Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
2,660 results
All reviews orange county infinity pool coracle ride reading room jeep safari private jacuzzi tribal dance nature walk luxury resort flora and fauna nagarhole national park bird watching special mention special thanks the cottages must visit place the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This trip could not have been memorable without Evolve Back's fabulous team of Naturalists with their deep knowledge, expertise and ever smiling at-your-service demeanour

I had the pleasure of interacting with 4 of them on our safaris and nature walk

My first morning jeep safari was made memorable by Sarath Remesh (LHS) whose friendly demeanour, interesting nuggets of information and introduction set the tone for the rest of my trips. On my special request he made sure to point all the birds and thus was my trip made memorable. I did one more safari and the nature walk with him which were equally good.

Shanmuga Kumar , though not in the pic also deserves a very special mention for his humor on the Boat Safari and attempts though unsuccessful to quieten a crying baby (if u cry, tiger will not.come!) . He was sweet to give me a private guided bird walk on the last day which proved to be a veritable feast.

Sarath Abraham (RHS) for the single minded focus to achieve leopard sighting and video recording.of same.

Tips to Jungle Safari Travellers

1. Pls do not go only with a focus to see the so called 'Black Leopard' or 'Tiger' . First you maybe invariably disappointed and by putting pressure on the naturalist to only see this you will miss the amazing diversity, flora and fauna of the jungle. Enjoy the Jungle in its entirety for its trees, its dry leaves, its lakes, the fish, the sky and the birds

2. While the safaris permit children above 2 yrs, PLS do NOT take your kids below 10 yrs to these safaris. It will be a torture for them, for you and the rest of the travellers. And neither will they remember or appreciate.

3. The obvious: Do as many safaris as possible and if in Evolve Back a bird watching session as the resort has an incredible variety of birds

4. Pls follow covid safety protocols including wearing masks.

5. The most Important tip: MAINTAIN SILENCE on safaris and bird watching trips. Inspite of Guides instructions Indians time and again fail to understand this.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a bit of an Evolve back loyalist. This was my 5th visit to a property of their's in the last 9 years. Cumulatively as a family we have done 8. Therefore it piques to write this piece of review, that, for a change, does not sing praises of an Evolve Back vacation.
My Evolve Back experience always started even before I put my car on ignition. A call from the property, a day before the check in wishing us a safe journey, asking for food preferences, detailing the weather, route, facilities at the property, Safari bookings if applicable etc. One is Bound to feel welcome with such kind of a call. Now a days we only get a customary call when we are already half through the distance only to verify if we would be checking in that day!! They still do ask for the food preferences though but that's pure lip service because, while the quality of food served was very average, what made it abysmal was the time taken to serve the same.
With, the buffet system at the honey comb restaurant, I did notice that they were grappling with providing the dishes at the counter, given the demand. Half the time the food at the counter was empty and you would be met with a standard response that you would be served at the table .
Then without any notice, there buffet system gives way to ala carte and if you hoped that this change is for the better, then you are in for a rude shock. I did not receive any link of the buffet beforehand and all we could do was go to the restaurant and hope there is something on the menu to your liking and then wait for eternity to have it served.
The food per se was strangely sub par. The spice levels were just not right to say the least. But my biggest qualm is that they simply cannot make the local cuisine or that matter anything South Indian. While Evolve Back is known to celebrate the local culture, customs and cuisine, the akki rotti was nothing short of abysmal. Even the standard sambhar and rasam were not palatable one bit. Add to it, the drudgery of the excruciatingly slow service.
Another aspect that is just not Evolve Back was the issues with the shower panel and the drain at the sink. With no adequate outlet for water, a 5 minute shower would mean you would be standing in ankle deep water which is the last thing you desire.
Not all was gloom with this visit of mine. Mr. Kishan, the naturalist did put in a lot of efforts to reserve seats for us on the Canter Safari and Mr. Chandan Kumar took pains in packing us food for a day trip of ours. Ofcourse, a well baked cake was provided to celebrate my wife's birthday.
But we all have been conditioned to expect such quality from Evolve Back, given how surreal my previous holidays were with them over the years.
This one, I hope is an one off aberration.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank karthik_opines
Evolve Back Resorts, General Manager at Evolve Back, Kabini, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,
Namaskara!
Thank you for taking time out to review our property We consider guest feedback essential to improving our experiences especially when it comes from our loyal guests such as you.
I regret to note that your experience with us was not up to the benchmarks we have set for ourselves in terms of the Evolve Back experience. I will not do you the disfavor of making any excuses but would like to simple state that that we have taken your feedback extremely seriously. I have taken up your feedback with the respective teams and would like to inform you that we have initiated the necessary remedial measures. I would like to assure you that we will successfully rectify all shortcomings.
I look forward to your return and another opportunity to create a holiday experience that is in keeping with the standards that you have come to expect of us.
Assuring you of our best attention and services at all times.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

With Covid keeping us locked in the house...Our family vacation was a very much awaited one...Am so glad,we chose Evolve Back as our destination.Right from Day one, their hospitality was too good.The location of the resort, made us forget about the city life,Covid.We had amazing food- yummy,tasty... The chefs did take of our needs.Our villas were big, neatly maintained.I had an awesome experience at the Spa as well.They had arranged for a cake for my brother's birthday party.I would definitely recommend this place for a calm vacation spot...Our forest safari experience was too good...Got to c the leopard and other animals.Keep up the good work, Evolve Back team!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great food , great service by mr Manish and team. Great view for a leisure holiday ! And great property too. Great wildlife to spot provided you have patience for it . One must surely even look at the shopping available at the venue . Some cool stuff

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

Amidst the COVID pandemic....being doctors working non stop all through the year....me and my husband decided to take a short vacation....and zeroed down on kabini....having visited evolve back Coorg in 2019, and given the current situation where we need to be cautious of the cleanliness and sanatization....we decided to stay at evolve back kabini because we were sure they would follow COVID protocols and keep us safe ( which they did)
The stay, view from the lobby, hospitality, housekeeping and food at both the restaurants was the best .... and special mention to Rupa and team for taking care of us
Coming to Safari...we were lucky to get all the jeep safari slots we wanted...and luckily multiple sightings in the nagarahole jungle....naturalists Kishan garu, sharat and Deepak, Shanmugam were very receptive and showed us around ... boat operators Gopal and team..were also very nice...the coracle ride was great...it was soo peaceful
Thank u evolve back and team for this amazing holiday ... the whole experience with the nagarhole , kabini river view and hospitality of evolve back...was great

Trip type: Travelled as a couple