“Amazing”

The Tavern
Ranked #2 of 183 Restaurants in Kata Beach
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: The Tavern sportbar&restaurant is located in the centre of Kata tourist area inside a busy soi . Tourists and holiday makers are always made to feel at home in the relaxed and familary atmosphere!Serving thai and European food,cocktails,wine and icecold beer! Open since 1 april 2005 The Tavern has been entertaining guests in Kata successfully for many years.5 TV screens,showing all NRL,AFL,SUPER RUGBY EPL AND F1 also a free pooltable and other games.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We came there after we saw review from tripadvisor about this place, and it was true. It was definitely the best chiken i ate since i'm in thailand and the price is also not expensive, it come with big portion too. The owners are really friendly, you feel directly like at home. Coming there once means you will come back twice or more :)

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Just arrived from London. The food was amazing! Friendly staff and service. It’s a great place in the afternoon and/or for dinner.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed 10 nights in Kata in March of which I spent 8 nights in the Tavern the other 2 nights it was closed.
Great friendly atmosphere a must place to visit. John is the perfect front man makes you feel right at home.
We were never short of people to have a chat with and make friends with. Whether you just want a quick drink or a stay behind into the early hours this is the place. It is just off the Main Street so you do not get the hustle and traffic noise,absolute perfect location.
If you are looking for good food look no further this place is a dream whether you want English or Thai they are both delicious, Meow (Johns wife) is one great cook should be on Master Chef. All the food is fresh and cooked to your liking.
This is a place where you will not get ripped off, the price of the food and drinks are very reasonable and a good variety.
Thank you John for making us have a perfect holiday we will never forget our trip to The Buda, The Ship Inn, The hotel and most of all THE TAVERN.
Doug & Carole

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I've been coming to Phuket 2 -3 times a year for the past 8 years and have eaten and consumed many beers in most bars and restaurants in the area! Two years ago I found the Tavern and now make a beeline there every night, the choice of drinks available is very plentiful and in my opinion the food is second to none!! John and his staff are all extremely friendly, helpful and always keen to please. The tavern has become a very popular place to go so it would be my advice to pop in at the start of your holiday because like me I'm sure you'll want to return again and again!!
My advice, don't miss out on the Tavern!!

1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 20 April 2018

If you’re staying near Kata, The Tavern is the place to watch sport. A great bar, good food and excellent host and team of staff. I went to watch two Liverpool matches there during my holiday and despite John being and Man U fan (never mind) he made us feel so welcome and like a local. I ll certainly be back next time I’m in Phuket.