themselves, from the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome, the service throughout had the right balance of professional and friendly, and so allowed you to feel relaxed and enjoy your evening (something that is sometimes lost in a lot of the more pretentious city restaurants). The guys even went the extra mile to serve up a cake we had brought with us to celebrate the birthday of one of the more senior members of the party (FOC) and were happy to take photos for us throughout the night.
"TOP NOTCH NIGHT" guys (also reasonably priced) - Many Thanks.

Room Tip: Did not stay here so don`t know
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My first impressions of the Ariundle Centre, which offers food, accommodation and crafts, were of a picturesque, old-fashioned chalet-style bungalow surrounded by lush gardens, meadows and woodland. We were warmly welcomed with cups of tea on the house. All members of staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful. Inside the building there is a charming restaurant as well as a small crafts centre. Our meal was cooked to perfection and very reasonably priced. The bunk house is in a separate, similar building. The en-suite rooms are basic, as you would expect, but spacious, fresh and spotless, as was the communal kitchen and dining room. We hope to return. The people who run the centre are delightful and the location just outside Strontian is superb for anyone who loves nature or outdoor activities. This is an area that does not get mass tourism and I hope its friendly, unspoilt, quirky character never changes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were a party of 20 staying in self catering accommodation at Ardgour House 15 miles away from the Ariundle Centre. We arranged with Kate at the Centre to provide hot meals for us at 7pm each evening and must say we were apprehensive about how it was going to work out. We needn't have worried. Each evening, the table was laid, the fire was lit (they even went out and found us some wood!) and plenty of delicious local fresh food was served. We were delighted with the food and the service. On the last evening, they even left us with some homebaked bread and jam for the next morning. We would highly recommend them for anyone staying in the area and needing catering help.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My family and I visited the restaurant attached to this bunkhouse and had a wonderful experience. I am vegan and therefore was doubtful that I would be able to eat here. However after speaking to Callum at front of house, who was very friendly and helpful, Darren the chef made me a lovely off menu dish of five vegetables and rice.

I was very impressed with how accommodating they were and that they were willing to go team extra mile to provide for me. The rest of my family chose food from the menu which thy said was also very nice. The scenery and setting of the restaurant was also lovely.

The menu was on the slightly more expensive side but overall it was a lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We saw signs for the centre whilst staying in Strontian for the week. With promises of a coffee shop and craft centre we thought it worth a nosey.
Home baking was good standard and we chose to sit on the outside decking area.
Seems like this place is stuck in the 80's and in need of tlc. A good idea to start with but maybe more attention needed to decking and interior.
Shop was dated and stock looked as if it had been there a while.
Fine for a value for money coffee and cake but so much potential.

Stayed: July 2017