US$35
D'well Hostel(Qianzhen)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsup marketpieceteppanyakiluxuryconversationbathlobby
Reviewed 28 May 2018

One can not really fault the hardwares. The rooms are big, beautifully decorated with taste and fine detailings. The art pieces in the Lobby are good conversation pieces.

The staff are young and friendly and are readily to assist.

There are 2 very up-market restaurants, UKAI TEI Teppanyaki and Ukai Tei Grill.
Both are very expensive but worth the price if one wants a memorable meal
Breakfast in the Jade Lounge is very good. It consists of a main in a bento box and
a buffet for juice and others.
There are plenty of casual and cheaper eatings outside the hotel.

The hotel has a no kids under 12 policy. This may raise some eyebrows, but to many, including myself, find it an unique and heavenly policy. One does not need screaming
kids when one is eating a nice dinner or having a relaxing swim. Please keep this up

Now,I would not stay anywhere else when I visit Kaohsiung again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kimcheemiso
822jimmyf, 總經理 at Silks Club Kaohsiung, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Kimcheemiso
Very warm greetings from Silks Club.
We were truly honored to receive you comment and rated us five stars. Thank you for highlighting our hardwards and fine detailing. Our efforts in the years of pre-opening time had paid off.
Having Ukai Te Kaohsiung as Ukai first overseas restaurant was something we were proud of. Their culinary experience of 53 years was truly amazing and we encourage you can also visit their other 15 restaurants in Tokyo, as many of them have been awarded Michelin stars. Just to share with you, in the end of this year, there will be Ukai Te Taipei will be launched in the primary Shi-yi district upcoming high-rise.
As for the no kinds under 10 policy, although was "shocked" by many in the beginning, but also was appreciated by travelers such as you to "answer" their needs when travelling.
We suggest during your next visit with us can join the art tour sure you will be more fond of Silks Club.
best regards

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel so much, I was sad to leave. Staying at this hotel enhanced my entire trip. I don’t think I would have enjoyed Kaohsiung as much if I didn’t stay here. The best part of the hotel is the people. They are so genuinely helpful and did everything they could to make both our stay in the hotel and our adventures outside of it as memorable as possible. We are particularly thankful to Rex Cheng - if you ever need anything, he’s the one to talk to! Rex is a star! Equally wonderful is the art piece in the lobby. It is mesmerising and serene. Watching it is like taking a bath for the soul - a perfect way to start and end the day. The rooms are also beautifully minimalist abs comfortable and the breakfast is great. Thank you Silks Club for our wonderful stay :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Phoebe F
822jimmyf, 總經理 at Silks Club Kaohsiung, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Phoebe F
We are truly inspired to receive such a great compliment letter to Silks Club and in particular highlighting Rex of his attentive service. We have a feeling that you have already become a fan of ours and that's an honor indeed.
Art is a fundamental element of Silks Club, the kinetic sculpture - dancing articles is sure a world class masterpiece that we feel very fortunate to work with talented team from German - the Art+com. You can also find their other famous works at Chang-Yi airport at Singapore also BMW museum at Munich.
Like you said, watching the move of kinetic is a good way to start or to end of a day, it has a magic healing power to let you smooth your mind. I personally "hang" around there when I need to.
There are more amazing stuffs awaiting for you to return to visit. Somehow we are sure the day will come very soon.

Best regard,

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Got the Junior king Suite. The rooms are of minimalist design, which makes staying in them quite comfortable with out overbearing. Nothing much to complained about. The Staffs are very courteous, which makes interaction a but unnatural, especially when on a holiday. Perhaps the staff can be less formal, but would choose to stay in the hotel again when in Kaohsiung

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Hxy E

Dear Hxy E
Very warm greetings from Silks Club!
We are so delighted to hear your feedback of your recent stay. Junior king suite is our third top ranking suite among 6 types of our rooms. It is an 80 square meters’ capacity with full view of the Kaohsiung harbor. We hope you surely enjoyed the great view.
Although Silks Club has 147 suite rooms however we have a team of total nearly 200 full time employees to serve our guests. We tried to recruit young, passionate but somehow maybe "less" experienced in service industry, that might explain the very courteous but a bit unnatural part. We are sorry to hear that and definitely we would use this precious comment to share to our team and seek for improvement.
Once again, thank you for your sharing on trip advisor and look forward to welcoming you back.

yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

It's February 19th today. Me and my family visit Kaohsiung for 3 days and we stayed in Silks club. It's the best hotel I've ever lived in! I love their breakfast and their tea. There is a gym and swimming pool here. Welcome everyone to stay here!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vivi C
822jimmyf, 總經理 at Silks Club Kaohsiung, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Vivi C

I must have overlooked to reply your comment. Please accept my deepest apology. We were glad to hear you and your family had a great time with us and us to be recognized the best hotel you ever lived in. To pursuit the continuous excellence is our goal, and we will continue to do so.
Thank you again for writing the comment, hope to see you back very soon.

best personal regards

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This is my second time visiting Kaohsiung. The appearance of the building is really impressive.The atmosphere makes me feel comfortable, and the service is good, too.
I think everyone should visit once.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 聿欣 王

Dear 聿欣 王

I must have overlooked to reply your comment. Please accept my apology. Thank you for your compliment and we will keep up the good work. We will be awaiting for your return soon. Anything I can be your assistance of, feel free to contact me directly.

best regards