1,454 results
All reviews undersea restaurant ocean villa our honeymoon all inclusive package special thanks private pool bar manager wine pairing once in a lifetime direct access fish airport lounge an amazing experience heaven on earth water activities all inclusive plan champagne bar
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We've stayed 5 nights in ocean villa with private pool sunrise. Originally booked 3 nights in sunset ocean pool villa and 2 nights in beach sunset pool villa and changed to ocean pool villa. On arrival we asked to change from sunset to sunrise (the view from sunrise was much better), and the next day we moved to the sunrise villa.
The villa is spacious, nice shower with view to the lagoon.
The private pool is big and welcoming.
The breakfast at the canneli was very good, nice variety and great view.
5.8 restaurant is a must, we booked for lunch 2nd seat from 14-15:30, excellent food and service.
The Dream island is something you dont want to miss, private 2 hours was unforgettable!!
The cocktail party was much appreciated while the resort management staff mingled with the guests p.s. the sunset was amazing!!!
The house keeping was greate.
The coco bar was a great place to go in the evening for some snacks and drinks (thank you Ruhan and Dennis for the good time).
DJ and Live band were awsome.
Flight from Male airport took 40 minutes followed by 5 minutes speed boat from Kuradu to Hurawalhi.
Cief Engineer does great job solving our problems in no time! Thank you very much for it, it's not taken for granted!
Few cons:
1. Variety of food would be appreciated.
2. The ocean villas privacy is somewhat disturbing due to close proximity.
3. The hotel is not Drone friendly on the main island while the Dream Island is welcoming and perfect spot for it and the hotel encourages you to fly it on the Dream Island.

Perfect vacation.
Thank you all for making our vacation unforgettable!!!

Shai & Naama

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank shaimishaeli
CCRMaldives1, General Manager at Hurawalhi Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear shaimishaeli,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you to our island once again where as a returning guest you can enjoy our exclusive repeat guest benefits.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We didn't think that Hurawalhi could get any better, but, as we discovered on our second visit eight months later, it most definitely did!

The AIP has been improved by the inclusion of signature cocktails, two meals at Aquarium restaurant, and the buffet has an even larger variety of foods - including a vegan section.

The service was just as impeccable as previously, the staff just as friendly and welcoming. A special mention to the chefs, who went out of their way to prepare special food for us.

We also enjoyed cocktail classes with Dennis, and a great wine tasting experience with Retheesh.

The villas have also been improved, with snorkeling gear provided, and a bottle of champagne and fruit basket waiting on arrival.

The departure process is also much easier, with guests now accommodated (with drinks and snacks) at the Hurawalhi lounge instead of having to wait at the Male airport.

The only improvement we can suggest is to provide guests with the option of harder mattresses and pillows, as the current ones are a bit on the soft side.

Will we be back for a third visit? Most definitely!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nakkiran

Dear Nakkiran

Sunny Greetings from Hurawalhi Island Resort !

Thank you for returning to Hurawalhi Island Resort once again and thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review.

There is nothing more satisfying for our team than to greet a returning guest as they do love the challenge of making this stay even better than your last.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our AIP.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you for yet another visit to Hurawalhi Island Resort.

Bradley Calder,General Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Hurawalhi will provide you with a full Maldives experience away from the crowded resorts. A truly intimate experience with the most available and helpful staff you can wish for. The hotel makes a real effort to provide you a lifetime experience and always go the extra mile to fulfill your expectations. You just can’t go wrong with Hurawalhi. Check their bucket list it will sure keep you busy and will provide you experiences to remember.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joao_A_Pereira

Dear Joao_A_Pereira,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

It is great to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your recent stay with us. Thank you for recommending our Bucket List.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I visited Hurawalhi for my 31st birthday, after doing months of research of Maldives hotels. After being sold on Hurawalhi partly because it was a newer resort, the underwater restaurant and all of the amenities I was looking for, I secured my dates.
I had been contacting the resort prior to my arrival and I always received prompt responses and all of my requests had been granted.
I arrived on a 12pm flight, we weren't able to head to the resort right away as we had to wait for other passengers. However, while we we waited in Hurawalhi's lounge, they checked us in, and took any additional requests so that was on less thing we had to do upon arrival.
There was one stop at a neighboring resort so keep this in mind if you want to maximize your time on your arrival day. It is about a 40 minute seaplane ride plus a 5 minute speedboat ride.
We probably got to the resort about 4pm (keep in mind the time on the islands is one hour ahead than the mainland).
We got a quick run down as we were driving via cart to our over water sunset villa. The room was immaculate, fully stocked and the view was breathtaking. Gasim took excellent care of us during the stay. He was always readily available and was always seen around the resort ready to help.
The resort is adults only which made it very quiet, I never knew how many people were on site until dinner time at the restaurants where there were many people.
There was always seating at the infinity pool and the food was great.
The day of my birthday, I went for breakfast, and retuned to find my room cleaned with a "Happy Birthday" across the bed, again at dinner I had a special table set up with "Happy Birthday" spelled out. The employees always greeted me by name which was very welcoming.
The underwater restaurant was a great experience, definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. With reservations only it was vey intimated and we got to see the water during the daylight 6pm, up until nightfall about 7:30pm.
The resort definitely did not disappoint. The last night of my stay my flight stay my flight didn't depart until 11pm, Gasim granted us a late 4pm checkout and then arranged a 3 hour tour of Male for us while we waited to leave.
Overall, if I could give Hurawalhi 10 stars I would. If I have the opportunity to return, Hurawalhi will be the spot for mw.

Room tip: Choose a room closer to the Champagne bar for better privacy
1  Thank KrysEdeal

Dear Krystle S,

Sunny Greetings from Hurawalhi Island Resort !

Thank you for selecting Hurawalhi Island Resort to celebrate your birthday and thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We are all pleased to read that you had such a magical time and thank you for recognising all the Hosts who made your holiday so special. I will share your special thanks with my team for exceeding your expectations.

We hope your fond memories of Hurawalhi Island Resort will inspire you to return one day, please sign up to our newsletter at our website to be kept informed of our upcoming promotions

Bradley Calder,General Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Overall a good resort to stay at if you can ignore the poor food options.

PROS:
-Staff - generally friendly. Our point of contact, Asumi, was very friendly and patient. We changed our schedule multiple times yet she was more than willing to assist us in cancelling/rebooking. Quite helpful with advice and was always checking up on us to ensure our stay went well. We haven't experienced this sort of excellent customer service for a long time. The rest of the staff were either quite friendly and accommodating or indifferent. Special mention to the chefs who went out of their way to ensure our dietary requirements were met.

-Facilities - Beautiful, picturesque waters. Minimal bugs. Plenty to do around the island. While there were plenty of other guests on the island, it didn't feel that way. Villas were pretty soundproof, direct access to the ocean from the villas was a plus. Weekly gatherings were arranged so guests could get to know each other if that's your thing.

-Activities - friendly staff and plenty of activities available. Of course they were quite expensive but that's to expect at an island resort I suppose.

-Massage was average, nothing special.

-Organization - Trip was well organized (well, as much as you could expect in Maldives). Seaplane ride was excellent and professional.

CONS:
If there's one reason why I may not decide to come back to Hurawalhi, despite it being such an excellent facility with overall very good customer service, is the food. The food, while hygienic, was not that great. The quality and variety was just not there. We had to regrettably cancel our candlelight dinner because I was so disappointed with the food.

a) Variety - it's the same few dishes served everywhere (with some slight modifications), whether it's the undersea restaurant or the candlelight dinner or during the dinner buffet. It gets old after 1-2 days.

b) Presentation was good. The food looked good but the taste was...not upto par.

c) Taste - let's just say, for a $80 USD per person dinner buffet, I expect much better tasting food. The seafood didn't taste fresh. We've had better seafood in Singapore at a local restaurant.
The Maldivian fish curry was good. It's disappointing that there weren't many Maldivian dishes available.
The other curries tasted like $10, 3-4 day old curries they make in Australia.
The dessert was pretty good, including making fresh jalebi in front of you
The undersea restaurant seafood and vegetarian options were pretty bland.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank pacman99

Dear pacman99,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We do pride ourselves on our brand of genuine hospitality and service and it is great to read that our team of Hosts made such a positive impression on your stay

Our Executive Chef and his team tries their very best to offer a wide variety of fresh, delicious and creative cuisine from all over the world, which has been commended by numerous guests for the exquisite and assorted delicacies offered. However, I do regret that these were not to your liking.

Despite of the shortcomings, I am happy to see that you still had an excellent stay. We hope to see you soon, where you will give us another chance to provide you with more memorable experiences of Hurawalhi.

Hurawalhi island Resort