Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Tunnel of Love
from US$224.56
More Info
All reviews the bus great place for pictures magical place tunnel mosquitoes rivne forest internet tourists station village repellent summer sign uah square google
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Worth the long 8 hour round trip.
I was lucky to be there on a day there were practically know one else, and the train came through as well.
I managed to walk about 2km (with insect repellent) but even with that the mosquitos were ferocious.
I came away bitten all over my body - I do not kid you - they get you through your clothes.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank meow_22
Reviewed 5 June 2018

while it is true it looks exactly as on the photos you see in internet, I don't regret taking all the effort I did to go there. very beautiful place.

some practical info if you are taking a public transport. I was travelling from Kiev and I took "marshrutka" that goest to Lutsk via Klevan. Don't do the same mistake. because this marshrutka doesn't enter the town of Klevan, stop is some 4km from tunnel. I think going to Rivne and taking the local bus would have been more clever, there is a local bus that passes through the town of Klevan.

in the tunnel you will feel loved... by mosquitoes :) so bring some good insect repellent and if you forget it, at the entrance you can buy it from souvenir stand. mosquitoes are smart, they don't start to bite until you walk some 200m, so don't be fooled :) I have never in my life seen that many mosquitoes.

when I arrived, there were two big tourist buses, so many people, but it was enough to walk 2km or so and no one was around (except the mosquitoes, of course).

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank cloud_nymph
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The Tunnel of Love is one of the most romantic and unusual attractions in Ukraine. It is shocks every traveller with incredible beauty and wonderful atmosphere.
If you want to come to the Tunnel of Love, you should take a camera with you, because you’ll definitely want to take some nice photos. The Tunnel of Love is visited by many couples who believe that if they make a wish here, if their love is sincere, their wishes will come true. So, the best company to you is your boy-/girlfriend. It is a forest and there is a large amount of mosquitoes here. So you should put some sprays in your bag.
You have to visit the Tunnel of Love in the nearest future. Enjoy your trip and time here.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank darynamelnyk
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Saw pictures of the tunnel of love on the web for unique places to visit. As I was picking our next destination the Ukraine kept popping up as a great place to visit and the tunnel of love sealed the deal. This was a day trip and we rented a car in Lviv to make it happen. Took us three hours to get there but was well worth the visit.
We visited on Thursday May 17th, 2018 and had plenty parts of the track to ourselves for pictures. We brought a good quality bug spray with us and NEEDED it!! The mosquitos were huge and swarming in a lot of sections. They do sell small cans at the two souvenir stands just not sure of the brand quality. You will need this don't forget to bring it. Another suggestion is to bring a change of clothing as we smelled like bug spray all day afterwards. We had wipes to clean our exposed skin which was helpful would be worth a wet cloth stored in a baggie. There is a small town that had a store for basics and a pit toilet on the second floor for a quick stop. The souvenirs stands mostly have magnets for sale.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Whatever it takes to put a town on the tourism map. A canopy of trees covers a roughly 3k stretch of railroad tracks. While the name is associated with a love story, the more sanguine explanation may have been Soviet efforts to hide a train line into a military base. Either way, it is a fun jaunt for whatever distance for photographs, especially without people in them. A train runs through the tunnel three times a week so you might be extra luck to catch a shot of it. Less interesting are the mosquitoes from nearby swampy waters. Have repellent handy if you have it. Some dogs will probably join you, likely obliging for a photograph. If you want a fridge magnet, a few sellers are on hand and the ubiquitous accordion player.

Date of experience: May 2018