I was about to write a very positive review of the Nai Harn as per our experience so far. However I am extremely disappointed to have to share my negative review here and why I would be cautious when booking this hotel.
On a Monday afternoon we headed to town around 2pm and came back to the hotel at around 9pm. When we got back and checked our safe we found that money was taken from the safebox. The money was brand new and in numerical order so we immediately knew which two notes were taken. We recognised the serial numbers that were missing and immediately went downstairs to report this to reception. The staff at reception did not seem sympathetic or concerned about such an occurrence. I told the staff that I would need to report this to local police to claim insurance and he subsequently told me that they will not come unless its a murder (fair enough). He told us to go to the local police tomorrow and I asked him a staff could come along with us but he said no. He told us that he would generate a report immediately and get back to us on the night to see who had accessed the rooms during the hours that we were out. The worst part was that he said it can’t assumed that anyone stole it because the safe was locked and no one has access to the safe. Although it is the safest option, it is known that hotel staff do have the ability to open safe boxes regardless whether they are locked.
The way the hotel reacted was rather pathetic and did not represent the service of a five star establishment. As a member of the leading luxury hotels, I would have expected a more proactive response. Subsequently we waited all night and we heard nothing from the manager who said he would generate a report for us. The next morning we still did not receive any news or follow up about the situation. The situation was handled very unprofessionally and as frequent travellers to Phuket, we will definitely not be staying here again. This is very unfortunate as the property and environment of the hotel is lovely.
Again, the hotel is nice and there is not one angle in which you cannot see the Nai Harn beach. The rooms are very clean and brand new, would recommend booking the grand ocean view room for a little bit more money (if you MUST stay here!!). The breakfast is limited and everything is covered with FLIES, however you are encouraged to order whatever you want the kitchen is happy to make that for you (which is great). Also, the hotel has the BEST pastry chef in Phuket, great pastries and it was the best part of the stay!! You will probably want to rent a car when staying here as it does take more than an hour to get to the property and there is honestly nothing to eat around the hotel (not even a family mart or 7/11). For the sake of convenience, I would recommend renting a car and the hotel offers free covered parking for guests.
However I would be vigilant when considering to stay at this hotel! The impression from our experience is that the hotel is not safe and this situation could happen again very easily to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following an extensive 18-month renovation, THE NAI HARN Phuket recently unveiled its complete transformation with a host of new features and culinary experiences to enhance its "best views over the best beach" reputation. As the only member of the Leading Hotels of The World on Phuket, the "remarkably uncommon" hotel offers the largest non-villa rooms on the island, and an equally generous culinary spread with the resort's signature restaurant Rock Salt featuring 50 Top Rosé Wines selected by globally renowned wine critic James Suckling. Part of the revamp includes a sprawling infinity-edged rooftop bar, a cocktail list prepared by former legendary barman Salim Khoury at The Savoy in London plus glamorous additions such as a "Press for Champagne" button in all suites, a mini putting green on select balconies and a BBQ Butler for bespoke sizzle sessions on private terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, WingontravelTA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your THE NAI HARN reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Phuket Yacht Club Hotel Nai Harn
- Royal Phuket Yacht Hotel
- Royal Phuket Yacht Resort