All reviews attention to detail the owner restored castle barolo and barbaresco di sinio glass of prosecco executive chef scrambled eggs chapel suite the entire staff michelin star piedmont region wine tour truffle hunt cooking class every aspect world class
Reviewed 9 June 2017

This is our third visit to Hotel Castello di Sinio and I can't believe it is better than went we were their in 2015 and it was excellent then. Service, food, improvements to the indoor breakfast area, the little extras here and there all add up to A++++ accommodations. and her staff treat you like family. They try to accommodate your every request. We spend four nights this time and wish it was longer. We are already planning our return trip in 2018.

Room tip: We have been in a total of four different rooms so far and all are fantastic.
Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Enchanting yet modern, sophisticated yet unpretentious, serious yet relaxed, private yet warmly friendly. The balance that has been created and maintained by Denise and her staff is inspiring. It's an illustration of what can be achieved when you commit yourself to excellence for the purpose of serving others because you love what you do.

Attention to detail and uniqueness of service is an understatement. Denise clearly demonstrated to us during our stay that she considers the uniqueness of every single guest's needs. Using her personal judgement to create the best experiences possible.

I don't want to give away any little surprises, as my husband said: it's worth not reading the reviews, so hopefully you can be delighted by some of the little things they did for us during our stay.

I highly recommend dinner at the restaurant. It was superb. My husband and I are passionate cuisine lovers and we were delighted with each course. The amuse-bouche we were served still makes me salivate when I think of it.

I honestly can't praise our experience enough, and encourage you if you're considering a stay, to book while it's available. It's comfort, relaxation, and welcoming unpretentious luxury in such a beautiful part of the world. If your concern is not the hotel, but what to do, Denise and her staff will help you plan your activities perfectly. It's all available to you.

I'll close with this: Sitting in the pristine garden on a sunny, Italian afternoon, feeling the sun on your skin, sipping a glass of wine, enjoying a small plate, listening to the quiet combination of birds chirping, the fountain trickling, and guests chatting beside the pool, while the staff quietly and swiftly moves about in the beautiful, serene setting is likely the closest thing to heaven on earth.

Thank you Denise for the wonderful stay. Should we ever find ourselves in that part of the world again, we will unquestionably be back. Hopefully with friends.

Room tip: The loft suite would be ideal for families. The loft, located above the main bed, has two twin beds.
3  Thank Nicole D
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Fabulous 4-day stay recently that was the highlight of a two-week Italian tour with close friends. To cut to the chase, Denise Pardini is the best hotelier that we have ever encountered. She's figured out what her guests might enjoy and has it teed up before you think to ask. An inspired chef who offers a dinner menu featuring the best of the Piedmontese cuisine served by the finest team that one could hope to find. A perfect wine list to savor in a gorgeous setting. To say the staff is well-trained doesn't do them or Denise justice. I suspect she's very selective when viewing prospective employees. Just a great place owned by a great lady.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Larry211
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We had the most fantastic, wonderful and memorable five-day stay at Castello di Sinio. It is outstanding on every level! Let me start with the proprietor and chef Denise Pardini. She is gracious, organized and completely dedicated to making sure that you have the best time ever. She organizes private winetastings that are well worth the money. Her food is simply delicious. We dined at the restaurant three out of five nights. Every course was delectable. The staff is well-trained and kind. The furnishings and fabrics are exquisite. The rooms are spacious and elegant and are comfortable in every way. Did I mention the views from room? Spectacular! If you were planning a trip to Piedmont, this hotel is a must.

1  Thank 510happytraveler
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Denise is a master hostess and chef. Everything at the hotel has been perfectly curated and thought out. There is no detail left out. Denise is an expert on everything in the area, from hikes and restaurants to wines and wine tastings. She is a treasure trove of information and is eager to share her knowledge with her guests. Denise would literally plan your entire vacation for you. The on premise restaurant was excellent. A lovely room with Michelin quality food and service. The hotel is a perfect home base to explore the Barolo and Barbaresco areas. Isabelle, the front desk manager, is also an excellent host and can help you with any of your questions. If you stay here, use the resources offered. The entire staff is there to serve the quests and they all know what they are talking about. I can't say enough good things about this property and staff.

Room tip: We had the Royal Tower Master Suite. Amazingly large room with a sitting room and two bathrooms. A lovely view, both day and night.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends