2,589 results
All reviews standard room gallery restaurant sand bar sea breeze half board fish jacuzzi beach villa dive centre kids club other islands service charge island hopping curries dolphin cruise main restaurant reef sharks thai restaurant
Reviewed 8 May 2018

-1) Toiletries never replaced in rooms 2) cleaning service only available certain times. 3) Male cleaners cleaning female toilets near the beach where women are going in, in their Bikinis very uncomfortable. 4) all inclusive very poor only 1 restaurant only allowed - no mini bar included, cant get a snack down at beach unless pay for it even though all inclusive.All inclusive bar only serve till 12 midnight then is charged 5) rooms very far from main area no buggy's ever available when asked to bring us back to room . 6) sat for 2 hrs on arrival as they wanted us to pay for transfer even though we showed email of payment - and a call was made to holiday factory to confirm this they still wanted us to pay - we were not going to run away we were on an island they could of gave us our room instead of leaving us wait.
7) on a good note staff is friendly / location good for snorkeling and diving

Room Tip: cleaning service should be available when required toiletries should always be replaced When rooms are very far from main area buggy's should be available for people
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bandosmv, General Manager at Bandos Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Tauseef A,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on this platform with our fellow travelers. We really appreciate your comments on all our services and facilities as they help us identify the improvement needed.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused upon check in, as we follow certain rules and procedures to ensure the rest of your holiday can be relaxing with no worry about money. Your remarks on the facility has deemed indeed insightful, all of which will be delivered to our management for further improvements on the quality of our guest experience delivered.

We are glad to hear our team has been warm towards you, all our associates ensure to make our guests feel welcome and homely during their holiday. Our house reef is magnificent and it's wonderful to hear you had the time to explore the beauty of it.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The island is very nice for children due to the nearby airport. The proximity to the airport did not trouble by airplane noise at all (I think I noticed 3 planes in 8 days).
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach is very beautiful, but you should make sure to use the beach around the Standard Bungalows or on the other side of the diving centre, I think they have the best part of the beach. We booked (without realizing) the so called Classic Rooms. I can only recommend not to do it and get a Standard Room instead. The CR are located far away the beach and especially with little children you will have to walk about 5-10 minutes to get to the beach. Doesn't sound much I know- but consider the heat and humidity for children.
The Kid's Club is very good and the staff really friendly. The reef is great to see sharks, Mantas and stingrays etc....
The Hurvan Bar is just so nice to seat and the food very delicious.
There lots and lots of children, which we just found great!
I loved the fact that Late-Check-Out was possible and also the possibility to stay on the island until 3 hours of the flight. Thanks a lot to the management! :)
I really loved the island and will be surely coming back!

Some minor suggestions for the management:
1. the buffet is great, but why there is no special typical children-oriented food in the evenings I can not understand at all. Especially taking in account all the families staying on the island. In the morning you have the nice guy painting fancy pancakes for children every second day- perfect. But what about dinner? Why no pizza, french fries etc? My daughter was quite dissapointed by that, especially if the island serves such good pizza and french fries in the Hurvan Bar. Why not providing it at dinner?
2. Please do something about the dress code at dinner. Suits and long pants are surely not necessary, but is it really necessary to allow guests to wear tank tops? So many men doing that and this makes an impression like being on a campingsite.

3.The staff is very friendly and I guess management treats them quite well (which is nice to see). But sometimes I found several staff (cleaning) sitting around the paths behind the bungalows in groups talking to each other and looking at the guests with sunglasses on and not even greeting. That is somewhat strange at times- LOL I felt at times as if they were on holidays and I had to greet them a good morning. Mabye it's just my impression but in comparison to other Maldivian islands I found this behaviour a little odd. I find it unpolite for hotel staff staring at guests with sunglasses put on.

Altogether I have to say it was a very nice experience and would recommend it without a doubt,

Room Tip: Standard Bungalows are the way to go
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Will_M_1983
Bandosmv, General Manager at Bandos Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Will_M_1983,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review. We really enjoyed reading through!

Our island is located very close to the airport, proximity works to our best advantage mostly. Standard Rooms are the most popular rooms due to it's location. Our House Reef is only a swim away with an abundance of marine life right at your feet. The Beach around the island evolves throughout the year, however the best you may find may be on the west or north of the island. We are glad to hear our associates have made you feel welcome and comfortable during your time with us.

We do arrange late check outs depending on availability.

Thank you for all your suggestions, our management will be notified of these remarks and we will certainly look into it.

We are sorry to hear you cam across odd behavior from some of our associates, we will ensure to train our staff and raise awareness on their behavior towards our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and providing such generous feedback, we would love to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Unbelievable place, everything was perfect. I will definitely return to Bandos; couldn’t have asked for more perfect trip. Settings are stunning, and the resort was kept to very high standards. Steff we’re great

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear katdouglas,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our resort! We are delighted to hear your time in Bandos has been amazing.

We look forward to seeing you for another wonderful holiday.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Choosing a holiday in the Maldives is always right and Bandos was a good choice, since I was traveling alone with my daughter. The island is very close to Male which is an advantage for the arrival / departure times to and from the Resort, but this proximity at the same time detracts a bit from the typical Maldivian island atmosphere dispersed in the Indian Ocean. In fact, Male is clearly visible from a part of the island (Deluxe rooms and reception), while the best part of the beach is in front of the standard rooms (between 180 and 200). The reef is very close, easily accessible from the beach and rich in marine life. Very comfortable even the pool, surrounded by a beautiful tropical garden and useful in case of excessive wind and rough seas. The Resort also offers a brand new and well-maintained sports center and a very nice and well organized miniclub service, with English-speaking educators. I have chosen full board and I think it was the right choice. The Gallery restaurant offers a decent variety of foods, perhaps too much meat and little fish. The desserts are very good. Very pleasant to spend evenings after dinner at the bar on the pier of the Huvan restaurant. The outcome of the holiday is undoubtedly positive, as mentioned the choice of the Maldives is always right. If I had to travel alone with my daughter again, I could probably come back, otherwise I would choose to change the island to see something new and above all move away from Male that detracts a bit from the typical Maldivian atmosphere.

Room Tip: Standard room
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bandosmv, General Manager at Bandos Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear mmandi2018,

Thank you for taking your time to share your review with us on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate your feedback and enjoyed reading your review.

Our proximity from the airport and the capital is indeed an advantage. Our standard Rooms are the most popular rooms among our guests. House Reef is only a swim away with an abundance of marine life to discover right at your feet. Our Clubhouse complex offer various activities for guests to enjoy during their stay, as well as Riya offers excursions filled with adventure.

Thank you for all the wonderful remarks and feedback on our food varieties, we will certainly pass the comments on to our chefs.

Thank you for staying with us and enjoying a wonderful holiday. We would love to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Kurumba Maldives in 2017 which was an excellent experience, so we decided to visit the Maldives again and this time, we chose Bandos.

We had the deluxe room, all inclusive for 5 nights booked via Expedia. The room looked old, desperately needs an update. Our ceiling fan didn't work, everywhere we went, there are fix-ups happening...(we were told by the front desk that the ceilig fan was a decoration btw). The housekeeping was half done, left construction material on the floor.

Our room was quite far from the beach, if you are booking a deluxe room with small kids, I really recommend bringing a foldable stroller with you. (you can also rent it at the kids club).

For all inclusive package, we had buffet every meal, the food was not very satisfying. If you love good cuisine, This is not a place to dine. Lunch and dinner often had food that is made with left-over looking stuff.

The beach is really nice though, go early in the morning to grab a good spot!

The overall service level is average. I guess after Kurumba, we were expecting similar experience and we certainly didn't get it at Bandos both in terms of quality of service and quality of food.

If you are a big soft drink fan and tend to consume lots of alcohol, then all inclusive is good, if not, I personally regretted it paying the extra for all inclusive. I feel you don't get the best quality of food with all inclusive package.

Rating it a three star for the experience above.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Jing M,

Thank you for taking your time to review our island and share your feedback. We really appreciate your comments as it allows us to identify the area's we could be working on for improvement.

We are sorry to hear our rooms have not been up to your expectations, we are looking into the matter and will be working on finishing up on refinements.

Your remarks on our food offerings will be passed onto our chefs and will surely be working on providing our guests with more tasty dishes.

All Inclusive is ideal for guests who prefer alcohol as the package offers a wide range of selections.

Thank you for all your feedback, our team will be looking into all the area's highlighted in order to provide our future guests with a better guest experience.

We hope to have the chance to be of service to you, hopefully show an impact of your feedback. Thank you for staying with us.