Review Highlights
Thank you!!

I was reminiscing about our incredible trip to Palau in 2015 and was hoping Peleliu Adventures Tour... read more

Reviewed 16 April 2022
nanikahonua
Honolulu, Hawaii
via mobile
WWII Tour

Reviewed 21 April 2019
Stephen M
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

Went to Peleliu to see if we could find where my uncle was killed during the battle for Peleliu during WWII. Des was able to take us to the approximate spot of where he was killed. Most people spend a day on Peleliu... we spent 10 days!! Des kept us busy. We toured the island on bikes. Trekked into the jungle and swam to the reef. If you are a WWII buff or just want to get away from the rest of the world try Peleliu Adventures.

Date of experience: February 2019
2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

We did a day tour of Peleliu with Peleliu Adventures and it was great! The guide was knowledgable and the sites were well-chosen. The island has so much history, our only regret is that we didn’t stay longer!

Des was also able to accomodate us and add a snorkelling stop along the way which was perfect for us. Definitely recommended!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank TP1404
Reviewed 5 February 2019

We spent an amazing day on Peleliu with Des of Peleliu Adventures. Des is a wonderful host and tour guide, he was great with our children (ages 8-14) and completely catered our day to our wishes. He is so knowledgable and helpful as a guide. If given the option, definitely choose the local lunch, so delicious! We cannot recommend this tour enough!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank julibarr
PelAdvTour, Manager at Peleliu Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the tour of Peleliu. It's always nice to see children interested in history as well as the cultural aspects of the tour such as your local lunch. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you all again soon...Safe Travels!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I visited Palau for 12 days and stayed in Koror, but through “Peleliu Adventures” and Des, I visited Peleliu for 3 days and 2 nights. He had a boat meet me in Koror and we docked in Peleliu about an hour later. All three days were an amazingly fun, entertaining, and educational trip in which I could not have done on my own. I would definitely recommend “Peleliu Adventures” to anyone who's planning a Palauan trip and would suggest at least a few days down in Peleliu to get the full experience. Des and his wife are truly knowledgeable and kind, provided a room as well as meals really made the adventure experience simplified. As I was filming a documentary about my cousin's WWII service there, Des even rescued my errant drone that “got away from me” on the Airstrip! So he definitely went above-and-beyond as a tour guide, host, and now new friend… I look forward to going back soon!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank DamonStout
PelAdvTour, Manager at Peleliu Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Peleliu, Palau and equally happy to help in any small way to your film project. Best of luck to you and your project...safe travels!!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was in Palau for just under a week visiting family. Part of our visit included this must do tour with Des Matsutaro. Not only is he knowledgeable about the island and its culture, he's well versed on all parts of the history of the island, its occupation, the Battle of Peleliu, and how the island has changed post war. We spent the day driving and hiking through the jungle visiting the numerous relics, caves, buildings, and other scars left by WWII.

Spending a day with Des and his team is a must do while in Palau!

Date of experience: March 2018