Expedia
The Riverside Hotel Esthetics(Sanmin)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Near to MRT, easy access to the airport of High Speed Train.
Friendly staff, nice spacious room.
There are a few nice eateries and coffee shops nearby.
There is laundry area for your use.
Quiet and peaceful area to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2018

A small boutique type hotel. Very clean with small, neat rooms. Modern with up-to-date facilities. Good budget prices, especially on the weekdays - weekends the price jumps a bit. I had a more inexpensive interior room with no window. This was fine as I was only in the room for evenings. Attentive staff, speaking good English and helpful with information on MRT and getting around. Staff provided an iron and ironing board upon request. MRT station is only a block away.

Room Tip: Cheapest rooms are interior with no window - other rooms all face out with good views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Out of all the hotels I been to in Taiwan, this hotel is not too friendly. However, the hotel is really clean but the rooms are a bit small. I was traveling alone and they gave me a double room with two double beds. I was thinking umm that will just limit my space in the room but the receptionist said oh no this will give you more space in the room. I was amazed when I got into my room. It was so small and the extra bed took up a lot of space. For international trips, I always have a big luggage (28”) and I don’t have anywhere to put it. They have a designated area in the room to put one luggage and it was so small so my luggage doesn’t fit on top so it’s basically useless for me. I don’t know why they make it so small. I guess maybe because this is a boutique hotel. I literally had to leave my luggage in front of the door which is also in front of the shower. It was always in the way.

Another thing I find odd is that the toilet seat is actually smaller than the toilet itself. For a female, I find it weird cuz it seems like I am actually touching the toilet when I use the toilet. I find that a bit disgusting because I am very OCD. Not sure if it’s come kind of new modern design?! But I have to say the room is overall very clean. I even saw one of the house keeper scrubbing one of the sinks very hard. This gave me a really good impression that the hotel is very clean.

The only con for the hotel is that all the receptionists are not too friendly. No one really greeted me or smiled at me at all. I felt so unwelcome. I had the same feeling when I was checking out of the hotel. The same receptionist helped me out when I was checking out and I don’t know why but he gave me a weird stare. Afterwards when my taxi arrived it seemed like the wanted to help me with my luggage but in the end he decided not to. I don’t mind if he doesn’t help but I just thought that was weird.

Also, not sure what is wrong with their WiFi. I can’t seem to connect to their WiFi and I didn’t even bother asking since I am barely in my room only to sleep.

Overall, the hotel is clean. That is a pro. I guess it is also Chinese New Years in Asia so the hotel is semi packed. But for the price I paid, it is considered decent. I guess the only thing that bothered me was the friendliness of all the workers in the hotel. Definitely didn’t feel welcome. Not sure if I would want to stay at the hotel again. But if you are looking for a decent and clean hotel then this hotel would be a good fit.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Reception was good. staff attentive. Our room was very good, comfortable bed, TV was too large for the room size. What was annoying was the sound transmission from the adjoining rooms & corridor. This affected our sleep.
The hotel did not have room service nor mini-bar.
The smell from the restaurant wafted throughout the hotel, into the elevators.
Breakfast time was chaos.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolverleyman
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Highly NOT RECOMMENDED family with big luggages as the room for family size simply has no reasonable place to put the luggage ... the air ventilator was noisy all night long.... the toilet light once on will affect the others who are sleeping and the silly aircon control button light is super bright at night facing the beds that you have to find a way to cover it up.... overall I would strongly not recommend it for family traveling with large luggage and needed some space. The area where you brush your teeth is simply within the room thus when you wash your hand on the basin ... the water sounds will affect others who is still sleeping .... the shower area is simply too small for comfort and the water pressure is pathetic.

Don't expect late check out as they charged extra $$$ for every one hour. Check in 3pm and out at 12pm next day which means you only get 21 hours of stay! After 3pm you get charged full day so be extra aware if you are not regular visitor to such hotel policy as compared to many globally.

Having said so, we have chosen this hotel after staying at Midtown Taipei which is far far bigger and comfortable which I would highly recommended but for Kaohsiung Midtown, HIGHLY NOT recommended for family!

Stayed: December 2017