“family Night”
Review of Toscana

Toscana
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Hindley
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

came here with my family last week, what can i say the food was out of this world... ribs wer cooked to perfection (fell off the bone) risotto with seafood cooked al dente and fish inside wer very clean and freshly served... staff looked after us very well especially with the kiddies.. and the tiramisu was too die for...simply amazing night... well done to the owner and chefs. 5*****

will return

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Been there several times now.food is very good.service is very good.the place is comfortable with character.love going there.the difference between the portion sizes from when first visited is noticeable though .the staff are very pleasant and helpful and always on hand for you.will continue to go there as it is a good restaurant.

1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Heard lots of good things about this hindley resturant and wasn't disappointed.

All 4 of us had different meals.

Sea bass looked and tasted fantastic

Fillet steak was well cooked with a helping of king prawns.

Chicken salad was seasoned well and a good choice for those watching calories...

Rosato was fantastic...

The resturant is well decorated and would be fitting of a city..

Service was great...

Good local resturant and will return very soon..

1  Thank somhols
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Despite previously being here and having a good experience I’m afraid this time was poor.

Firstly let me say it wasn’t the food. They have an excellent kitchen and the food is excellent.

Firstly ordering drinks was a joke. We had 2 drinks all night because they just kept forgetting us. We’d order and it was initially wrong then the waitress would bring the drinks then we had to keep trying to attract their attention to get another. The clue is in a full table of empty glasses. The difficulty too was the lack of English speaking, which ok your dining Mediterranean but simple requests for raspberry gin was confused and Irish coffee confused for ice cream?

As I say the food was brill. The spare ribs fall off the bone and the skewers are amazing ( chicken or fillet steak)
We had to ask for steak knifes and even then we were half way through the meal before they brought one.
We asked for a side plate too which never appeared.

It was actually my birthday but to be honest I wasn’t expecting any fuss or music of any kind but when the waitress found as I had a birthday on the table from my friends. She simply said “is it your birthday?” I replied yes and she just said ohhh and walked to the kitchen. I thought maybe just maybe they might offer me a small glass of something just as a toast or even to say congratulations.

I have to say that one of the waitresses who also worked at frankie and bennys who we recognised was very nice and chatty and did her best but I just got the feeling they were either understaffed or couldn’t cope with the demand of a full restaurant. It seemed to show as the manager wasn’t his charming self. In fact he was a little flippant at times which when you’re frustrated doesn’t help.

I think it will be a while before we try again but as we’ve seen with this location that’s changed hands and cuisine so many times. Yes you need a good chef but you need to look after your customers otherwise you’ll join the long list of failed ventures as there are plenty of options within the area.

I hope they read this and work on the attention to detail i.e what the customer wants and needs. It would be a shame for this place to go to be honest.

Worth a try but disappointed this time.

1  Thank Toontour
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely Fabulous the food is wonderful we had the Calamari for a starter it was to die for the hanging kebab which was fantastic,it is such a great place to go and the staff are very friendly and welcoming,you have to try it..

1  Thank Lisa D