Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
Hotels.com
Expedia
US$72
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Renaissance HotelsUS$73
Agoda.comUS$72
Trip.com
4,265 results
All reviews sand box loca vore thai restaurant quan spa sandbox restaurant sand bar pool villa deluxe room breakfast buffet turtle village kids pool thai boxing mai khao beach eggs benedict main pool free shuttle executive chef
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

Exceptional Service
Excellent Facilities

This review is based on a week- long staycation as part of a longer holiday experience in Phuket. Since so many reviews provide more of an overall perspective I’ll focus this review on the following: Service and Facilities.

While I usually expect Thai hotels to provide exemplary service, the Phuket Renaissance staff far exceeded my expectations and prior experiences at Marriott properties. The key for me was the authentic interactions. You can tell when a staff member is putting on a fake persona ( just visit most chain hotels in USA). But on this property staff members were truly interested in conversations and more importantly, focused on ensuring your needs were met.

Obviously this property’s leadership team had done an outstanding job setting a positive climate which results in a high level consistent service across departments. It has been a pleasure getting to know the staff here and I look forward to sharing this experience with many friends post Covid.

The second area I’ll review is the facilities. While on holiday I still enjoy time for fitness and the Renaissance fitness center was the perfect place for a solid workout. The equipment is Life Fitness and appears new. Plenty of machines to use and a range of free weights to compliment your routine. There’s also plenty of cardio options AND the staff offer free daily classes.

I took the early morning ab/stretching class with Kuhn Leem and while it was tough; he also made it fun. I strongly recommend this young man as a PT and will schefule private trainings next visit.

The property also offers bikes to cycle around the property but you can also go outside the hotel and explore the local area. There’s about a 3 km ride around a very beautiful lake filled with nature. It’s a great early morning ride. The other option is a jog or walk in the expansive beach. I suggest early morning or evenings at sunset. Spectacular.

I also got in a couple fitness massages at the spa. This is another beautiful part of the resort and the mood is all about relaxation and calmness. The herbal tea after the sessions at the fish pond was incredible.

Let me conclude my a review of my room: Garden pool villa. Talk about serenity and privacy. Huge space with a very comfortable bed and string shower. The wifi works consistently throughout the property and there are plenty of outlets for your devices.

So - if you’re looking to escape the madness of Covid or of daily life - then the Renaissance Phuket is your choice. Trust me when I tell you that you’ll be glad you did so.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ErickT57
Brad Edman, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Good morning from Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
We really would like to thank you for both your review, and for staying with us for a week. We loved having you stay with us here on the beautiful Mai Khao Beach.
We very much appreciate you sharing your feedback in such detail, and on the service and facilities. It is a real delight to hear how much you enjoyed the Renaissance service and the friendliness of the associates. They are all very genuine and love what they do each day, and I am lucky to work with such a fantastic team. Covid has certainly placed a heavy share of challenges on the hotel industry, however, during such times our leaders and all our associates have come together as one and ensured that our guests are always the priority. We thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for recognising the team.
It is also great to hear how much you enjoyed the fitness centre and the facilities. Khun Leem is a famous personal training and while he plays the tough guy, he really puts a great deal of effort into exceeding the guest’s objectives, and of course putting them through some hard work.
Riding around the national park is indeed one of the most rewarding and relaxing experiences in all of Phuket, especially for our gests escaping the hustle and bustle of the city. The lake ride which is on our doorstep is beautiful and the nature really delivers a sense of freedom and relaxation.
Lastly, your feedback on the pool villas is appreciated. As our most popular rooms, our guests love the space and shilling in or around the pools. Next time we need to reserve an ocean front villa for you for even more luxury and space!
Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your amazing review. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Your villa will be waiting!
Brad
General Manager and Multi Property Vice President- Marriott International Phuket

Reviewed 14 January 2021

ตั้งใจว่าจะเจอสิ่งดีๆ เมื่อเลือกเเล้วที่จะมาพักที่ Renaissance Phuket resort & spa
ได้ห้อง 329 สิ่งที่เจอคือ
อย่างเเรก Rain shower ใช้ไม่ได้ ไม่มีนํ้าออกมา
เเต่ยิ่งกว่านั้นคือ *****
เมื่อเปิดผ้าคลุมเตียงออกมา ผ้าปูที่นอนเปื้อนมีคราบสกปรกอาจเป็นคราบประจำเดือนหรือรอยคราบอุจจาระของคนพักคนก่อน เเล้วยังส่งกลิ่นด้วย เเล้วเมื่อเปิดออกดูอีกชั้น เจอชัดเจนขึ้น สกปรกสุดๆ ช่วงนี้สถานการณ์แบบนี้ นี่หรือคือ การรักษามาตรฐานสุขอนามัยของโรงแรม Renaissance Phuket
ตอนนั้นเที่ยงคืนครึ่งเเล้ว เลยไม่ได้ย้ายห้อง พนักงานมาเปลี่ยนให้ใหม่ เเต่เราก้อนอนไม่หลับเลยทั้งคืนเพราะความรู้สึกมันเเย่ๆมากมาก เช้ามาเลยคุยกับพนักงานระดับ manager ผู้หญิงคนหนึ่ง พูดจาเเย่มาก มีช่วงที่สั่งให้เราไม่ต้องพูดเเต่ต้องฟังเขา เขาบอกว่า คิดว่าเเม่บ้านทําให้สะอาดขึ้นเเล้ว น่าจะพักได้ นี่หรือคือความคิดของระดับ manager เเล้วยังบอกว่าการที่เขาให้ check out late ได้ถือเป็น compensate เเล้ว ( ทั้งๆที่เรามา check in ก้อเกือบหกโมงเย็นเเล้ว )
พูดจาเเย่มากกับลูกค้า และ ไม่มีความเเคร์อะไรลูกค้าเลย
สุดท้ายให้ทดเเทนเป็นเเค่คูปองหนึ่งพันให้ใช้ในโรงแรม ซึ่งมันทดแทนไม่ได้กับความรู้สึกที่เสียไปเมื่อเจอสิ่งสกปรกสุดๆแบบนี้ ไอระเหยที่เข้ามาทางจมูกอีกด้วย เเละการพูดเเบบไม่ให้เกียรติลูกค้าเลย
เรื่องจริงที่อยากส่งต่อ ไม่อยากให้ใครเจอเเบบนี้ค่ะ

Terrible problem solving

First time and last time at Renaissance Phuket.

1  Thank napinanl
Brad Edman, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Good morning
Congratulations on your first review on TripAdvisor.

It was my pleasure meeting you during your short stay. The safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards for all our associates and guests is our number one priority. I would like to assure you that the rain shower was in good working order and that all linen was fresh and clean on your arrival. This is as per our discussion when I met, and also based on the discussion with a number of our managers that also met you.
At all times, our duty is to provide a great resort stay for all our guests and we are sorry that you felt we did not deliver on this occasion.
regards

Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

We loved our time at this hotel. It is very peaceful and designed with tranquility in mind. The kids club is fabulous with a mini kids water splash park behind it with lovely pool chairs for lounging while your kids play. The Sandbox restaurant had delicious food and the infinity pool and beach are perfection! The Manager (Roxanne) was very friendly and helpful! We left feeling relaxed and happy with our stay. Breakfast is SUPERB the restaurant is stunning! Great job Renaissance your standard of service is outstanding!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Patty C
Brad Edman, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Good morning from Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
We really appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the resorts design, the kids club and the overall kids experience. The breakfast is known as the best on the island, so we really appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share with the team. We will also recognize Khun Roxanne for taking such great care of you.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

The design of the hotel is great. Rooms are elegant. I like the modern touch combined with great green architecture. My kids loved the breakfast buffet. I agree it has a wonderful selection of different foods incl. ice cream. Great value for money. We definitely come back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 958axeln
Brad Edman, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Good morning from Renaissance Phuket
Wow…we love reading your review! Thank you for staying with us here on the beautiful Mai Khao Beach and in Phuket’s most chilled national park. Ice cream at breakfast is a must, especially for the big kids, as is the new range of curries. Today is the southern crab curry and it’s super tasty!
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon and I will be sure to see you at the ice cream counter at breakfast!

Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

Clean room (very good maintenance), comfortable bed which is i love it, lovely nice beach that can be jogging along the beach 6-10 km or longer without any obstruction from another hotel or community. Don’t miss Breakfast here I would say excellence! A lot Coffee menu you can choose and all recommended importance thing is amazing staff here very nice, professional and very responsive to our need love to talk them. (Special thank for Anucha, he did a great job for taking care all customers during breakfast)

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jitmas
Brad Edman, General Manager at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Good morning from Renaissance Phuket Resort
Thank you for your review and for staying with us here in the beautiful Mai Khao national park. We are delighted to read all your fantastic comments and feedback, especially about the breakfast experience which is known as the best breakfast on the island. We will be sure to recognize Khun Anucha on taking such amazing care of you8 during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Happy Holidays!