“Great food at great value”

Tokar Estate Yarra Valley Winery Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Coldstream
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018

With the amount of competition in the area, you would think it might be hard finding something that stands out in the crowd. To be honest, I came to Tokar expecting the usual fare at the kind of prices that the rest of the winery restaurants were charging. While I was very pleasantly surprised to see the prices, I was thinking that the portions would be small. I was wrong in both context and I didn't even mention that the set menus included a glass of wine with it as well!

We had the duck, barramundi, beef porterhouse and risotto. The food was well presented and very tasty. No complains at all! $48 for a 2-course meal of your choice and a glass of wine sure beats any of the competition hands down! Those that have a sweet tooth can opt to pay an extra $12 for a choice of dessert.

1  Thank CripTic

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This is a repeat visit. I took my wife to Tokar for our wedding anniversary. The food and service there are second to none. The slow cooked duck is delicious and their Shiraz is world class. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Loved the wine tasting and light lunch in the sun on the balcony with a Spledid valley view. Excellent service and beautiful cheese platter with soup, and delicate goats cheese Souffle together with a Tokar rose and chardonnay.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We had a group of friends and chose the $60 offer of 2 courses and a glass of wine. The entrees were varied and of adequate size (apart from the soup that was a very generous serve!). I had the pork spare ribs - delicious!! My main course was the steak and I was very pleasantly surprised by the size but certainly had no trouble in "cleaning the plate". Everyone was satisfied with their choices. The wines were very drinkable and the views incredible. A great way to spend a day!!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

So worth the trip out. Amazing scenery topped off with incredible food. They do s very good deal two courses with a glass of wine which was too good to pass up - even had to upgrade to three courses and wine as the desserts were stunning too!