Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews husband and wife team former school warm welcome lady owner very generous portions sunday lunch couple who run cooked to perfection would highly recommend this hotel boutique hotel lovely evening duck fantastic hosts lovely hotel beautiful room business trip cooked breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2021

I stayed at the Hickman whilst away for work. Dotty couldn't of been more accommodating. Once we'd checked in we wanted to sit outside to work and enjoy the sunshine, she went out of her way to move a table for us into the sun and checked on us regularly to refill our drinks. The food was the best i've personally ever had at a hotel of this size. Unusual menu options but I opted for the Hake and it was absolutely beautiful. Breakfast was equally as delicious. Room was clean and comfortable. The gardens surrounding the hotel were absolutely beautiful and the whole hotel just had a lovely warm and inviting feel to it. I would definitely stay here again if i'm ever in the area again for work :)

Date of stay: June 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2021

Really good hotel. Lots of parking space, the hotel has lovely modern room with everything you need in them, wifi , excellent food at good prices, the staff was friendly and helpful, with the rooms getting cleaned and water/milk in a fridge, coffee, tea getting topped up daily. Well recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Absolutely superb. Fòod was fantastic and delicious and the service was spot on. I felt comfortable and looked after in every way as they are following Covid precautions to the letter.
I shall definitely be returning again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2021 via mobile

A surprising find in a great hotel with a gorgeous garden. Full restaurant menu and all of a very high standard. Bedrooms very well furnished and bathrooms excellent and with all the extras. A really great place to stay although Gainsborough itself has little to see

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2021

I’ve been travelling for work for 14 years and this stands out on top for me. I discovered the hotel a year ago and whenever I am working in area I make sure I stay here. Fantastic food, not just fantastic food for a hotel kind of fantastic food but some of the best food I’ve had in any restaurant in all my years of travelling. I would highly recommend staying here just for the food alone. The Garden areas are beautiful and lovely to sit and enjoy a drink in. The Rooms are all unique and very tidy. The water pressure is excellent.

Room tip: If you enjoy a bath and a separate shower like I do I recommend the Hickman and the Billy Confrey rooms
Date of stay: April 2021