After spending 4 days in the ever so hectic Thai capital we were extremely excited to spend some quality relaxing time at The Pavilions. We had chosen The Pavilions out of a number of other choices despite the similarity from a few negative reviews. I would definitely have to agree with the review below. All the local staff were brilliant and definitely made our stay better. The staff at breakfast were attentive and sincere, they welcomed us everyday and made the extra effort. Similarly the room service staff, reception staff and maintenance staff all demonstrated service of high standards. But the villas really need a considerable amount of maintenance and repair. There is so much wear and tear inside the villa that we were reluctant to call it luxurious. The bedroom curtains had a massive rip, the wood on the bathroom cabinet was falling apart and the door from the pool to the bedroom did not close properly. Worst of all, it was unfortunate that we could see the broken roof tops of neighbouring villas. One of them was completely damaged with missing tiles and the another one had a black plastic bag like cover on top of it. It did not add to the romantic appeal the hotel was intending to go for.
There is wifi in the room and it was not of good connection as we had to reset it practically everyday as the plug is too heavy for the wall and keeps on falling out.
Another point to mention was that the housekeeping needs to be a little more attentive. We had a problem with the air conditioning, as it was leaking water from the walls. Housekeeping did not clean up the water on the floor or walls when they were here and only did so when we mentioned the problem. The staff are lovely but they do need to check and refill things. The guys who cleaned the pool every morning were amazing, they always came no matter the weather!!
As we had purchased a package, we never received our complimentary champagne after looking back at what was included which was strange.
The food at The Pavilions was excellent. The breakfast menu had a balanced variety of Thai and Western choices. The room service menu is well balanced however I would like to have ordered Thai desserts which was unfortunately not on the menu. The food is of good quality however we did find the room service to be a little inconsistent with the servings.
On a more positive note, the massage was amazing! Probably the best I have ever had in Thailand. As they really tended to an individuals needs, it really felt good. Also being able to have it at the connivence of your own villa is wonderful. They brought all the right equipment and made it an exceptional experience. Staff are very helpful and efficient, thought that they really took care of us well. The view of the Ocean Pool Villa is stunning but would recommend the front villas as you will not be able to see the roofs of other villas.
Overall the main issue is the presentation of the property as it needs immediate attention to keep up with the competition. Wouldn't really expect problems like this to be associated with Relais Chateaux. At the moment I am a little hesitant to recommend this hotel because of it does not quite meet the high standards of a true five star property. Many of the reviews mention the same problem but it seems that they have not been properly addressed yet. All in all the place is still good but not of our expectations and general standards as it could have potential be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high above Layan Beach, The Pavilions Phuket is a resort as spacious as it is private and peaceful. From our spacious newly appointed 81 sqm one-bedroom suites to our signature private pool villas, we are a haven of tranquility. Enjoy an array of restaurants including: our open air The Plantation Club for modern Thai and international favourites, Firefly set next to the largest freeform pool in Phuket for wood burning oven pizzas, grilled specialities and more, and 360 Bar, one of the best loved places in Choeng Thale for cocktails, asian tapas and sunsets. We also offer a wide range of in-villa dining options, including seafood bbqs. Our resort also features an award winning spa with yoga pavilion, fitness centre, and pools. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to relax and reconnect, The Pavilions is your perfect intimate escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pavilions Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pavilions Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Phuket Pavilions Hotel Cherngtalay
- Phuket Pavilions Cherngtalay