“Despite the lovely property, our hotel safebox was robbed and the hotel did nothing!!”
Review of THE NAI HARN

THE NAI HARN
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Nai Harn
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I was about to write a very positive review of the Nai Harn as per our experience so far. However I am extremely disappointed to have to share my negative review here and why I would be cautious when booking this hotel.

On a Monday afternoon we headed to town around 2pm and came back to the hotel at around 9pm. When we got back and checked our safe we found that money was taken from the safebox. The money was brand new and in numerical order so we immediately knew which two notes were taken. We recognised the serial numbers that were missing and immediately went downstairs to report this to reception. The staff at reception did not seem sympathetic or concerned about such an occurrence. I told the staff that I would need to report this to local police to claim insurance and he subsequently told me that they will not come unless its a murder (fair enough). He told us to go to the local police tomorrow and I asked him a staff could come along with us but he said no. He told us that he would generate a report immediately and get back to us on the night to see who had accessed the rooms during the hours that we were out. The worst part was that he said it can’t assumed that anyone stole it because the safe was locked and no one has access to the safe. Although it is the safest option, it is known that hotel staff do have the ability to open safe boxes regardless whether they are locked.

The way the hotel reacted was rather pathetic and did not represent the service of a five star establishment. As a member of the leading luxury hotels, I would have expected a more proactive response. Subsequently we waited all night and we heard nothing from the manager who said he would generate a report for us. The next morning we still did not receive any news or follow up about the situation. The situation was handled very unprofessionally and as frequent travellers to Phuket, we will definitely not be staying here again. This is very unfortunate as the property and environment of the hotel is lovely.

Again, the hotel is nice and there is not one angle in which you cannot see the Nai Harn beach. The rooms are very clean and brand new, would recommend booking the grand ocean view room for a little bit more money (if you MUST stay here!!). The breakfast is limited and everything is covered with FLIES, however you are encouraged to order whatever you want the kitchen is happy to make that for you (which is great). Also, the hotel has the BEST pastry chef in Phuket, great pastries and it was the best part of the stay!! You will probably want to rent a car when staying here as it does take more than an hour to get to the property and there is honestly nothing to eat around the hotel (not even a family mart or 7/11). For the sake of convenience, I would recommend renting a car and the hotel offers free covered parking for guests.

However I would be vigilant when considering to stay at this hotel! The impression from our experience is that the hotel is not safe and this situation could happen again very easily to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 715 was nice, on the side. Choose the grand ocean view room (nice big sunbed)
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Phoebe H
Frank G, General Manager at THE NAI HARN, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear Phoebe H,
thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us. While I am happy to read that you enjoyed almost all aspects of your stay, I am disappointed to read that the resort host's handling of your reported safety box incident was handled poorly. Allow me to contact you directly in this regard.
I wish to ensure you and all readers of this forum that at The Nai Harn we take safety and security very serious and have all systems in place, both in terms of hardware and procedures, to be prepared for any untoward incidents or accidents.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

I was so excited to visit the Rock Salt Restaurant as the new Nai Harn is so lovely.
However we all left a bit confused and disappointed, such a shame as the location is great for an evening drink.

We ordered two starters that we explained we would share.
Rawai Sea Gypsy Crab Cakes @ 450 THB and a Rock Salt Platter @ 620 THB
We really believed that we would get a small selection of food that could be shared between 4 people before our main course.
When the starters arrived there was only 1 crab cake and NO cakes as stated in the menu? I spoke to the staff and kindly asked them if this was a mistake, but after checking with the chef it wasn't.
The Rock Salt Platter was a little better but not worth the value again @ 620 THB unfortunately with 4 small lamb kofta balls.

I must mention the the food is super tasty for the morsels that you receive, just please Rock Salt can you review your menu and prices? Fries are currently 260 THB. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheLondonLife

Dear MakeUp-Hair-Designer,
Thank you for visiting Rock Salt. I am happy to read that you like the location of the restaurant and that the food quality 'was super tasty'. I am of course disappointed to read that you felt that the quantity of the appetisers you ordered was not to your expectation. Hopefully, the main courses lived up to your expectation. Allow me also to mention that our prices include 10% service charge and 7% government tax, i.e. there are no unwelcome surprises at the end of the meal when the bill arrives.
The Nai Harn

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I live in the north of Phuket and wanted a night away to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Amazing location with good service, really refreshing contemporary room design, modern food and a very impressive wine list. Would highly recommend anyone to stay here who's looking for a modern 5 star in a beautiful setting.

Stayed: May 2016
Frank G, General Manager at THE NAI HARN, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Jamie W,
thank you for coming all the way from the north to spend some time away. Glad you enjoyed it and that you will recommend us to your family and friends.
Kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I was travelling solo so i had arranged airport pickup. My flight was delayed for an hour but the lady was waiting for me at the airport with a huge smile. The driver -- top notch service, very sweet, he made stops at various beaches on the way to the hotel for me to take pictures. he even made an unannounced stop at the convenient store to pickup some cough candy for me when he heard me coughing. obviously i gave him a well deserved tip. Took me around 2 hours to get to the hotel but obviously i had no complains, he practically took me sight seeing at no additional cost.

The Hotel -- extremely clean and peaceful, breath taking view, you can hookup your own whatever device and blast your favourite tunes to their sound system. i spent a lot of time dancing with a strong buzz before hitting the beach everyday.

i paid for the cheapest room which was i believe the delux room. it's situated on the 9th floor. And like the other reviews said, the elevator only goes up to the 6th floor and the staricases are a bit of a mase, but i didn't mind the workout. i had a small balcony overlooking the ocean. if you wanna get the more expensive room with a huge balcony, you can practically host a barbecue, but you wont get a lot of privacy as the balconies below are all staggered and i can see everything from the 9th floor. bathroom is super clean, unlike other beach resorts i have been to before where the floor is all covered in sand. even the bath tub was sandless.

The Beach -- the first day i have apparently walked a little to far and gone to the public side which was filthy. There was plastic bags, potato chips bags, plastic bottles, even hangers floating around. i was quite disappointed. the Second day though, i stayed close to the resort and the beach was beautiful and very clean, no garbage at all. One thing though, i am a lousy swimmer, and the waves are too much for me. The staff here told me it's not normally this wavey. Not a bad thing, it was just quite a workout battling the crazy waves.

The Food -- nothing out of the ordinary, pricey? Well... what can I say, if i own the hotel i would probably price it the same. Local beer is cheap though, roughly USD 5 a bottle. I brought a bottle of champagne myself and the staff is happy to provide as many buckets of ice as you wish.

The Staff -- extremely friendly and helpful, very polite. Everyone i had passed by had greeted me with a big smile.

The only thing that might be a concern for those who don't like being sweaty -- the Second day the hotel has power outage on i believe three different occasions. I didnt mind being outside and sweaty, just that I couldnt play my music from the sound bar. No biggie.

Highly recommended for a quick getaway! Very happy with the customer service!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Frank G, General Manager at THE NAI HARN, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear Connie C,
thank you very much for taking your time to post your comprehensive review on this forum. I am delighted reading your kind words and that you were satisfied with the services we provided to you. I am sorry for the power outage, unfortunately, these things happen in Phuket more often than we all like.
I hope you have a chance to visit us again one day.
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I highly recommend the hotel, all the Nai Harn staff were friendly, attentive to every need/detail. Congratulations to all the Team. Our room was spacious and beautiful views with the Promthep cape and Nai Harn beach . The pool was a pure joy. We would recommend a visit to this Hotel, pure relaxation at the pool or just enjoying the hotels many facilities which are on offer . Breakfast was amazing with spectacular views and service with a smile. this place topped them all! The setting, the service, the food, it was all fabulous! Great hospitality highly recommend.
ขอบคุณมากๆนะคะ ประทับใจกับการไปพักครั้งนี้มากๆ พนักงานทุกๆคน น่ารัก ขอบคุณ แม่บ้านมากๆ นะคะ ที่ทำห้องให้ สะอาดเอี่ยมอ่องน่านอน ทุกๆวัน ขอบคุณพนักงานที่ Cosmo , Poolside และ Reflections ทั้งทีม Service & Kitchen staff กับการบริการดีๆยอดเยี่ยม และเป็นกันเอง ชอบคุณ Chef และทีมงาน kitchen staff ที่สร้างสรรค์อาหาร ได้สวยงามและหลากหลายแถมอร่อยทุกๆมื้อ สุดท้ายขอขอบคุณทีมงาน Front desk + Bell boy ทุกคน ที่ให้ความช่วยเหลือและความสะดวกสบายต่างๆ ขอบคุณมากๆนะคะ หวังว่าจะได้พบกันใหม่ ^____^

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear พรพรรณ ค,
thank you for taking your time to write so kind words about your recent stay with us. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.
We hope to be able to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nai Harn
0.6 km away
Sunsuri Phuket
Sunsuri Phuket
#2 of 6 in Nai Harn

Been to THE NAI HARN? Share your experiences!