Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ladybird

Bad allergy reaction in room, no attempt to investigate or help.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Apr 2024
The moment I check in on my first night into my room, I had non stop tearing and sneezing and my eyes were swollen and I didn’t sleep a wink. These symptoms only stop if I step out of the room. So I had to sit outside but it was full of mosquitoes. Had to choose between allergy reaction or getting fed to mosquitoes. Called my doctor who asked me to take two tabs of antihistamine. It helped but didn’t last for long. I just cannot be in the room. I suspect it was the air conditioning which is noisy ( probably old?) and may not have been serviced? The filter was in the ceiling n didn’t look clean. I am allergic to mould but this is purely my guess.
I was suppose to stay until I get my flights out of Phuket but I cannot bear even on second night I am still tearing and sneezing non stop. I have decided to check out tomorrow even though it means I lose my money. I will go stay in a previous Phuket hotel which I have no issue with. Spoke with the manager but she explained they cannot even give me any partial refund from my five nights booking. Yet nothing was offered to make my stay better, like trying to find out what is causing my allergy. they do need to take allergic reaction seriously.
Other points about the hotel:
Pros: nice landscaping , staff are cordial. Breakfast is a generous spread.
Cons: the bathroom is very odd and I can’t get my head around it. It has a very bad stale sour smell and I had to take quick showers because of that. The bathroom floor has bad drainage so it flooded the whole bathroom just with one shower. It is huge and dark and felt like a poor village shower room.
We were given a dried blood stained towel and a pink stained pillow case.
Beach during low tide is unattractive but no fault of the hotel as they do have a landscape pool to make up for that.
Date of stay: March 2024
HK$546
    HK$514
    HK$742
3.3 km from Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa
HK$1,803
No fees just great deals
    HK$467
    HK$1,240
2.5 km from Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Kamala
3,910 results
All reviews cable car private beach old siam crocodile bar hillside room lagoon pool low tide pool access room beach front hill side tuk tuk amazing pool romantic dinner free shuttle huge pool ocean view our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2024 via mobile

This has to be one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. The gardens are lush tropical paradises that seem to go on forever. Incorporating a huge lagoon of clear blue water that encircles the entire garden. It is peaceful and small toys and floaters are available for the children. We were with a five yr old and a three yr old and they had no problems without slides and fountains.
The breakfast was amazing, well organised, plenty of stations, no queues and plenty of choice.
Location not great. On the outskirts of town, no local shops or restaurants. You need to take a taxi everywhere. Hotel restaurant is good but expensive. A half litre bottle of water is £5. Go figure.
Shuttle bus is virtually non existent.
All public rooms, dining room reception are open sides so no A/C. This makes mealtime very hot and sweaty. Not comfortable at all. Shame.
Hotel bed rooms have A/C and have wifi although signal is poor.
Maid service could be better. Our rooms were never cleaned before 3 p.m. Just as you are getting back from the pool/ beach and want to shower / rest they arrive to clean the room.
Beach is not great. Very pebbly. Looks man made. No boat trips from our beach. Had to buy an expensive excursion.
Staff are lovely. Thai people are so kind.
Would have liked to be more positive but A/C wi fi and location are important to me. However really pleased I experienced this beautiful hotel.

Reviewed 11 April 2024

The hotel was beautiful and located in a quiet area. The staff and maintenance is extremely high quality. Buffet breakfast had an abundance of continental and local choices and was delicious too. The rooms were spacious, cooling, and had a spectacular view (we took the lagoon access room). The romantic dinner was an out of the world experience. Rofen and Boyd helped with all our special requests and swift checkout respectively. Thavorn resort is a Must Stay at Phuket ❤️

Room tip: The beach isn't a fine sand beach but it is a beautiful view with a reef nearbt, where u can go diving through programmes by the hotel.
Reviewed 11 April 2024

Came here for honeymoon and the stay was very good. Extremely pleasant. Environment was amazing. I have no complaints. Even did the romantic dinner package which was a very lovely experience. Boyd and Rofen from concierge has took care of us well and made the stay even better. Definitely will come back here again one day

Reviewed 9 April 2024

This luxury report has all the facilities you may need. Located in a beautiful beach, we stayed in a front beach cottage and the experience was amazing. A special mention to Tiffy from front desk that was very kind and helpful during our visit.
There's a free shuttle to Patong and Kamala Beach at different times. The resort is well suited for families with children with a huge lagoon-like pool.

Reviewed 9 April 2024

Horrible experience, very unfriendly staff.the site does not tell us that how painful it is to get to the rooms.vehicle they are using to transport their guest is highly questionable.The condition is pathetic. Please be very careful before booking this property.my personal recomandatiin is never book this property.

Date of stay: March 2024