Expedia
Agoda.com
3,788 results
All reviews cable car private beach old siam crocodile bar hillside room lagoon pool low tide pool access room beach front hill side tuk tuk amazing pool romantic dinner free shuttle huge pool ocean view our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have been twice to Thavorn Beach in the past two years (and going for a third time on this Thursday 12th April) and all I can say that this is the best place to stay in Phuket. Beautiful location, wonderful food, friendly service... it's really so good I keep going back! It's simply a little piece of paradise!!

Verschelde Glenn
Belgium

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The resort grounds were lush and spectacular, however, it seems an entirely different designer oversaw the bungalows which were highly in need of updating..seriously, a commercial style toilet in a hotel room..you know the kind with no back and a chrome level sticking out the side????..no screens at the windows, which were "louvered panes" so it was a free-for-all for bugs to come in at night...our bungalow had a back door that opened to a unsightly concrete footpad and a.c. housing..no landscaping there at all.. everything on the resort was overpriced..the spa, the restaurant..etc and there were no options unless u took the shuttle into town..peaceful nice beach though and great views..

Room tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Just got back from Thavorn Beach Village & Spa having spent four days there. Found the accommodation excellent. We had booked a seaview bungalow only to find out that we had been upgraded to a newly constructed/renovated seaview villa which was fantastic. The room was large, clean and had a very cool outdoor shower area which felt very different to anywhere I've stayed. Perhaps the only complaint was that the air conditioner was very noisy but I really dont think this was much of an issue for us at all. We had a nice table and chair setup on the balcony and the beach was only 20 meters away so sitting outside having a beer and a glass of wine was very therapeutic.

I disagree with previous writers having claimed that the hotel feels dated. I found it fantastic for the amount we paid for our four night stay. The only reason I can think for the mixed reviews is that the hotel has both cheap (bungalow) and expensive (suite style) accommodation with a large price differential. The hotel is essentially catering to a wide variety of clientele with different expectations. Those that are looking for a high end hotel may be disappointed but those that are looking for something on the cheap end but still nice are overawed. I've stayed at a number of hotels in Phuket and I found this to be excellent value for money and I don't really understand some of the negative reviews that I read before I stayed.

Perhaps my only gripe at all is the price of food in the hotel restaurants. My wife and I tried to travel into Patong most evenings as we found the price of food in the hotel extremely exorbitant .... although having said that, the quality was excellent. Basic chicken dishes are around 350B versus decent restaurants in Patong at 150-200B. For me this was probably a tad rich but the predominantly Russian clientele at the hotel seemed happy to eat at the hotel every meal without fail.

The beach is nice and secluded (though I think Naithon is nicer) and it's only a short distance to Patong which gives travellers the opportunity to be close to the hustle and bustle without being strangled by it. The tide was however a tad annoying as it would recede at aroudn 3PM each day making it virtually impossible to swim given the amount of coral on the seabed (beware precious feet).

All in all, a great stay, would recommend it for people looking for a cheap to mid range hotel just outside Patong. I don't know about you but Patong isn't where I like to stay but I don't mind visiting it once or twice while I'm in Phuket for 3-4 days.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Dragsworthy
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Well thats all said, great pool..
But then...
Small bungalows, old fashioned, overpriced minibar, overpriced restaurant, small old fashioned not working tv in my room, aircon without remote control. Shall I continue..
Ow well never mind.... But best pool I ever had in a hotel and I enjoyed the views!

1  Thank jjmhen
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

I would like to thank you on behalf of Thavorn Hotels & Resorts for posting your feedback of our resort on TripAdvisor.

Whilst I am delighted you enjoyed our stunning lagoon swimming pool, I am sorry to hear that you did not feel our Bungalows and restaurant prices matched your expectations.

Please be advised that from April 2012 we are carrying out a major renovation project of our Bungalow room types to be completed by October 2012.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Thavorn Beach Village and Spa in the near future to see the changes for yourself.

Kind Regards,
Roger Gibson
Marketing & Communications Manager.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Staff not friendly especially at front desk.
Aircon in fitness center does not work and it took 3 days to get a fan. (They told me to go buy one),
Hot water in shower sporadic.
There was a broken glass in my room when I arrived yet I was charged for it. I was also billed for mineral water I did not use.

Gardens gorgeous. Beach quiet. Breakfast good (but not clean enough).

Room tip: Make sure there is hot water. Ensure your chamber maid knows a word or two of English. Check your minibat billl every day.
3  Thank allan1949