21 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$313
Official SiteUS$285
Vio.com
4,700 results
All reviews black ginger tin mine indigo pearl adult pools d buk suite tin mining family pool pearl bed suite coqoon spa industrial design tongkah tin syndicate pool suite swim up bar our honeymoon cooking class thai restaurant outdoor bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2022

Great resort, good location on Nai Yang Beach, great staff. When we last stayed at this resort 10 years ago, it was known as the Indigo Pearl. Only the name has changed, service remains the same and the staff are efficient and super friendly and helpful.

Room tip: All rooms, no matter where you are are all good
Date of stay: September 2022
Claude Sauter, General Manager at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this review and for your return visit to The Slate. This means a lot to us.
I am delighted to read that once again our team exceeded your expectations. A lot of our associates were already here 10 years ago and we believe this is one of the reasons the standards and service remain efficient, yet friendly.

We can't wait to welcome you back (please don't wait 10 years :-) and do contact me directly, and I'll be more than pleased to assist you with the arrangements.

Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

My family had a wonderful stay here. We booked the 2 bedroom Shell Pearl Suite for 2 adults and 4 kids. the moment we checked in at 9pm we got greeted with cold towels and a welcome drink. I received a beautiful fresh flower wrist corsage. The reception staff came with us to show us around our suite. It was very spacious. We stayed in room 1301 in block A. This location worked well for us. We were close to Tin Mine where we had our buffet breakfast daily, the family pool, lobby and a short walk to the beach.
We got allocated our 24hr butler, Ei helped us with whatever we needed. The mini bar was included and replenished daily. My husband and I got a 1hr couples massage which was fantastic and very relaxing.
The choice at breakfast was amazing. We stayed 5 nights and I still haven’t tried everything. The staff all couldn’t do enough for us.

The resort’s prices were similar to what we pay when we travel in Australia.

We walked to Nai Yang beach and there were plenty of local restaurants and convenience stores which served similar food for less than half the price at the resort.

Our booking also included a 3 course dinner at Black Ginger. This restaurant was located in the resort. The entrance to the restaurant was phenomenal. We had to take a raft across the blue lagoon. When we arrived the staff didn’t find our booking which was disappointing but they had a table outside available for us. Make sure you bring insect repellent. The food was local Thai food plated nicely. It was a little underwhelming. Nothing we couldn’t buy at the local restaurant outside the resort.

The resort had three main pools. Two pools were adults only. We spent most of our time at the family pool. It was big enough to not feel crowded. Ian was fantastic! He was very good at bringing us cups of cold iced water and fruit sticks for us. Made us feel very welcomed and taken care of.

The local laundry was great. They charged 80 Baht per kilo.

I definitely would come back and stay at The Slate. We will try and book the villa on our next stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this amazing review, which I am sure will be very helpful to other TripAdvisor readers. I am so thrilled to know that from check-in to check-out your experience was absolutely perfect. This is the reason why our team works so hard and ensures our guests leave the hotel with memorable souvenirs.

I have passed your kind comment to our butler Khun Ei who is absolutely delighted to hear from you.

I am sorry about the reservation issue at Black Ginger but glad to know you finally had a nice evening.

We are already looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and continuing to exceed your expectations.

Please feel free to contact me directly, I'll be more than pleased to help you with your reservation.

Reviewed 15 September 2022

Our family of 4 recently returned from a week long stay - our 3rd visit to this resort. We have visited Phuket many times and stayed in other resorts around the district but believe this is the best option for families.

Nai Yang is a quieter beach with more than enough restaurants and spa's to visit over a week. Being close to the airport, getting to and from the resort is an easy 10 min car ride which is great after a flight.

A lot of creativity has gone into the design of this resort to make it a memorable experience. We stayed in the D-Buk Family Suite which sleeps 4 comfortably. Our 7 & 8 year olds really love the scheduled activities at the kids club and making new friends. There are 3 pools, 2 of which are kid-free for a quieter environment. Food is great - buffet breakfasts tick all boxes, poolside food is good, Black Ginger Restaurant is beautiful.

This is a great resort and we are sure to visit again soon. Thanks to all the kind staff for a memorable stay.

Room tip: D-Buk Family Suite is a great value option for families of 4.
Date of stay: September 2022
Claude Sauter, General Manager at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2022

Dear Vittoria,

Thank you so much for your return visit and this wonderful feedback. I am thrilled to know that you had again a fantastic time with us.

Knowing that we are your favorite resort in Phuket means a lot to all of us and especially our amazing staff, who work tirelessly to offer exceptional customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you may need.

Reviewed 14 September 2022 via mobile

My husband and I spent the first half of our honeymoon at this amazing resort. The beautiful facilities are tucked away in the quiet, tropical and lush resort. We were blown away not only by how beautiful our room/the resort was, but the staff. The staff was extremely kind and helpful- going above and beyond in every aspect. Another great thing about The Slate, was the abundance of gluten free menu items. I can’t wait to come back!!

Room tip: 10 minutes from the Phuket airport! The Slate will pick you up in their luxury vehicle.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for selecting The Slate as the first part of your honeymoon. I am of course delighted to read that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities, the tropical feel of the resort, and our well-appointed room. But more importantly, I am truly happy that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay the most memorable one. I will make sure to share your kind comment with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please don't hesitate to contact us for any assistance you may need.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2022

2 bedroom family pool villa consists of 2 separate bedrooms villa and another separate villa for living/dining/spa. Private pool is one of the largest private pool in Phuket and great for young kids. Personal butler for villa is brilliant and the service and follow up is just what luxury is all about. Resort grounds are very beautiful and there's a swag-feel on the entire property ... only complain : maybe better lightings around the resort and in rooms

Date of stay: September 2022
Claude Sauter, General Manager at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and it was a pleasure to have you as our guests.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your 900 sqm 2 bedroom family pool villa.

Our Villas are ideal for the guest seeking the extra bit of luxury and privacy, they come with a personalized Butler Service, complimentary in-villa breakfast, complimentary spa treatments, and daily afternoon tea, mini bar, laundry, and many other perks which ensure a mind-boggling experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do contact me directly for possible assistance with your arrangements.

General Manager / The Slate