1,669 results
All reviewsettington chasegroupon dealleisure facilitiesjacuzzi and saunaevening mealmurder mystery weekendstratford upon avonchequers innbar pricesbuffet breakfastsuperior roomweekend breaklovely groundsboth morningstrouser pressshort drivefirst morning
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel could be so much better, the grounds are immaculate, and generally it looks good, but nothing more than ok.

I find it a real shame that hotels cant do the basics with old moldy sealant around bathroom basins and baths, really basic maintenance and the difference between going again or not for me.

Lovely outside seating area with rattan, clearly not been pressure washed as there was broken glass in the slabs and the glass tables were filthy.

Food was above average however the hotel let's itself down with hugely over priced drinks.

Staff are clearly trained to be polite, a nice touch, lacking in other establishments.

With a little bit of attention to detail this place could be really good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Lorraine L, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for you feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will look into the issues relating to the patio areas

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel is ok, food ok. But you cannot stay in the lobby and have a good conversation because of the extreme terrible music they are playing. I have been there several times and we all went into the same issues, we had to move away.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I apologise about the background music we have had issues however it is being addressed

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Ettington Chase is a nice hotel located in a small village about 15 minutes from Stratford Upon Avon. The expansive grounds allowed walking around the countryside where we saw pheasants, rabbits and other wildlife.Our room, located in an adjacent building was clean and comfortable with a modern bathroom. The front desk staff were efficient and professional, but not terribly friendly. However, the dining room staff were very nice. We only had coffee in the dining room and ate dinners in local pubs. I would recommend this hotel, but do not expect to stay in the old beautiful building pictured on the website.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us
We do have both Deluxe bedrooms and Junior suites in the old house which have a small supplement however all of our standard rooms are in the main bedroom block

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely stay at Ettington chase , we had to wait for our room as it was not ready and to be honest we thought here we go this is not a good start was not ready till 4 pm but it was worth it , the only niggling thing was getting served at the bar there was nobody behind the bar all the time and you had to ring to get someone to come and this was a bit annoying, restaurant was gorgeous food outstanding staff were very nice especially Matt who served us on Thursday night he was so lovely polite and friendly, the spa was great I used to go in a morning about 9.30 am never anyone in the pool sauna or jacuzzi had it all to myself definitely use the spa if you go .

1  Thank Suzanne C

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the comments relating to Matt and the team. I will ensure that this is passed onto him
I appreciate your comments relating to the bar staff in the afternoon and this has now been addressed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this weekend just gone for our 1st wedding anniversary. We had originally planned to visit Cornwall were we got married but due to our impending house move decided to keep it local and were we got engaged instead. I’ve not done a groupon deal before and thought despite the mixed reviews believe you need to make up your own opinion and sometimes people can over exaggerate. Now I wish I had trusted my first instincts and realised why this place is on offer......firstly the look and feel of the hotel feels like it’s catered to conferences and this stretches throughout its dated, cold and uninviting. The room we were first given that is described online as charming and cosy which was a standard room was dark, dirty I.e stains on the wall and carpet, hair in the plug hole and a view overlooking some haulage containers! On going to reception and explaining to the guy he nervously laughed before mumbling some measly apology and stating all the “standard” rooms were of similar style. Now I fully appreciate you do get what you pay for to some extent but this is no excuse for poor hygiene and cleanliness. On mentioning the reason for our stay I would have expected offering to upgrade us as this was a special occasion (this was offered to us without prompting on our last visit to Stratford upon Avon) so that just goes to show basic lack of customer care and service! We were allocated to another room which was only a slight improvement with slightly cleaner interior but same stains, two dirty bins and the same office type clunky furniture. No toiletries or even glasses and it was freezing in the room which for June is appalling you shouldn’t expect to want to put the heating on and the radiator didn’t work anyway. I heard another lady walking through the bar area later on make the same grumbles so know we weren’t the only ones. We seriously considered going home at this point it was that bad I’ve stayed it better value budget hotels and basic bnbs! We decided to try and make the best of a bad situation as we were starving and see what dinner was like....how bad could it be? Well even though my husbands fish and chips and brownie was edible my pasta was bland and lacked any flavour or substance and the Eton mess came in a tumbler a few questionable strawberries, dry meringue and syrup it was gross! For the price they were if we didn’t have the dinner voucher as part of our package I wouldn’t have paid for this what so ever. A couple i spoke to prior to dinner whilst looking at the menu had also been moved rooms and the staff had suggested the pub for dinner so just goes to show the lack of faith they have in their poor quality of food!! The drink was not included so we chose a bottle of wine which was the only rose available and was £20 a bottle and this was nice. However the shock factor came when googling the price and it retails for £7 so I am bemused at the extortion of the mark up considering the price it would have been bought in at trade price-just shocking!! Now the staff although friendly and polite are very young and clearly inexperienced though this was a stark contrast to the rest of the clientele staying there. Now whilst my husband and I are no longer perhaps spring chickens we are a couple in our 30’s and still the youngest by a country mile- felt like a retirement home’s reunion! I really wanted to use the leisure facilities but was put off at the dirtiness I felt this would just add to our frustration. The bed although comfortable enough left us feeling itchy and upon waking the next morning we had both been bitten not really a surprise when considering the rest. Breakfast the next morning was a slight redeeming factor it seemed like a good variety of choice and was pleasant enough.....however on finishing this we both needed to visit the bathroom shortly after so again just goes to indicate poor preparation and hygiene. We are both absolutely gutted that we couldn’t fully enjoy what was meant to be a very special weekend. I think this hotel has good potential but needs a serious overhaul and many issues addressing starting with basic cleanliness. There is no way on earth this is 4 stars in current condition more like 2 and it can’t rely on its reputation, grounds and events to keep it going.......

1  Thank LaurenShort88

Thank you for your extensive feedback and I apologise that the hotel did not meet your expectations
I have passed on your comments to the team