“A must-stop on Bells Line of Road”
Review of The Hive Berambing

The Hive Berambing
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Berambing
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Description: THE HIVE BERAMBING in our newly renovated 1950's built apple packing shed. great food, local produce and the best coffee in town
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food and lovely people! Our group had some pies and some toasted sandwiches. All were outstanding. Pick up a loaf of housemade sourdough while you are there.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed 4 April 2021

Came across this cafe when I was planning for my Bilpin trip over the Easter long weekend, reading about the praises on their Apple cake. It was easy to find with lots of parking but then things turned south. My family was approached by waitress #1 while my wife was unpacking the lunch for our children just as I returned from my car to get my wallet to order. She was pointing to a sign saying something along the lines of tables and parking are not for public use and there is a fine of $100pp. I explained to her that I am about to go in to order our meals so off she went. While I was queuing to order, I could see 3 out of 4 staff, if not all, kept staring in the direction of the table my family was seated. It all made sense later when waitress #2 came over to our table after I've ordered and said outside food is not allowed, pointing at the lunch we are feeding our kids. Again, I've told her we've ordered and that was still not good enough for our child to have outside food. Now my 1.5 year old son is anaphylactic to diary, eggs and nuts so they picked on the fact we brought food for him without understand the situation to begin with. It's not like we are making use of their table without ordering any food. Plus, I thought it is a common practice for parents to pack kids their own lunch instead of having outside food. The hive toastie was good and chicken&mushroom pie was ordinary but I cannot comment on their apple pie because I didn't want to support their business any more. So if you are planning to visit this cafe, make sure there are food your children can eat from their menu otherwise I am sure there are plenty more kids friendly options around.

Date of visit: April 2021
4  Thank Tom010380
Reviewed 24 February 2021

Bought a yummy apple pie it was very very yummy friendly service and very very clean No problems with EFPOS

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank MissyBEE33
Reviewed 13 January 2021

It was a really nice and warm pumpkin soup with a side of sourdough. Slightly unusual as it had walnuts and slightly spicy.

The 3 cheese toastie was nicely toasted and tasted very yummy. The coffees hit the spot for a morning break.

Toilets were located outside next to the cafes.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

I’ve had the toastie each time I’ve been here and it’s been delicious. The staff are friendly and the restaurant is very clean. Worth stopping for this!

Date of visit: November 2020