All reviews horse riding support team organic food my sister horses guide week holiday trip beginners pneumonia vegan stuff
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Just came back from cornacchino horse riding for a week. We had the best time with the best horses. We were looked after so well and ate like kings. My sister and I are vegans but this was no problem and had beautiful food every day.
The highlight of the holiday was swimming with the horses which was an awesome experience. So if you like riding , beautiful scenery, fantastic horses , swimming and washing in thermal rivers , camping and home grown organic food this holiday I can recommend.
We were looked after extremely well, I myself unfortunately got pneumonia but was really taken care of.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

If you love the great outdoors, horses, organic food, ethical travel and amazing guides, then this is the holiday for you. Its very professionally run, the horses are incredibly well cared for and bullet proof. We rode for six days for around 140k - the horses are very fit and cope with the terrain easily. Its a tranquil ride, but the terrain can be challenging, so not for beginners, it s also long days of around 6 hours, with a long dinner break of 3/4 hours at the hottest part of the day.
The food as a vegan traveller was beautiful and respected. We camped for our trip with a full support team, which was lucky, as my sister got a chest infection which required hospital treatment, then it turned to Pneumonia, which needed a second trip to hospital, all of which was taken care of by the support team.
Il Cornacchino itself is very remote and tranquil. All the veg is grown there, and all other food stuffs and drink is locally sourced.
We flew into Rome fiumicino, then took the two train trips to chiusi chianciano terme, which was easy and not expensive.
We went the last week in August.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017

If you are looking for a place where you can stay in peace with yourself, meet with other guests, dogs, cats, donkeys and horses when you wish to (you don't have to), than your are at paradise in Cornacchino. You don't have to be a food lover, but I guess latest at the end of your stay you will be enthousiastic about the delicious italian food

Room Tip: cozy, simple, every day made, wood and stone rooms with view at beautiful and peaceful landscape
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2016

We have just arrived home from Il Cornicchino and it was amazing. Completely professionally run.

The Horses

The horses were amazing, loved, cared for and in great condition. They were a credit to the Il Cornicchino team as they were very well trained for the work they do and were a delight to be around and were very responsive and excellent to ride as well as being good company for the rider. The horses live as a herd in a natural environment and in consequence they do have some of their own rules about order and it is, I believe, polite to respect some of the horses wishes in relation to order etc. I do not condone bad behaviour to other horses whilst being ridden. If you can read their situation it makes for a better understanding all round.

The Riding

This is hilly country and so the riding is not fast but the scenery is brilliant and you wouldn't want to miss it. There are trots and canters everyday. Depending on the trail you choose it will go around vineyards, through woods, up and down mountains, across rivers, sometimes swimming with the horses. It is a great experience.

The Accommodation

The accommodation is very good with comfortable beds and gloriously crisp clean sheets. Check as to shared bathrooms, some rooms share and therefore this is worth checking before you book.

The Food

The food here is first class regional fare. It is very tasty and wholesome and produced in a very Italian way. One of Italy's top cookbook writers used to run the kitchen here and the quality is very high.

Guides

Julio the guide we had was brilliant as was our support team for the trail, which was Alessio and Flavia. They know the way, although routes are not used to frequently, and the food and places to stay are brilliant well thought out.

Be prepared to walk down long steep hills. This is more comfortable for the horses and reduces any damage to their backs with the hair being pushed up the wrong way.

Room Tip: This is not a destination for rooms. It is a destination for riding. Just ask for an en-suite if you want one.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I spent a long weekend with my daughter Liselotte (12 years) who is very much into horses and probably will be for life. I was ment to be a dad/daughter special thing to reinforce our bond.

I did not sit on a horse for 35 years and was a bit nerveous that it wouldn't work out.

It was very much the oppisite, the people a Cornacchino are real professionals. They personlized the tour so that I could join each event and even impress my daughter. For both of us it was a life time experience and I really recommend Cornacchino to all people that would still be hesitating.

The site and nature around the agroturismo are amazing (flower hills). The food is excellent and in a typical relaxed Italian way.

We had the time of our life and fromnow on we will be back with the family on a yearly basis.

Room Tip: horses nature good food
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family